Refresher

BilliKat

Hey all! Back again. I can't deny I've become the dreaded fair weather fan I never thought I'd be. But I had a wedding and a newborn going on last season and there was just no interest... so far as I'm concerned it didn't happen. 

Im excited to see that we've got some football player types on the court again! Remembering how Jett worked out makes me very excited. HOLY cow, French is intimidating and I'm so happy he's on our side.

I feel I know none of the players very well, I remember Roby but.... I can't say I want to play catch up from the threads so ...

what is everyone's prediction? Who's who? Who's starting?

Glad to be back in the Billikens boat again!

We might be good and we might not. We may have 12 scholarship players available by semester's end, or 8, we have no resolution to situation 2, hoping it goes better than situation 1.

Here's the roster with some faces: http://www.slubillikens.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=27200&SPID=93215&SPSID=632633

Goodwin: local St. Louis guy, top 50 recruit in class of 2017, think Marcus Smart, going to be a top player in the country by his senior year

Foreman: transfer from Rutgers, should be an absolute force on the boards 

Graves: transfer from BC, sneaky fast and has some mad hops, will be an excellent option at PG off the bench. Not eligible until Spring

Bess: transfer from Michigan State, Ford says he will fill up the stat sheet this year

Henriquez: transfer from South Florida, will be one of our best options as a three point shot and will likely be a top scorer on the team

French: 6'7 werewolf. Top 100 recruit in 2017. Will likely be a starter by March, and I would wager he's a 1st team A10 player at the end of his sophomore year. 

Anthony: transfer from Seton Hall, lot's of experience and will be a solid option at the 5

Santos: might be the most physically powerful player on the team. Not eligible until next year, but when we have Gordon, Santos, French on the front...... good lord

I know we're all Billikens fans and are conditioned to expect the worst possible outcome. But this appears to be one of the most pure talent laden Bills teams ever. I anticipate we will exceed a lot of expectations this year. 

The other thing is this upcoming recruiting maybe the best in SLUs history. Rivaling Hughes class and Highmark/Claggett class.

If all goes according to plan we should be signing Carte Are Gordon, a 5 star recruit from Webster Grove, Thatch a formidable 3 star guard from Sikeston and Mickey Pearson, a tall lanky guard from Kentucky.

Signing is in 2 weeks

1 hour ago, Spoon-Balls said:

Here's the roster with some faces: http://www.slubillikens.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=27200&SPID=93215&SPSID=632633

Goodwin: local St. Louis guy, top 50 recruit in class of 2017, think Marcus Smart, going to be a top player in the country by his senior year

Foreman: transfer from Rutgers, should be an absolute force on the boards 

Graves: transfer from BC, sneaky fast and has some mad hops, will be an excellent option at PG off the bench. Not eligible until Spring

Bess: transfer from Michigan State, Ford says he will fill up the stat sheet this year

Henriquez: transfer from South Florida, will be one of our best options as a three point shot and will likely be a top scorer on the team

French: 6'7 werewolf. Top 100 recruit in 2017. Will likely be a starter by March, and I would wager he's a 1st team A10 player at the end of his sophomore year. 

Anthony: transfer from Seton Hall, lot's of experience and will be a solid option at the 5

Santos: might be the most physically powerful player on the team. Not eligible until next year, but when we have Gordon, Santos, French on the front...... good lord

I know we're all Billikens fans and are conditioned to expect the worst possible outcome. But this appears to be one of the most pure talent laden Bills teams ever. I anticipate we will exceed a lot of expectations this year. 

First off, love the name :) 

I'm usual an optimist. So I'm, as for nOw, feeling confident s2 is not even something to spend time worrying about anymore. 

Im very excited for this year. I'm currently trying to get a hoodie for my daughter, but I don't like the new Billiken logo so I'm looking to get something better to be her lucky sweatshirt. New bills fan in the works. 

Spoon-Balls likes this

55 minutes ago, tarheelbilliken said:

The other thing is this upcoming recruiting maybe the best in SLUs history. Rivaling Hughes class and Highmark/Claggett class.

If all goes according to plan we should be signing Carte Are Gordon, a 5 star recruit from Webster Grove, Thatch a formidable 3 star guard from Sikeston and Mickey Pearson, a tall lanky guard from Kentucky.

Signing is in 2 weeks

I was intimidated to read the 176 page thread... read the last three pages and got none of that info so thank you for the update. 

Man I miss Highmark Claggett and Waldman.... that type of class is exactly what I want to hear about :)

Im out in the Fairview area now and a couple neighbors and I were talking about wanting to get to some games this year. Of course they all admit they haven't been since Lisch was there. I'm reeling em in.

55 minutes ago, BilliKitty said:

I was intimidated to read the 176 page thread... read the last three pages and got none of that info so thank you for the update. 

Man I miss Highmark Claggett and Waldman.... that type of class is exactly what I want to hear about :)

Im out in the Fairview area now and a couple neighbors and I were talking about wanting to get to some games this year. Of course they all admit they haven't been since Lisch was there. I'm reeling em in.

Season tickets for $99

BillyKitty appreciate the enthusiasm shown by your dad in 2015 and hope he continues enjoying the game

My two cents worth, the team is markedly improved this year in comparison to last year. How much is not clear and will depend on how they play as a team but the signs and indications are very good so far. We will see. I think you should consider hauling your dad to the court several times this year, but please have a ritual of exorcism before bringing in your husband.

All the best with your newborn, is this the first?

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

BillyKitty appreciate the enthusiasm shown by your dad in 2015 and hope he continues enjoying the game

My two cents worth, the team is markedly improved this year in comparison to last year. How much is not clear and will depend on how they play as a team but the signs and indications are very good so far. We will see. I think you should consider hauling your dad to the court several times this year, but please have a ritual of exorcism before bringing in your husband.

All the best with your newborn, is this the first?

He's pretty great, enthusiasm and all :) 

he and his buddy have tickets again, so they will be there :) 

ill have the Mr watch a couple of our great games on tv and get a nice SLU knowledge before he tries again

she is our first, but she's 14 months now. No longer keeping me from my Billikens games. She's a good clapper so she'll fit right in 

5 hours ago, BilliKitty said:

Right?! Ive got one to go with my dad. My husband has no interest 😞 He went to one game with me in 2015, we lost by 35 points. 

I agree with Tonka.   Hubby has to go.   Surprised Billiken fandom wasn't in your prenup

Tonka likes this

I guess BilliKitty you assumed "locker room talk" was ok here. We should milk this for all it's worth since we have no real things to talk about with all the tight lips and clouds over our beloved program with less than a week till our first public reveal. Hope some of you all our going to the exhibition game.