OT: FBI Arrests NCAAB Asst. Coaches

slufan13

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, slufan13 said:

I would expect Louisville recruits to re-open their recruitment but I certainly wouldn't get my hopes up for anyone coming to SLU

Well, we may have spots available shortly.

USC, OSU, and Auburn are Nike schools, right?

3 minutes ago, Pistol said:

5-star big man E.J. Montgomery just decommitted from Auburn. I would expect more dominoes to fall at the four schools implicated, and I honestly think you'd be foolish to stay committed to any of them, especially Louisville.

The question these guys now have to answer is: To whom are they accountable? If they accepted shoe company money to commit somewhere, they can't stray too far from the farm.

Also possible many of these kids will never play college basketball. Including Ramey.

2 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

As depressing as things are right now, the good news about the corruption scandal is that it takes any potential national spotlight away from the current SLU situation... This may buffer any potential losses in Ford's ability to recruit now and in the near future.

That’s not good news. 

10 minutes ago, WestCoastBilliken said:

I don't think the dominoes have all fallen. More people are going to get caught up in this.

At least if Billiken season is over before it starts, it will be interesting to watch if any big time coaches get rolled on mid season. 

3 minutes ago, RickThePick said:

I think it's probably a big stretch that it would go as far back as TFord but one of the players Ford recruited at OSU is represented by the sports agent who got raided by the FBI today.

So basically what you are saying is that the assistant coach at OSU (hired under Brad Underwood) that is accused of pushing one of his players to a sports agent pushed a player originally recruited by Ford? I don't see how that could really come back to Ford.

This is going to sound very unsympathetic and opportunistic, but the fact that the Situation II and this FBI deal are happening at the same time might allow us to fill possible openings that occur because of the Situation II with guys that are transferring because of the other deal.