Under the Bridge: Where distracting posts about trolling go

RiseAndGrind

Without getting into an ethical debate (who cares, really? I just like to make fun of Mizzou) this totally screws Coach Ford. He's had his star player committed for almost a year and he's losing him right before signing day. 

Having your livelihood based on the whims of a 17 year old must be a stressful life. Pays well, I guess. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

This is an unbelievably bad message for the youth of this country.  Martin is encouraging kids to back out of promises they have made.  Who would want this man to 'guide' their son through the formative years of college.  No way for me.  I prefer someone with integrity, not someone who encourages kids to go back on their word. 

Another interesting trend with Missouri is how many of their commitments in 2017 and 2018 were previously committed elsewhere. Watson had initially pledged to Ohio State and of the seven players to commit to Missouri since Martin was hired, six were committed elsewhere before choosing the Tigers.

174.gif

2 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Can someone find a mod with balls? The number of sh1t posts/new accounts we have to wade through now is unbearable 

Seriously?  You question the moderators' fortitude?  Some insecure Mizzou fans come in here hoping to stir up trash, and all you want to do is bar them?

Act like you're a college hoops fan: whack 'em like a pinata!

16 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Can someone find a mod with balls? The number of sh1t posts/new accounts we have to wade through now is unbearable 

I know I moderate lightly, but in the posters who have registered in the last week, none have come from the same IP address (additionally multiple come from non-free email accounts, decreasing the likelihood it is same person).  I know this is not conclusive, but I largely suspect that the local recruiting battles are bring more people to a St. Louis oriented message board.

14 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Seriously?  You question the moderators' fortitude?  Some insecure Mizzou fans come in here hoping to stir up trash, and all you want to do is bar them?

Act like you're a college hoops fan: whack 'em like a pinata!

Yea I don't come here to wade through a dozen mi$$ouri post$ every time I click a thread. And while I appreciate rolling in the muck a$ much a$ the next guy, pointing out how obviou$ly $hady mi$$ouri i$, in re$ponse to their con$tant dribble... day after day... thread by thread... only $erve$ to exacerbate the problem. 

5 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Yea I don't come here to wade through a dozen mi$$ouri post$ every time I click a thread. And while I appreciate rolling in the muck a$ much a$ the next guy, pointing out how obviou$ly $hady mi$$ouri i$, in re$ponse to their con$tant dribble... day after day... thread by thread... only $erve$ to exacerbate the problem. 

You forgot one "S." :D Actually, make that 2.

1 minute ago, slu is lame said:

i love SLU! SLU is the greatest ever. how dare mizzou target stl kids and want to build up there basketball program at the expense of this amazing mid-major program.

Just now, slu is lame said:

as they say in one hand and.......you know the rest. just in your hand.

who let this 8 year old Mizzou fan with no knowledge of spelling or what a comma is onto this board...

Just now, STL Hoops Insider said:

Ish Wainwright, Kevin Punter, George Goode, Anton Beard, Aaron Scales and many more committed to Mizzou then recommitted, no hard feelings everyone moved on. And I'm tired of you guys attacking kids character for recommitting. Javon Bess committed to Akron, decommitted and then chose SLU.

Other than the quick "tool" comments about players not picking us, like Watson, I have not seen many attacks on the players' characters, just much more on St. Martin's character. But you can think what you want, just keep going on defending your favorite coach who has only gotten recruits that have first been committed elsewhere.

1 minute ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Ish Wainwright, Kevin Punter, George Goode, Anton Beard, Aaron Scales and many more committed to Mizzou then recommitted, no hard feelings everyone moved on. And I'm tired of you guys attacking kids character for recommitting. Javon Bess committed to Akron, decommitted and then chose SLU.

With one exception, I don't think anyone has attacked any kid's character. They have questioned the character of someone that continues to pursue a kid who has already committed.  Big difference.

13 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Last time I checked, Travis Ford had had longer tenures as head coach at two different schools than Cuonzo "Mr. 3-years-max" Martin has ever managed.

I like the fire! Don't see this too often out the artist previously known as Thicks (grammatical issues excluded).

34 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

it's been a good 13 year run on this board but I'm out. Maybe I'll be back if we can get some moderators that actually moderate.

Especially when the "moderator" admits there are trolls ruining the discussion, and tells you to just suck it up and deal with it.

@SluSignGuy Is there a limit on the Ignore List, in terms of how many users I can add? I'm well into page 6 of ignored users and I'd hate to run out of room.

Just a general reminder for everyone: the Ignore List function works extremely well.

Quick tutorial: Click on your profile drop-down in the top right corner, choose "Ignored Users", search a user's name, and click on it when it shows up, check the boxes you want (posts, signature, messages, and/or mentions), and click "Add User" - and I promise your experience here will be dramatically improved.

I added 6 new names this morning.

3 minutes ago, waldo027 said:

Especially when the "moderator" admits there are trolls ruining the discussion, and tells you to just suck it up and deal with it.

That's not what I said.  Read my previous (long) "pep talk."  What I said was, "Stop being bullied and crying for fairness; thrash 'em and send 'em crying back to Tigerboard!"  I'm confident you can do it; Mizzou isn't so tough!