Poll: Leading scorer #2

Who will be leading scorer #2 (PPG)? Assume Henriquez is leading scorer #1.  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be leading scorer #2 (PPG)? Assume Henriquez is leading scorer #1.

• Goodwin
    • Foreman
    • Graves
    • Bess
    • Roby
    • Bishop
    • Johnson
    • French
    • Hines
    • Welmer
    • Anthony

Ok, so Henriquez won the first poll with almost 45% of the vote.  Goodwin was a bit off in second with about 31%.  Roby was third with 11.5%.

I think Goodwin is gonna get a lot of love for leading scorer #2.  I'm actually gonna go with Roby, though.  I think he's gonna get a ton of minutes as senior leader, especially down the stretch.  This is the first time he's been surrounded by actual high major talent.  Finally having some semblance of an inside game should open up the outside shooting, as well.  I think he's gonna have a really good year.

15 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Ok, so Henriquez won the first poll with almost 45% of the vote.  Goodwin was a bit off in second with about 31%.  Roby was third with 11.5%.

I think Goodwin is gonna get a lot of love for leading scorer #2.  I'm actually gonna go with Roby, though.  I think he's gonna get a ton of minutes as senior leader, especially down the stretch.  This is the first time he's been surrounded by actual high major talent.  Finally having some semblance of an inside game should open up the outside shooting, as well.  I think he's gonna have a really good year.

As others have been saying, I think we'll have a pretty balanced rotation from 1-8. Our most talented guys are Freshmen, we have just one Senior, and a bunch of the rest of the guys will be playing together for the first time. I have a feeling that a lot of the season will be guys feeling one another out, and as a result the ppg distribution will be pretty tight. Hopefully someone stands out as a go-to guy by the time conference play rolls around - even our most balanced, successful teams knew who they could count on (Mitchell, Jett) for buckets at the end of the game.

Historically transfers haven't pleased me so I still skeptical how good they'll be but on paper they sound great. Our 2 freshman should be great. and all returners should improve. All the newcomers on paper have the talent needed to breakout ahead of the rest. We really have half dozen that could do that. 

2 hours ago, Zink said:

As others have been saying, I think we'll have a pretty balanced rotation from 1-8. Our most talented guys are Freshmen, we have just one Senior, and a bunch of the rest of the guys will be playing together for the first time. I have a feeling that a lot of the season will be guys feeling one another out, and as a result the ppg distribution will be pretty tight. Hopefully someone stands out as a go-to guy by the time conference play rolls around - even our most balanced, successful teams knew who they could count on (Mitchell, Jett) for buckets at the end of the game.

2 seniors

2 hours ago, almaman said:

Historically transfers haven't pleased me so I still skeptical how good they'll be but on paper they sound great. Our 2 freshman should be great. and all returners should improve. All the newcomers on paper have the talent needed to breakout ahead of the rest. We really have half dozen that could do that. 

These are Ford's transfers though 

I am surprised Welmer gets so little love.  If Johnson has an off year, then he will be our only shooting big.  We also have a small forward that can go inside on offense freeing space for him.  It could be a big improvement.  Similar to Cody Ellis.

I picked Johnson for that same reason, but either one really could have that benefit.

15 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

I am surprised Welmer gets so little love.  If Johnson has an off year, then he will be our only shooting big.  We also have a small forward that can go inside on offense freeing space for him.  It could be a big improvement.  Similar to Cody Ellis.

I picked Johnson for that same reason, but either one really could have that benefit.

How many shooting bigs did Ford use at OSU?  How many bigs averaged more than one 3 point attempt per game for Ford at OSU?

26 minutes ago, brianstl said:

How many shooting bigs did Ford use at OSU?  How many bigs averaged more than one 3 point attempt per game for Ford at OSU?

I don't know.  Last year he used two.  He kind of played to the players not the system.  I doubt that he missed how good both Johnson and Welmer were last year.

19 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

I don't know.  Last year he used two.  He kind of played to the players not the system.  I doubt that he missed how good both Johnson and Welmer were last year.

I don't really consider Johnson a true big.  I think he is more of a small forward going forward who gives you limited minutes at the 4 when match ups dictate or the other guys get in foul trouble.

Last season Ford had to make the best out of the roster he inherited.  Why would anyone think that now that he has a roster with 8 of his own guys on it, he would coach a style different than the one he coached the eight seasons before he got here?

Look, I think Welmer will get some minutes because he has a plus skill.  I just think Ford's track record means Welmer won't get the minutes that would be required to be one of the team's top scorers.  He got almost 25 minutes a game last season and he couldn't crack the top 4.  I don't see him getting that many minutes a game next season.

2 hours ago, AnkielBreakers said:

I do not think it is not giving Elliot love it is more about a foot injury and so many more good players on the team.

I would not be surprised if Elliot is the second leading scorer and if he is with the talent around him it will be a big year.

I really like Jalen Johnson I think JJ rebounds better than Ellis.

I chose Roby because he did put up good numbers last year and as Bob Ramsey would say plays the old man type of game.

Happy Friday

• 1 month later...