Board change request

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, slufanskip said:

History and experience tells me Steve isn't banning or limiting people without the board suggesting it. Just my opinion but ban's should be for posters who are not SLU fans who's sole purpose on the board is to stir things up.  There is only one person posting lately that should be banned imo and that is Tilowsky. I don't think anyone else should even be limited.  People are getting on Glorydays for making Zeke's dad mad but ... really? He didn't say anything worse than what's been said hundreds of times before regarding players. I don't agree with it but we are a message board and the reality of it is things will get said that parents of players won't like. Zeke's dad seemed pretty cool and understands the dynamics of a message board. I think he just didn't like the shot on the way out. I agree with him especially since Zeke has been nothing but positive about SLU since day 1. Hell he was even retweeting recruits and probably helping to sell them on SLU and quite possibly even after he had thoughts of leaving. However, if we ban or limit every poster who bad mouths a player 80% of the board would be banned or limited including me I'm sure. If you don't like Glory ignore him, but please drop the ban and limit talk. He's a fan, he's just a fan who's opinions you don't agree with.

Skip, people aren't on Glorydays because of his comments about Zeke, they are on him because of months on end of complete nonsense and turning every thread into some stupid argument. The Zeke comments were the straw that broke many poster's backs. I put him on ignore a month or so ago.

The shame of it is, the kid actually has some real inside info but if he was just mature enough to know how to interact responsibly he could be a valuable member of this community.

6 minutes ago, kshoe said:

Skip, people aren't on Glorydays because of his comments about Zeke, they are on him because of months on end of complete nonsense and turning every thread into some stupid argument. The Zeke comments were the straw that broke many poster's backs. I put him on ignore a month or so ago.

The shame of it is, the kid actually has some real inside info but if he was just mature enough to know how to interact responsibly he could be a valuable member of this community.

People would make fun of him and he would respond or vice versa. Then people would b!tch about all threads being ruined (myself included). Hardly one persons fault. Everyone has to get the last word - just like everywhere else on the internet 

For some clarity, I believe I have set it up so Glorydays can only make 5 posts in a day.  (If this is not the case, @Glorydays2013 should inform me if he cannot post by this evening).

I am going to concede that I do not read every post on the board, but the reason I set the limit was partly because a number of people requested it.  But in reading the threads, the number of posts and the attitude brought by Glorydays often derailed the main conversation.  Billikens.com is moderated VERY lightly, but I think we have lost some of our better posters in the past because I did not reign things in.  If his general behavior changes, I will remove the limit.

5 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

For some clarity, I believe I have set it up so Glorydays can only make 5 posts in a day.  (If this is not the case, @Glorydays2013 should inform me if he cannot post by this evening).

I am going to concede that I do not read every post on the board, but the reason I set the limit was partly because a number of people requested it.  But in reading the threads, the number of posts and the attitude brought by Glorydays often derailed the main conversation.  Billikens.com is moderated VERY lightly, but I think we have lost some of our better posters in the past because I did not reign things in.  If his general behavior changes, I will remove the limit.

Agree with the limit imposed on GloryDays, and with the reasons given for it. He does derail the conversations.

31 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

People would make fun of him and he would respond or vice versa. Then people would b!tch about all threads being ruined (myself included). Hardly one persons fault. Everyone has to get the last word - just like everywhere else on the internet 

This is oh so true.  If posters would have a smidgen of self control in not responding every time someone disagrees, this board would function better.  

I stopped responding every time Soderballs responded with hate, and my blood pressure is now under control.  Once you make your point, move on.  I could put Soderballs on Ignore, but have not chosen to, I simply would rather control the situation by not responding to him.  I do respect his opinions, most of the time.  Same with Billiken Roy.  

GD2013, on the other hand, went too far and rather than being contrite after Mr. Moore posted, he continued to pour it on..."but see I was right".  The line was crossed so he is now on my Ignore list. Yes, I could have exhibited self control and not responded to GD's continual diatribe on Moore, but I didn't.   Yeah, maybe he does have some friends close to the program, but I don't need instant gratification as to what is happening at 8:56 AM this morning.  I can wait until information comes through normal channels.

2 hours ago, slufanskip said:

History and experience tells me Steve isn't banning or limiting people without the board suggesting it. Just my opinion but ban's should be for posters who are not SLU fans who's sole purpose on the board is to stir things up.  There is only one person posting lately that should be banned imo and that is Tilowsky. I don't think anyone else should even be limited.  People are getting on Glorydays for making Zeke's dad mad but ... really? He didn't say anything worse than what's been said hundreds of times before regarding players. I don't agree with it but we are a message board and the reality of it is things will get said that parents of players won't like. Zeke's dad seemed pretty cool and understands the dynamics of a message board. I think he just didn't like the shot on the way out. I agree with him especially since Zeke has been nothing but positive about SLU since day 1. Hell he was even retweeting recruits and probably helping to sell them on SLU and quite possibly even after he had thoughts of leaving. However, if we ban or limit every poster who bad mouths a player 80% of the board would be banned or limited including me I'm sure. If you don't like Glory ignore him, but please drop the ban and limit talk. He's a fan, he's just a fan who's opinions you don't agree with.

Well said Skip agree 100 percent.

4 hours ago, slufanskip said:

Mods, please ban Skip.