GDT Patriot Games

CBFan

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Franchise_08 said:

If Hines wants walk on again that's fine but he has been replaced and then some. After Christmas next season, he is a bench warmer. Please stop accepting mediocrity 

I'm with you.  When Hines fouled the little dude shooting a three that went in I almost strangled someone.  

Hines is not the point guard of the future.

7 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

I'm with you.  When Hines fouled the little dude shooting a three that went in I almost strangled someone.  

Hines is not the point guard of the future.

But he's the PG of the present so be supportive, y'all! Love that kid. Scrappy, tenacious, first team all-effort-team.

If I understand this correctly, Hines pays his tuition, pays for his room and board, gets no tutoring and maybe some other stuff I don't know about. He is (and has been) STARTING on a D1 basketball team and is now the full time point guard. He does stuff that drives me crazy but I can't criticize him at all. The full ride stiffs that can't get off the bench ought to be embarrassed that a walk-on plays head and shoulders above them.

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

There weren't all that many people there to start with.  The announced crowd was tied for the fourth smallest regular season game, in what, our ninth year at Chaifetz.

In fairness, a whole lot of people gave a pass to a 6 p.m. weeknight game. Luckily I got out of work a little early and our carpool worked out perfectly, but if I (like one of my seatmates) was working my normal schedule, I would have strongly considered sitting that one out. 

But screw the students. While they were sitting in their rooms streaming Sponge Bob marathons, they missed what college basketball and rooting for your school are all about. Ash holes. (Thank God for our Band.) 

I am so proud of Hines (really, all the guys)!!  Who led the team in rebounds last night with 8??  Guess who?  a walk-on!  Pelican is right -- life of a walk-on is really tough.  You might say Hines is holding what's left of this team together, and we should be throwing bouquets at him. What a scrappy performance, on a night when Livingston turned into Allen Iverson.  That was quite a game.  I'm just thrilled with how far Coach Ford & staff have taken this group, in 3 months, it's just amazing. 

ps: Johnson had 4 offensive boards;  Roby & Crawford played a combined 95 minutes.  Reggie = 7/12 shooting with some vicious rebounds at the end of the game &  in the overtime period.  wow!!!  give the coaching staff -- and AH -- some well deserved love, OK??

I'd rather see Roby and Moore being asked to stretch themselves and do too much than Hines.  It seems like Roby disappears on offense for long stretches and playing point might keep him more in the game.  I'd rather see Roby or almost anyone else on the team jacking up a last second shot than Hines

1 hour ago, DoctorB said:

I am so proud of Hines (really, all the guys)!!  Who led the team in rebounds last night with 8??  Guess who?  a walk-on!  Pelican is right -- life of a walk-on is really tough.  You might say Hines is holding what's left of this team together, and we should be throwing bouquets at him. What a scrappy performance, on a night when Livingston turned into Allen Iverson.  That was quite a game.  I'm just thrilled with how far Coach Ford & staff have taken this group, in 3 months, it's just amazing. 

ps: Johnson had 4 offensive boards;  Roby & Crawford played a combined 95 minutes.  Reggie = 7/12 shooting with some vicious rebounds at the end of the game &  in the overtime period.  wow!!!  give the coaching staff -- and AH -- some well deserved love, OK??

I am clearly not a big fan of AH, but I do give him credit for his effort and contribution to this team since JB went down.  Having said that, he in no way should be the player with the most shots taken in last night's game (3 FG out of 13 FGA).  Also, in looking at the last part of the game, his foul on #4 shooting from beyond the arc and his allowing a wide-open three by the same player by going underneath a screen instead of on top of it helped keep GM in the game.  It is lucky that Livingston missed the free throw after Hines fouled him on his three, which is probably the only thing Livingston missed all night.

Did anyone hear any reason why GM's leading scorer and rebounder did not play during the last 15-20 minutes of the game?  Was he hurt/sick or just in the doghouse?

Too bad all the students missed the game, but thanks to the "Zoo" for being there.  I think the student turnout had to be less than 100--really poor.  I'm so glad we have an on-campus arena so they don't have to take a bus down to Scottrade, ya, right.

Finally, thanks to the mighty 6 for a great effort.  I hope ZM is available Sat and beyond.

Hope to see you there students.

8 minutes ago, bauman said:

Did anyone hear any reason why GM's leading scorer and rebounder did not play during the last 15-20 minutes of the game?  Was he hurt/sick or just in the doghouse?

ST. LOUIS – The George Mason University men's basketball team (14-8, 4-5) put forth a Herculean effort Wednesday night in Chaifetz Arena but ultimately came up just short, dropping a double overtime contest at Saint Louis, 76-74.

Playing without senior Marquise Moore for the second half and beyond (illness), the Patriots fought hard and made a number of key stops in regulation and overtime. But SLU made just one more play, converting a lay-in at the buzzer in double OT to come away with the win.

"I really give our guys a lot of credit for fighting while we were shorthanded," head coach Dave Paulsen said. "Marquise was battling flu like symptoms and couldn't go. There was no quit in our guys we just couldn't get a stop down the stretch. We had a couple looks that didn't go in. If we continue to play like this and just tighten up our defense we're going to win some more games. But this one certainly stings."

19 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

"I really give our guys a lot of credit for fighting while we were shorthanded," head coach Dave Paulsen said. "Marquise was battling flu like symptoms and couldn't go. There was no quit in our guys we just couldn't get a stop down the stretch. We had a couple looks that didn't go in. If we continue to play like this and just tighten up our defense we're going to win some more games. But this one certainly stings."

I think their coach doesn't know the meaning of shorthanded. He should have taken a look at our bench.

He knows very well the meaning of shorthanded. He is just trying to justify his existence by fabricating some sort of insuperable barrier that kept his hard fighting team from a win despite their herculean efforts. Well done bud, you should be a politician, not a coach.