I will just leave this here....

the dancers might be dancing to welcome in the spring season or something, hell theyre not dancing to celebrate finishing bottom in the A10 i hope, but i honestly think Ford should set an example early and suspend those in the video for the first game of the season.,,,..??

This type of stuff is good because it helps recruiting when potential players think they are going to a place with good camaraderie. Players who have a sense of humor can be a positive thing.

Players who can play basketball would be even a more positive thing.

This type of stuff is good because it helps recruiting when potential players think they are going to a place with good camaraderie. Players who have a sense of humor can be a positive thing.

I agree, and I will add that coach Crews was such a buzz kill this could be the first time in a long time the team can enjoy one another. Coach Crews left a dumpster fire and these guys might be dancing for the same reason that the fans on this site were celebrating coach Crews being dismissed. Coach Ford's charisma has changed my feelings on the decision of his hire and the coach has seemed to rally the remainder of the team around him. I really like how coach Ford uses social media, I think in this day it is important. Who would want to come to SLU to play with these guys if they are not going to be fun to be around. The recruits know the poor results of the last two years from these guys, they do not need another reason to turn down an offer.

I agree, and I will add that coach Crews was such a buzz kill this could be the first time in a long time the team can enjoy one another. Coach Crews left a dumpster fire and these guys might be dancing for the same reason that the fans on this site were celebrating coach Crews being dismissed.

-good point

I agree, and I will add that coach Crews was such a buzz kill this could be the first time in a long time the team can enjoy one another. Coach Crews left a dumpster fire and these guys might be dancing for the same reason that the fans on this site were celebrating coach Crews being dismissed. Coach Ford's charisma has changed my feelings on the decision of his hire and the coach has seemed to rally the remainder of the team around him. I really like how coach Ford uses social media, I think in this day it is important. Who would want to come to SLU to play with these guys if they are not going to be fun to be around. The recruits know the poor results of the last two years from these guys, they do not need another reason to turn down an offer.

+1

Well said. And we all know that progress will take time. Sure, we hope T Ford lands a few immediate help guys -- a JUCO or 5th year transfer would be ideal. But progress was not taking place under Crews and while a talent upgrade is needed, I still believe we have guys who are producing and playing at levels below their talent levels and/or abilities and I know that our team is capable of playing at a level higher than Won Loss record indicates. Improved confidence, new team attitude, not being yanked after each mistake, incremental improvements and we should be better than last year - even without Ash, Milik and Reynolds. Yes, we have no NBA 1st round talents here but also, yes, we do have more talent and potential than we have witnessed from their play last year. I am afraid things have gone too far for Jolly, I don't expect this Board to stop the constant insults, which is a shame, but even he, as a member of our team, deserves a fresh start.

We as fans are very much up in the air as to the degree of talent on this team. After two horrendous seasons of ugly basketball can we reasonably say, as Clock implies, our players have more talent than they've shown and the poor results are solely due to Jim Crews being a piss poor coach? Granted, Crews systems and rotations left a lot of us scratching our heads, but, with few exceptions, a lot of us felt, and still feel, our talent level was way below what it takes to win in the A10.

I don't see any player on our current roster that would be a starter on any A10 team that placed 7 or higher. Certainly none of our bigs would log many minutes on those teams. As for our guards and wings, we might have three players that would play in an 8 man rotation. Even though our systems sucked, a highly skilled/talented player would have risen above the poor coaching and shown us something. If this is the roster that we'll see this season, I don't expect much improvement, if any, over the last two seasons.

Slu72, although I tend to agree with your post, there is one factor that might improve the performance of the current roster of players, that is recovery from injury. The more they recover during the summer, the more capable our injured players may become. This means there is a possibility that they may play better, perhaps significantly better. Another set of question marks for next year have to be Welmer and Moore, we have never seen them play in D1, perhaps they will surprise us with how good they are.

Yes, I admit these thoughts may appear to be very optimistic, but who knows. I think the best we can do is to wait and see what new players enter the team before next season, and who (if any) is let go from the current team. In other words, it is far too early to express optimism or pessimism, the situation is currently very fluid and may change significantly by the end of summer.

I'm not expecting any great improvement next year. I still have hopes that Welmer is a player and maybe we'll get a grad transfer that for some reason would want to join this mess. Otherwise, I'm resigned to the fact that we're not gonna be much better and I'll have to see how Ford fixes things going forward.

Hey, I hope they prove me wrong.

All Bills' fans want to be proven wrong about this team. It's just hard to imagine it based on what we've seen these past two years. What was really discouraging about this past season was, w/ only a couple of exceptions, our Sophs seemed to regress.

Hopefully, Ford can bring some sort of order to the rotation. Think we can all agree that may have been a huge part of the problem w/ Crews. No one ever knew where they stood or when they might be called upon. That's obviously going to hurt a player's confidence. Take Folly for example, he doesn't play in like 4 straight games then suddenly gets big minutes, yet he seemed to be the same player he was before the benching.

It'll be awhile before we crack the elite circle at the top of the A10 again.

Slu72, although I tend to agree with your post, there is one factor that might improve the performance of the current roster of players, that is recovery from injury. The more they recover during the summer, the more capable our injured players may become. This means there is a possibility that they may play better, perhaps significantly better. Another set of question marks for next year have to be Welmer and Moore, we have never seen them play in D1, perhaps they will surprise us with how good they are.

Yes, I admit these thoughts may appear to be very optimistic, but who knows. I think the best we can do is to wait and see what new players enter the team before next season, and who (if any) is let go from the current team. In other words, it is far too early to express optimism or pessimism, the situation is currently very fluid and may change significantly by the end of summer.

Crazy.

Losing Welmer may have hurt us, we dont know ultimately.

He would not have been good with the lack of PG on this roster. Ball distribution is unspeakably bad.

Defense is and would have remained terrible.

Marcus "steph" Bartley is basically the question mark on injuries. Hope Welmer has a filthy shot and Bartley remains the guy we saw in NY.

A decent chunk of our roster is not d1-level.

We do have some legit a10 players though.. Bartley looked all-conference in the tourney.

Bishop will be good. Elliot looked so much better than the other bigs(who were and are awful) in the practice i saw. Cant tell much from that though, habe to see good games vs good competition.

Injuries were not the problem, Jim Crews and Jim Platt being coaches were the reL injuries this past year. That fact alone will make us better on-court.

Injuries a part of the game. Every team has to deal with them. No coach will be able to put together a roster of 13 equally talented players but a good coach will have a roster than can withstand injuries. Only the biggest homer fans blame injuries for a coach's lack of success.