Beat the Bonnies GDT

CBFan

Over on the bonniebandwagon there is a video of jaylen Adams shot. Looked as if the Billikens defense was in good position and trying not to foul Posley driving the lane. The shovel pass to Adams, with the Billikens defender on him, was just a tough play. And contrary to the Post write up "the students" did not rush the court. Ya maybe 25 went on but that was it. Timmerman is a much better reporter

See you guys at the end of the season!

Good Luck, go Billikens beat Dayton!

Haha! I was laughing when I saw the students rush the court. It looked like quite a few on the tube. Thanks Bonawelding!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-Crews recruited the players-all of them, Crews controls playing time, Crews designs and runs the practices, Crews, we think, is getting paid $850k, Crews is by title the head coach, any good and any bad start and end in the seat of the head coach and currently the bad outweighs the good by a very large margin

-if BIGS are such a problem why is our only signed recruit another wing player?

-I'll hang up and listen.....

It could be time for a change, the AD et al need to know what is really going on, I do not.

The two most highly touted SOPH players, MY and DR, with offers from about a dozen power conference schools, who most everyone on this board had praised last year have regressed. If they were factors, especially MY if he played inside, rebounded, played "D", posted up, passed... we might be much better off.

Everyone here trashes Crews... but Chaeney and others have responsibility, why don't the kids listen? Sometimes you recruit a kid and he just plain does not cooperate, does not go with the program, trust me. It happens a lot. Are these two in that category? I do not know. Maybe it is Crews.

I see poorly executed screens, huge defensive lapses, bad footwork, and I assume the coaches have taught them all the proper techniques over and over but it does not happen, so yes to me it could be "coaching leadership", the kids do not buy in or have given up since they realized they are not going to post season play over a month ago. But, again, just those two players, if they had improved since last year instead of regressing, then we had something even though we are very light in the BIGS category. If the AD and others close to the program see that Crews is not effective in leading the kids, then yes it is time for a change.

However, it might be decided to let him have next year, when his two recruited classes are JR's and SOPHs to truly see if the rebuilding is making progress (100th time... the only classes Crews is responsible for is current FR and SOPHs, the others were when he was interim, do you go to work somewhere when you do not know who the boss will be? Not me.).

Our three most reliable/productive players, Ash, Reggie, and MC... oh... all upperclassmen. What a coincidence. (they have shown progress this year, have been developed, as has MR, even Jolly a tad... any credit to Crews and Chaeney? Bishop has shown promise, and walk on Hines has contributed, the staff saw it and made the right choice).

Think about the two top rated recruits, especially a critically needed BIG, MY but also DR, if only they had progressed... still SOPHs.

To all: if you do not like Crews, fine, but show some class.

BIGS.

Our only BIG that is productive is Reggie. He has worked his tail off, a warrior, has really helped, and I respect him for that.

MY should be a productive BIG, inside presence on "D", rebounds, post up "O" a la DE, but it hasn't happened.

None of our young 5's are strong enough to compete, yet.

Our legendary RM success run was when Conk, CE, RL, DE, CR, and GG were all experienced... we had a deep line of seasoned BIGS... some were not so hot until they had a few seasons under their belt.

With the exception of the Dayton game I have seen some progress the last few games. I had a good time watching the game and complained some with the turnovers that I thought cost the team the game. There was an inbound play with a score from Reggie and the offense ran for Crawford to tie the game was fun to watch. Most on this site know more about basketball than I do because when you speak of footwork I would not know it if I saw it so I always appreciate that kind of information from this site. The two turnovers by Reggie that should have been two layups really hurt the team however I agree other than the two turnovers I thought Reggie played well and is improving. I think if the team continues to play at this level the team will finish improved this year instead of finishing worse like they did this season.

I noticed this, too; I listened to the game instead of watching it because I had just gotten home a few minutes after it started and had to cook for the Super Bowl party we were attending. So I missed any announcement of the reason for Earl's absence, if Rammer gave one.

He didn't say anything about it on his Twitter. But he has a new puppy, so maybe the little terror kept him home.

As he was signing off Ramsey said something about Earl recuperating. Don't know from what.

Why didn't Crews put anyone on his staff that had a history of successfully coaching up big men? It seems like that should have been a top priority when putting together his staff given programs at SLU's level have to take on big men that need development.

Why didn't Crews put anyone on his staff that had a history of successfully coaching up big men? It seems like that should have been a top priority when putting together his staff given programs at SLU's level have to take on big men that need development.

The contrast in experience between Majerus assistants and Crews assistants is sickening

The contrast in experience between Majerus assistants and Crews assistants is sickening

Very true, I don't think that gets discussed enough. Majerus built some quality coaching staffs that seemed to compliment him well. I think Tanner gets talked up because Majerus had some praise for the guy, but for him to essentially be our top assistant seems fairly pathetic (candidly I don't much about the guy, but for him to be essentially our lead assistant with his lack of experience is concerning).

Very true, I don't think that gets discussed enough. Majerus built some quality coaching staffs that seemed to compliment him well. I think Tanner gets talked up because Majerus had some praise for the guy, but for him to essentially be our top assistant seems fairly pathetic (candidly I don't much about the guy, but for him to be essentially our lead assistant with his lack of experience is concerning).

-I don't care about the lack of experience with Tanner or anyone, what I do care about is their ability to do the job and it seems he is in charge of or plays a major role in substitutions and that has been a clusterschtook, although it appears a bit better lately but the substitution program couldn't have been worse than it was last season

-I almost typed pattern instead of program but there was no pattern and I'm not sure there is a program, either

-I don't care about the lack of experience with Tanner or anyone, what I do care about is their ability to do the job and it seems he is in charge of or plays a major role in substitutions and that has been a clusterschtook, although it appears a bit better lately but the substitution program couldn't have been worse than it was last season

-I almost typed pattern instead of program but there was no pattern and I'm not sure there is a program, either

If there is a pattern it's certainly hard to figure. Ash gets his 30+ and Crawford his 25+.after that who knows. Maybe they do it based on practice. You know what Allen Iverson says about practice.

Over on the bonniebandwagon there is a video of jaylen Adams shot. Looked as if the Billikens defense was in good position and trying not to foul Posley driving the lane. The shovel pass to Adams, with the Billikens defender on him, was just a tough play. And contrary to the Post write up "the students" did not rush the court. Ya maybe 25 went on but that was it. Timmerman is a much better reporter

See you guys at the end of the season!

Good Luck, go Billikens beat Dayton!

Not to start an argument but from watching on the TV the students did rush the court but really either way it doesn't matter.