SLU v. Duquense GDT

SluSignGuy

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know that. Curious. Provide names of partial qualifier basketball players SLU accepted in the last 10 years. Thank you.

I don't believe we've taken any in the last decade, but I don't think it's all that common of a situation. And the fact that we haven't had any recently (although I believe Justin Tatum was one) doesn't mean we wouldn't accept a partial qualifier should the situation arise. Many comparable schools do. Marquette had pretty good luck with one a few years back as I recall.

I don't believe we've taken any in the last decade, but I don't think it's all that common of a situation. And the fact that we haven't had any recently (although I believe Justin Tatum was one) doesn't mean we wouldn't accept a partial qualifier should the situation arise. Many comparable schools do. Marquette had pretty good luck with one a few years back as I recall.

Right.

SLU does not let kids like that in anymore.

They mostly cannot make it. Sure we have some easier courses for athletes but not outrageous joke classes like at, say, Mizzou (Biology for Non Science Majors).

IMO Mo Alie Cox would not be admitted at SLU. He sat out a year at VCU before becoming academically eligible.

VCU!

And if you think being all conference scholar athlete means anything, wow, you are clueless. It sometimes is "for show". I know athletes personally that didn't even go to class but made "all conference scholar athlete".

(VCU!)

Have you ever stood up for an AA player this obstinately...

Again, everybody knows that I was one of the strongest supporters of WR and KM re the incident. They were not treated fairly. I wrote numerous posts for months.

Admit it.

You are completely wrong.

Right.

SLU does not let kids like that in anmore.

They cannot make it. Sure we have some easier courses for athletes but not outrageous joke classes like at Mizzou (Biology for non science majors).

Mo Alie Cox would not be admitted at SLU. He sat out a year at VCU.

VCU!

And if you think being all conference scholar athlete means anything, wow, you are clueless. I know athletes that didn't even go to class but made "all conference scholar athlete".

You are the joke.

Right.

They mostly cannot make it. Sure we have some easier courses for athletes but not outrageous joke classes like at, say, Mizzou (Biology for Non Science Majors).

IMO Mo Alie Cox would not be admitted at SLU. He sat out a year at VCU before becoming academically eligible.

VCU!

And if you think being all conference scholar athlete means anything, wow, you are clueless. It sometimes is "for show". I know athletes personally that didn't even go to class but made "all conference scholar athlete".

(VCU!)

You're grasping at straws.

Right.

VCU!

(VCU!)

What about when our players make the academic team? That count? Or lisch and conk as academic all Americans?

http://www.wilder.vcu.edu/spotlight/mo-alie-cox.html

Earned his bachelor's in 3 years and will have 2 years to earn his master's.

Outstanding story about Mo Alie-Cox excellent young man. Conklin and Cassity did that as well and Jordair Jett has said in an article that he was the first in his family to graduate college, that is what I enjoy most about college basketball.

Why? Stan "the man" Kroenke

I love that avatar it makes me laugh every time I see Scam's face.

He looks like the guy who was in the news as the first successful face transplant a while back.

stan-kroenke.jpg?w=720

13867180_21n.jpg

Can't wait to see if Uncle Enos names the new stadium after Paige

Funny stuff