BillikensBlog

Not going to get into details but this has been building for a while. Apparently some people involved with the team don't like that we've made some critical remarks either on the blog, on here, or on twitter.

That kind of dried out most of our sources except for a couple and at that point, it just became too much work without the ability to provide anything unique.

Not going to get into details but this has been building for a while. Apparently some people involved with the team don't like that we've made some critical remarks either on the blog, on here, or on twitter.

That kind of dried out most of our sources except for a couple and at that point, it just became too much work without the ability to provide anything unique.

Sorry to hear this. This is further evidence of the mentally weak attitude of this program. Hopefully they start winning games and running an athletic department the correct way and less time reading what 20 people say on a message board.

Sorry to hear this. This is further evidence of the mentally weak attitude of this program. Hopefully they start winning games and running an athletic department the correct way and less time reading what 20 people say on a message board.

-indeed

Is there a point at which THIS site becomes jeopardized or an attempt is made to rein it in?

I doubt it. It'd be more on a poster-by-poster basis - i.e. certain people can't post certain things or get slapped on the wrist for posting something in particular. It's an open forum; it's not one person's point of view, nor is it reliant on access to the program.

I doubt it. It'd be more on a poster-by-poster basis - i.e. certain people can't post certain things or get slapped on the wrist for posting something in particular. It's an open forum; it's not one person's point of view, nor is it reliant on access to the program.

"Access to the program." I'm guessing that really means access to the coaches or members of the athletics department. Some of the posters here are students and have "access" to some of the players (their fellow students). It's only hearsay, but some of those things could potentially "damage" the program (which is the coaches, not the players).

I guess small-time programs will worry about small-time issues

It once was said that a celebrity didn't care if bad things were said, just make sure the name is spelled right. But now brand management is a very meticulous thing. SLU basketball is a brand that needs to be conscious of its image in the media. Even so, they also need to consider their positioning and their product, which are both rather far down in people's perceptions right now.

"Access to the program." I'm guessing that really means access to the coaches or members of the athletics department. Some of the posters here are students and have "access" to some of the players (their fellow students). It's only hearsay, but some of those things could potentially "damage" the program (which is the coaches, not the players).

Hearsay is different than a person running an independent site that features his name, and also interviewing players and coaches after stating his credentials.

We post in relative anonymity and can more or less say whatever we want. Some people are clearly full of it, while others clearly know what they're talking about. What people choose to do with the information they're given in a non-professional setting is up to them, and what readers of the board choose to take seriously or not is up to the individual.

Surely those associated with the athletic department can make this distinction. If they know who a poster is and he crosses a line of some kind, it's not an indictment on the whole forum.

Hearsay is different than a person running an independent site that features his name, and also interviewing players and coaches after stating his credentials.

We post in relative anonymity and can more or less say whatever we want. Some people are clearly full of it, while others clearly know what they're talking about. What people choose to do with the information they're given in a non-professional setting is up to them, and what readers of the board choose to take seriously or not is up to the individual.

Surely those associated with the athletic department can make this distinction. If they know who a poster is and he crosses a line of some kind, it's not an indictment on the whole forum.

Okay. You've convinced me that this forum won't likely ever be in jeopardy.

From a logic standpoint, this is absolutely correct. Unfortunately, things aren't always done logically.

I'm not at all surprised that the Blog's insider info has dried up. The last two posts were the 1) the coach was going to get fired at the end of the season and 2) the coach was over-the-line in criticizing Reggie in the locker room after the Louisville game. If you are associated with the athletic department why would you want to be the source that is contributing to that? I don't think that is unique to SLU as I can't imagine Nick Saban allows his employees to openly provide content to a blog that is calling for his head.

As for this board being somehow endangered...impossible. It's a completely independent site that for the most part just offers people a place to vent and express opinions. The "insiders" associated with the program (Billikan being a prime example) have largely dried up over time because they don't like the overall tone of the board. Similarly, the athletic department has likely stopped providing inside information to people that consistently post it on this site against the AD's wishes.

I never would've guessed you were trying to put unique info out with the blog. The Jolly GIF and the anti-Crews rants didn't require any inside info, but were still entertaining. I didn't figure you were trying to compete with Durando for the scoop putting out stuff like that.

I don't disagree with any of those posts really. We were all tired of doing the blog and even when we were 4-0, the sources were drying up so I think some more critical posts lately probably pissed some people off. I don't want to put 100% of the blame on others as we had been discussing shutting down for a while now.

Anyway thanks to everyone for the kind words and for reading.

I never would've guessed you were trying to put unique info out with the blog. The Jolly GIF and the anti-Crews rants didn't require any inside info, but were still entertaining. I didn't figure you were trying to compete with Durando for the scoop putting out stuff like that.

Those are 2 separate blogs