Trouble at VCU?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25173833/vcus-mo-alie-cox-charged-with-misdemeanor-assault-and-battery

VCU forward Mo Alie-Cox has been charged with misdemeanor assault and battery after an incident with a woman, according to documents obtained by WTVR CBS 6 in Richmond.
"We are aware of the charge against Mo Alie-Cox, and we will continue to monitor the situation closely," said VCU athletic director Ed McLaughlin. "We will allow the legal process to run its course and act appropriately within our VCU Athletics Student-Athlete Code of Conduct as more details become clear."
The incident reportedly happened on April 3 -- the same night Shaka Smart told his players he was leaving VCU for Texas. According to WTVR, here are the alleged details:
The woman said it began when she walked by a group of men and another woman at Society in Shockoe Slip. The other woman, she said, told her not to look in her direction.
“I said I could look wherever I pleased, and she responded with a comment I did not here [sic] and got in my face," the complainant wrote in the court document. "A VCU basketball player made a comment with me responding, 'It's not my fault Shaka Smart left. Is that why your [sic] mad?'"
After the Shaka Smart comment was made, the complainant said the other woman shoved her. The complainant said she then accidentally grabbed the other woman's hair. That is when Alie-Cox allegedly entered the picture, the woman said.
"Mo Alie-Cox punched me in the face,” she wrote in the criminal complaint. "I went to the bouncer to ask for help and Mo Alie-Cox left."
The woman said when she later approached Alie-Cox about the incident, he denied touching her. The woman then filed the criminal report.
Cox averaged 7.5 points and 5.7 rebounds this past season.
He is due back in court May 20.

Is that what happens in real life? A person walks by and immediately gets yelled at to not look in their direction?

Also...she had the awareness to go find the bouncer AFTER Mo Alie Cox allegedly punched her in the face?...must have been one of those Mayweather love taps. Give me a break.

I do not think I am victim blaming when I say...Alie Cox will not be charged with anything and shouldnt be

**Per billikens.com doctrine, I reserve the right to change my opinion/stance at anytime in the future (regardless of said change of heart being founded, grounded, pounded, etc)

Is that what happens in real life? A person walks by and immediately gets yelled at to not look in their directi

Works that way in Newark, NJ. From personal experience.

nothing to see here, move along, and Moe I think I would dump the girlfriend too.

+1 Sounds like the girlfriend is just going to give him fits. There are other fish in the pond, my man.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25173833/vcus-mo-alie-cox-charged-with-misdemeanor-assault-and-battery

VCU forward Mo Alie-Cox has been charged with misdemeanor assault and battery after an incident with a woman, according to documents obtained by WTVR CBS 6 in Richmond.
"We are aware of the charge against Mo Alie-Cox, and we will continue to monitor the situation closely," said VCU athletic director Ed McLaughlin. "We will allow the legal process to run its course and act appropriately within our VCU Athletics Student-Athlete Code of Conduct as more details become clear."
The incident reportedly happened on April 3 -- the same night Shaka Smart told his players he was leaving VCU for Texas. According to WTVR, here are the alleged details:
The woman said it began when she walked by a group of men and another woman at Society in Shockoe Slip. The other woman, she said, told her not to look in her direction.
“I said I could look wherever I pleased, and she responded with a comment I did not here [sic] and got in my face," the complainant wrote in the court document. "A VCU basketball player made a comment with me responding, 'It's not my fault Shaka Smart left. Is that why your [sic] mad?'"
After the Shaka Smart comment was made, the complainant said the other woman shoved her. The complainant said she then accidentally grabbed the other woman's hair. That is when Alie-Cox allegedly entered the picture, the woman said.
"Mo Alie-Cox punched me in the face,” she wrote in the criminal complaint. "I went to the bouncer to ask for help and Mo Alie-Cox left."
The woman said when she later approached Alie-Cox about the incident, he denied touching her. The woman then filed the criminal report.
Cox averaged 7.5 points and 5.7 rebounds this past season.
He is due back in court May 20.

I mentioned in another thread that I had met the parent of a current VCU player. One of the things we talked about was Allie-Cox. I had mentioned that I thought he was a beast and had a lot of upside. It surprised me when he told me that Allie-Cox was actually a very quiet, almost shy person. So, when I read the above I tend to think that this is a typical story where one party is embellishing the facts to fit their own narrative. I obviously do not know him personally, but based on this parent's comments, I call BS on the girl's story.

...Alie Cox will not be charged with anything and shouldnt be

According to the article, he has already been charged...will be interesting to see if it sticks. Less than a Mayweatheresque love tap can be enough to get misdemeanor assault on your record.

I mentioned in another thread that I had met the parent of a current VCU player. One of the things we talked about was Allie-Cox. I had mentioned that I thought he was a beast and had a lot of upside. It surprised me when he told me that Allie-Cox was actually a very quiet, almost shy person. So, when I read the above I tend to think that this is a typical story where one party is embellishing the facts to fit their own narrative. I obviously do not know him personally, but based on this parent's comments, I call BS on the girl's story.

Thank god we don't decide guilt solely on a second or third hand account of an individual's character.

Sounds like a woman tried to beat up Cox's girlfriend. He neutralized the threat to his woman. Nothing any other man wouldn't do.

Can we wait til some more info comes out before letting him off the hook? A woman pulling another woman's hair (intentional or not) does not deserve to be punched in the face by a 6'7" man. I'm not saying I believe for sure that he punched her, but let's let this play out a bit and take a look at the evidence. If this was in a club or whatever, maybe some video will come out.

Thank god we don't decide guilt solely on a second or third hand account of an individual's character.

Yep, that's why we have juries. Of course, we are all allowed to express our opinions...I think....

Can we wait til some more info comes out before letting him off the hook? A woman pulling another woman's hair (intentional or not) does not deserve to be punched in the face by a 6'7" man. I'm not saying I believe for sure that he punched her, but let's let this play out a bit and take a look at the evidence. If this was in a club or whatever, maybe some video will come out.

Hopefully the video does come out, like the Cleveland bus driver. The greatest uppercut on youtube.

According to the article, he has already been charged...will be interesting to see if it sticks. Less than a Mayweatheresque love tap can be enough to get misdemeanor assault on your record.

My mistake...agree, let's see if it sticks.

It has not been mentioned yet, but I do think the line, "It's not my fault your coach left" is some Grade A trash talk.

It's always the quiet, shy ones...

2654151-patrick_bateman.jpg