Will there be any additions or changes to the coaching staff?

GOSLU68

Since we lost Alex Jensen I have never felt we had someome really great to help the Bigs.

We have at least two coming next year. I did feel Gillman improved, as did Roby, Yarborough,

Crawford and even Miles Reynolds toward the very end. Cheaney seemed to work with Agbeko and

Yarborough almost exclusively. Will Cheaney stay? It would be nice to bring in a new Bigs coach like

maybe Justin Tatum. Majerus had the best assistants SLU had ever seen. Some of the current ones seem like U of Indiana croanies-we are not Indiana. I hope we get a player that can work the Alley Oop and a coach that can coach postioning for rebounding-we were weak

My guess is no although Cheaney was a finalist for the IUPUI job last year so he may get some looks again for a small school head coaching job or a bigger school assistant.

Jensen and Harriman were 2 really big losses but it's hard to expect SLU to be able to retain good assistants.

Rarely you have assistants stay any length of time. The only one's I can recall are Hank Raymonds for Al McGuire and Bill Guthridge for Dean Smith. Both Raymonds and Guthridge did become head coaches but it was the latter years of both career's.

The ultimate goal of most assistants is to become a HC.

Rarely you have assistants stay any length of time. The only one's I can recall are Hank Raymonds for Al McGuire and Bill Guthridge for Dean Smith. Both Raymonds and Guthridge did become head coaches but it was the latter years of both career's.

The ultimate goal of most assistants is to become a HC.

Except our HC who was content with being an assistant in his latter years

Except our HC who was content with being an assistant in his latter years

And then go on to win national coach of the year honors and conference coach of the year twice. So there's that

The piling on is redic

And then go on to win national coach of the year honors and conference coach of the year twice. So there's that

The piling on is redic

And then has the last place team in a down conference. So there's that. I don't get your point. I was simply saying that it is ironic that our HC was pleased with being an AC after someone mentioned that most ACs want to be HCs

Yes as a short term favor to a friend. Hey I can be retired or I can go make $150K working with my friend doing what I love. That's the situation not like he needed to work. Coulda moved back to Indiana and opened up Jimmy C's Chicken Shack and done just fine slinging over priced boneless wings.

He's not criticizing Crews. The Crews apologists are just as bad as the Crews haters.

Give me a freaking break. There has been very little crews apologizing going on, just a few of us that are sick and tired of the constant piling on by a bunch of posters on here.

Seriously, what is the point of every thread turning super negative and cheap shots being taken at just about everyone, especially the coach? This board, like all boards im sure, has some wild mood swings but it's clear a few vocal posters just can't handle the poor finish to the season and are going to be d!cks the entire offseason.

Give me a freaking break. There has been very little crews apologizing going on, just a few of us that are sick and tired of the constant piling on by a bunch of posters on here.

Seriously, what is the point of every thread turning super negative and cheap shots being taken at just about everyone, especially the coach? This board, like all boards im sure, has some wild mood swings but it's clear a few vocal posters just can't handle the poor finish to the season and are going to be d!cks the entire offseason.

If you say so. I know for a fact the players are not happy with the great Jimmy Crews

If you say so. I know for a fact the players are not happy with the great Jimmy Crews

By "players" are you referencing all players on the team or just a select few who are no longer with the program? Because if you are referencing all the player on the team I know for a fact that you are misinformed.

By "players" are you referencing all players on the team or just a select few who are no longer with the program? Because if you are referencing all the player on the team I know for a fact that you are misinformed.

Select few. Some still on team

To be fair, that could describe about 300 D1 teams in any given season.

Or any high school in the country. When they start winning again then everyone will talk about how they are one big happy family. Winning cures a lot of ills.

The piling on is redic

You cannot possibly believe Jim Crews was actually and deservingly the best coach of the year! He did a good job of navigating the circumstances, but he just rode the wave and padded his own resume with it.

You cannot possibly believe Jim Crews was actually and deservingly the best coach of the year! He did a good job of navigating the circumstances, but he just rode the wave and padded his own resume with it.

The coaches did. He earned it. Every year is a different team and they have to be coached. This year was bad, but his first two were great. You can't take that away from him.