McBroom gone

This idea gets repeated around here a lot, but I didn't think his defense was a liability this year. It was worse last year when there were better guard options, and yet he managed to play a lot more. I certainly hope there were off-court issues, because otherwise it just doesn't make any sense how little he played down the stretch.

His three point shooting was fantastic in non-conference. However he never distributed the ball well, and once in conference he could not get his shot off and his percentage dropped. Bartley hit 45 percent in conference and do not have one blocked.

As someone else stated do yo fill it with senior transfer or take a spot from 2016?

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

have it together? really? this will be his second transfer and any grown ass man that posts selfies on social media doesn't exactly scream "I have it all together"

This kind of stuff seems petty. In spite of hopping around the country, he finished his degree in four years and is evidently planning on continuing school. That's more than a lot of kids can say whether they play a D1 sport or not.

And if I had looked like him in my early 20s, I might have posted selfies on social media too. Not gonna lie there.

Who said he finished his degree?

WVBilliken in the post that was quoted above. If he didn't, then I retract my statement.

I don't know the kid, but I also never got the bad apple vibe a lot of people claimed to. That seemed to start on here around the time the infamous homeless vid started making the rounds and never really stopped. I wasn't sure from the way it was tweeted if the guy in the Spiderman suit was actually him, but that seems like another silly thing to rag on the kid over.

WVBilliken in the post that was quoted above. If he didn't, then I retract my statement.

I don't know the kid, but I also never got the bad apple vibe a lot of people claimed to. That seemed to start on here around the time the infamous homeless vid started making the rounds and never really stopped. I wasn't sure from the way it was tweeted if the guy in the Spiderman suit was actually him, but that seems like another silly thing to rag on the kid over.

WVBilliken is clueless. I'm not saying he's wrong but he isn't often right.

billikenfan05, on 19 Mar 2015 - 4:51 PM, said:

have it together? really? this will be his second transfer and any grown ass man that posts selfies on social media doesn't exactly scream "I have it all together"

He transferred because the coach who recruited him got fired. The coaches son, who was McBroom's friend, also transferred.

It only hurts if the staff was going to play him.

This is an interesting player to lose. Do you fill his scholarship and have one less for class of 2016?

You have to keep it open for 2016 right? Would that only be one in that class if we don't? I know the Glaze possibility was brought up in the Lancona thread but could be opportunity for him.

Based on how people talk about the 2016 class, it seems to be strong so unless there is a real solid recruit or transfer, I would prefer to have as many they can for that class.

You have to keep it open for 2016 right? Would that only be one in that class if we don't? I know the Glaze possibility was brought up in the Lancona thread but could be opportunity for him.

Based on how people talk about the 2016 class, it seems to be strong so unless there is a real solid recruit or transfer, I would prefer to have as many they can for that class.

5th year Senior transfer or Glaze (if he's even interested). I know a lot of people feel that we shouldn't take on a 1 year loaner, especially one who isn't going to be a difference maker. It will be interesting to see what Crews does...