Recruiting Update 2015

Taj79

Given our in flux status what with how the dust has yet to settle onthis year, Verbal Commits nowlists us in the hunt for 2-star shooting guard Christian Williams from Decatur and two-star shootingguard Ralph Bellamy from ClaytonHigh School.

It still shows us in the hunt for 2.7 star Nych Smith from Davell's Memphis High School and a new name, 2.5 star Jahshire Hardnett from Mississippi.

Williams I've heard the debate about and Smith has been on there forever. Anyone got anything else on any of these guys or others?

Both Smith and Hardnett are listed at 5' 10".

I think I recall slufan13 who seems fairly connected saying that Williams was the top priority of the coaching staff at this point, so that is not good.

He was, but I said a couple weeks ago that he wanted to hold out for a big offer. He got offered by Iowa during the state tournament this weekend and then committed today. He's a good player and I see why he was our top priority. Crews was in Peoria this weekend to watch him at state. We also had a coach at almost all of his playoff games. But now we need get that PG IMO.

He was, but I said a couple weeks ago that he wanted to hold out for a big offer. He got offered by Iowa during the state tournament this weekend and then committed today. He's a good player and I see why he was our top priority. Crews was in Peoria this weekend to watch him at state. We also had a coach at almost all of his playoff games. But now we need get that PG IMO.

Thanks for the info, you had a really good read on this one.

Obviously putting "Update" in the topic didn't sway my good friend kshoe much. If I wanted to read through 1033 posts that I've already read through I would have. And yet, Williams to Iowa was the one piece of salient information that, even if this turns into another kshoe-adding-nothing-to-the-conversation-but-insults-andshowing-how-smart-he-is threads it was worth it for just that.

Thanks 13.

You wouldn't have needed to read through 52 pages for Williams info, just the last few. Redundant threads are annoying. Just saying.

http://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24415&page=52

Super long threads that rehash and rehash are annoying. Just saying.

Obviously putting "Update" in the topic didn't sway my good friend kshoe much. If I wanted to read through 1033 posts that I've already read through I would have. And yet, Williams to Iowa was the one piece of salient information that, even if this turns into another kshoe-adding-nothing-to-the-conversation-but-insults-andshowing-how-smart-he-is threads it was worth it for just that.

Thanks 13.

Super long threads that rehash and rehash are annoying. Just saying.

The "go to the first unread post" link to the left of the thread topic works wonderfully.

The "go to the first unread post" link to the left of the thread topic works wonderfully.

Yeah, but to get the gist of it you have to read through a ton of crap!!!

Yeah, but to get the gist of it you have to read through a ton of crap!!!

If you want to know what it's like to read through a ton of crap go look at the format used at Tigerboard.com. Having multiple threads talking about the same stuff is much much worse than just having one. Having multiple threads on the same thing also makes it easier for people to miss information and updates they are interested in.

Thanks 13.

I'm thinking about starting another thread titled "Recruiting Update 2016" and posting that we've offered Tatum, Cook and Sneed and then asking if anybody has any updates on those guys. Then, if there are updates, people can add the same posts to both my new thread and the old thread and that way I get to read the same redundant posts twice.

And watch out if anyone dares question why I started a new thread on the exact same topic that has already been nicely housed in a single 1600+ post thread.

I'm thinking about starting another thread titled "Recruiting Update 2016" and posting that we've offered Tatum, Cook and Sneed and then asking if anybody has any updates on those guys. Then, if there are updates, people can add the same posts to both my new thread and the old thread and that way I get to read the same redundant posts twice.

And watch out if anyone dares question why I started a new thread on the exact same topic that has already been nicely housed in a single 1600+ post thread.

Stay tuned for my upcoming "Recruiting Update 2015 Update" post.