VCU Game Day Thread

SluSignGuy

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game Bills. I commend you for keeping up on game threads, although this is a pretty rough season for you guys.

Your young core seems to have some talent, if they can stay together and Crews doesn't mess them up, their upperclassmen years could be pretty entertaining. As always, impressed with Yarbrough and Batley (not sure if that's his name) who hit several good looking threes. I do understand losing Majerus was a pretty big deal, but it seems odd that the recruiting philosophy for SLU is to recruit a good class every 3-4 years. There doesn't seem to be a good mix of veteran leadership and talented underclassmen on these Billiken teams. Either talented upperclassmen with decent/mediocre underclassmen who get no play, or talented large freshman class with mediocre upperclassmen (besides Yacoubou this year).

Crews' recruiting plan needs to change.

Anyways, I commend most of you for keeping up with the team (I'm a Vikings/Twins/Timberwolves fan, so I know it's hard to keep the fanbase interested) - most on here are pretty respectful (except Bay Area, "VCWho" was funny when people actually didn't know who VCU was in CBB).

Good luck the rest of the way, and in Brooklyn. BTW, I'm not too sure Ben Howland wouldn't come to SLU given the right $ and commitment from the institution.

Offense sucks, defense sucks, and the team is regressing. Who is excited about next season?

If I could cut this season short and send Reynolds, Bartley, Gillmann and Roby to the weight room, I would. But they still gotta play the games.

Once the kiddies muscle up, I really don't see how Ash keeps his starting spot next season.

I hope opposing coaches are not tampering with our players.

Did you know, if a player decides to transfer, he is required to sit out for a full year?

If they transfer to a good team they would still be winning, practice within a winning system and eventually play on a winning team. Transferring is really common. Not saying I would do it but you asked why "they" would.

This board gets so upset with "trolls" yet they have their own with Bay Area Douchbag. "VCWho" was played out last decade. Thanks for the laughs, though.

Your team got absolutely owned by our freshmen and sophomores and it will only get worse for you next year. Peace.

I honestly like you guys more than most teams in the conference. Good luck and represent the A10 well.

If I could cut this season short and send Reynolds, Bartley, Gillmann and Roby to the weight room, I would. But they still gotta play the games.

Once the kiddies muscle up, I really don't see how Ash keeps his starting spot next season.

There is potential there with them. It has to be developed and they have to learn to play as a team. The thing that scares me is it looks like they have no clue about the systems they are supposed to be running on both ends of the court.

I do understand losing Majerus was a pretty big deal, but it seems odd that the recruiting philosophy for SLU is to recruit a good class every 3-4 years. There doesn't seem to be a good mix of veteran leadership and talented underclassmen on these Billiken teams. Either talented upperclassmen with decent/mediocre underclassmen who get no play, or talented large freshman class with mediocre upperclassmen (besides Yacoubou this year).

Crews' recruiting plan needs to change.

Crews hasn't even been the head coach three years so it isn't his fault. And it isn't Majerus's fault either unless you want to say getting sick and dying was his fault. He wasn't able to recruit at a high level toward the end of his tenure. Sh$t happens.

2016 has to be a 2nd strong recruiting class to support the 2014 class. 2015 was just a filler class but the staff found a kid who they think can challenge next year's version of Gillmann for the starting job at the 5.

This board gets so upset with "trolls" yet they have their own with Bay Area Douchbag. "VCWho" was played out last decade. Thanks for the laughs, though.

Your team got absolutely owned by our freshmen and sophomores and it will only get worse for you next year. Peace.

What are you expecting from your opponent's fan message board?

Crews hasn't even been the head coach three years so it isn't his fault. And it isn't Majerus's fault either unless you want to say getting sick and dying was his fault. He wasn't able to recruit at a high level toward the end of his tenure. Sh$t happens.

2016 has to be a 2nd strong recruiting class to support the 2014 class. 2015 was just a filler class but the staff found a kid who they think can challenge next year's version of Gillmann for the starting job at the 5.

Why would 2015 be considered just a filler class?

What are you expecting from your opponent's fan message board?

The ability to create an account and post.

Seriously, I was going to be nice and share the stream with a few people asking for it but I couldn't even post because an administrator wouldn't approve my account.

Edit: I didn't even use Bills anywhere in my screenname.

Serious question, are there any white players on VCU?

If there are they don't get as much playing time as ours does. Shaka recruits players who fits his system. If he finds a white one who fits he will recruit him, I believe. I wish Crews would try to fit a system to the players style instead of trying to make the players fit a style that might not be right for their talents.