Vandy over the Bills by 11

The Wiz

Vegas normally comes pretty close to Sagarin when we get to this point in the season. Sagarin says it should almost be 11.5. Vegas tends to give the Bills a point or two more for home court than Sagarin's standard home court. It will will be around 9 or 10. Unless there is an injury or something else I don't know about at this time.

Sagarin is not a good predictor of the real Vegas lines. Sometimes it is in the general ballpark, but here it is 6 points, > 100% off.

Well it seems like forever since I started this thread. Since then the Bills have fallen back to F+

(from D- ) The spread has actually widened from my original prediction (a week ago). Ir now stands at 13. While I don't usually agree much with Backhand, he may have himself a deal this time. This is one of the widest spread differences between Vegas and myself (8 points)....so much for those who say I follow Vegas....lol

Bottomline......Let's play some Bball

Go Bills

..Vegas on NYEve is amateur night out

Wiz know what's up. It's for dudes that like to wear tight, shiny, shirts most likely purchased at Structure.

Don't try to hide behind the sports.

You are missing nothing brianstl, odds are for gamblers, they do not mean a team will win or by how many points. They do mean the probability for Vandy to win this game is higher than the probability for SLU to win it. The actual numerical odds are statistically and experience based, a very highly educated guess if you may. By the way the market is similar in the way it is played. We will see soon, won't we.

First , in regards to the Vermont game....nice game, nice win....for a deeper analysis...see the thread..."Bills are trending"

Next, we are out of the hole ...we are now D- by the skin of our teeth. It is so close that we will fluctuate back and forth between F+ and D- in the next week based on what the teams around us do. But for now it is progress ...we are trending up ...we are better than we were at the beginning of the season. On the other end of the spectrum we are looking at another team that is vacillating....Vandy ( A- ) by the skin of their teeth also. And like us , it is so close they will be moving back and forth between A- & B+ during the coming week based on the other teams around them.

So as you can see by the headline, this won't be easy. Vandy beat a D- team (Penn) last night by 29 points. Of course, there are some differences in our game and the Penn game. First they played at Vandy....the Fetz won't be kind to Vandy. Second, even though Penn and the Bills are both D- ....Penn is playing near maximum capacity ...the Bills are trending up...more potential left...Third . we are a better team defensively ..Last night was Vandys 4th 79pts or more game...that won't happen against the Bills. Finally Vandy had a great game even by Vandy standards ...shooting 57% ...unlikely to do that against the Bills.

But as I pointed out , it won't be easy. Vandy averages 51.1% from the field ....7th in the nation and 39.3% from 3 (33rd in nation). This game will be important to Vandy as I have them as a bubble team at this point of the season. A loss to the Bills will be a blackmark against them come tournament time and could send them to the NIT. But Vandy is no Wichita St.

Here is what we need to do to win....

We always win when....

The Opp has 11 or fewer assists....7-0

Our FG% is 42.6%.....5-0

we make 23 or more FG.....4-0

We usually win when.......

AM has 4 or more FGM....6-1.....86%

AY has 10 pts or more......6-1....86%

We have 12 or fewer TO's....5-1...83%

Vandy weakness....Ball handling ...vulnerable to steals and TO's

And again the 3 ker words to winning....defense, defense , defense...not only to cool off their shooting but to take the ball away

Vandy is a lot like Vermont....they both start with V...they both can shoot well...and they are weak on ball handling....they are similar but Vandy is better. This will be our biggest win of the season if we can pull it off... No margin for error....We can do it if we bring our A game

Time for a post game analysis....

Let's check the OP.....

Vandy by 13 (revised on post #29 of this thread) actual ...by 15...pass

Vandy 7th in the nation in shooting (51.1%)....actual 54.3%........pass

..."......33rd in 3pt shooting (39.3%)................actual..54.5%........pass

Hold Vandy to 11 assists....actual 18............................................fail

Bills shoot 42.6%............actual 36.4%..........................................fail

Bills FGM 23....actual 20..............................................................fail

McBroom 4 FGM...actual 5...........................................................pass

Ash score 10pts...actual 15pts......................................................pass

Bills 12 or fewer TOs....actual 8....................................................pass

and finally...defense, defense, defense.........................................fail

Not on the list but unacceptable ...FTs 50% & 3pt 29.2%.............fail

Btw....nice size crowd considering middle of the week day game...holiday etc....8194