Bills by 10 over SIU-C

The Wiz

Brian is gonna be eating some major crow.

I hope I do.

That said, SIUC returns 4 out of their top five scorers and rebounders from last season. They closed out last season 8-4. This SIUC is much better than the team we beat last year.

I think by the time conference play rolls around will will be the better team, but I don't think we will be that team come Saturday. We have too many pieces that are not use to playing in game situations with each other.

'72. So do you still have us going 14 and 16 despite beating SIUC to start the year? Not too late for you or anyone else to revise upcoming predictions for this year.

Clock, I'm reevaluating as I write this post. The reports on the Memphis scrimmage caught me by surprise. However, I'm more concerned now about our inside game. JM and GG were expected to be at least serviceable in the early going, but they were not real impressive against an undersized NAIA team and hearing how Memphis ate our lunch on rebounds is not encouraging either. This team still remains a mystery. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, take a sip of the blue Koolaid, and revise upwards to 18-12.

My favorite game of the year. SIU like SLU has a ton of unknown.

Beane will be the best player on the court Saturday. I am curious to see where SIU will get the rest of their points from. This SIU team is bigger than they have been in a long time and also should have better shooters than they have had in a long time. I also am curious to how Illinois transfer Ibby Djimde will play.

I agree with most here that with 2 young teams, 1st game of the year, and with lots of unknowns that home court is huge. I said it on the SIU message board that nothing about this game would really surprise me. I can make an argument that SIU could win by 10, I can also see them losing by 20. In the end, I think it comes to home court advantage and SLU wins by 7-10.

Beane will be the best player on the court Saturday. I am curious to see where SIU will get the rest of their points from. This SIU team is bigger than they have been in a long time and also should have better shooters than they have had in a long time. I also am curious to how Illinois transfer Ibby Djimde will play.

I agree with most here that with 2 young teams, 1st game of the year, and with lots of unknowns that home court is huge. I said it on the SIU message board that nothing about this game would really surprise me. I can make an argument that SIU could win by 10, I can also see them losing by 20. In the end, I think it comes to home court advantage and SLU wins by 7-10.

-i hope not

Anthony Beane will show off a couple of the things I taught him when we played together in 6th grade.....

All in all, to try and guess what's going to happen on Saturday is really kind of useless because both teams are simply huge question marks. With that being said, a loss to a team that's been as bad as SIUC has been the last couple years would not be a good outlook for the year. Also, seeing Beane last year, I think he'll be the second best player on the floor. Ash can hoop.