OT: Mizzou to hire Kim

Why do you continue to post here? This is billikens.com. Go to tigerboard and post on your teams board

I posted this a couple weeks ago but I dare say that over 95% of cheeseycow's posts are related to mizzou. He adds nothing to this board that is billiken related.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this a couple weeks ago but I dare say that over 95% of cheeseycow's posts are related to mizzou. He adds nothing to this board that is billiken related.

That's a hell of a ratio of posts on someone else's board.

We don't like Mizzou, and Mizzou doesn't like us. I think that should be plainly obvious to anyone.

F Truman, and that's all I have to say about that.

Considering the range of "student athletes" that Missouri can choose from: recruit, take from JUCO's, or transfer in, they have been lousy for the last few years. Missouri had superior athletic talent, fine basketball players out there this year. Top 10 potential at least.

For you newcomers, yes Missouri is a fine academic institution. For real students.

But for football and basketball players in particular, there are coded joke jock courses galore.

"Biology for Non Science Majors" is / was a course at Missouri that was strictly for the football and basketball teams. No one else was admitted.

It was freshman high school level biology. They do not want them all taking PE as the stereotype dumb jock model suggests. And yes there are many, many other courses at Missouri for athletes that frankly should not be in college. No way. I do not want to go any further but I know a person directly involved. Directly.

Sure, SLU makes sure some borderline basketball players take a comfortable schedule and assist them with plenty of tutoring, but nothing even remotely close to what is going on at Mizzou-Mizzou.

Their offense this year... nobody knows what they were supposedly doing. Of course, they hardly knew each other, coming from all over the place.

So don't say Missouri has done well... with the athletes Missouri had this year, RM would have gone to the Elite 8 or better. But they are not students. They play basketball for Missouri. But they are not students.

(Again, Anderson is a good guy and decent coach but he is now labeled "D-2" and is a plug to buy time... Missouri will have 3 or so mediocre years ahead).

Can you elaborate?

First off they were still recognized as the second best program in their conference. They were in a better basketball conference. It hadn't been 20 years since they won a conference title. The number of quality coaches interested in the job was a lot higher.

First off they were still recognized as the second best program in their conference. They were in a better basketball conference. It hadn't been 20 years since they won a conference title. The number of quality coaches interested in the job was a lot higher.

Quin left in 06. OK State made the Final Fur in 05. Mizzou hadnt made the tourney since 03. Oklahoma had been to the Final Four in 02 beating Mizzou in the Elite 9. I dont think anyone considered them 2nd best in the conference.

Quin left in 06. OK State made the Final Fur in 05. Mizzou hadnt made the tourney since 03. Oklahoma had been to the Final Four in 02 beating Mizzou in the Elite 9. I dont think anyone considered them 2nd best in the conference.

So I assume you think Butler is the best program in the Big East.

After awhile this Mizzery v SLU gets old. They're always going to disrespect us and we're always going to despise them. I think for us SLU fans is just to ignore them. They are what they are; a figment of their own imagination.

After awhile this Mizzery v SLU gets old. They're always going to disrespect us and we're always going to despise them. I think for us SLU fans is just to ignore them. They are what they are; a figment of their own imagination.

+100

It's Mizzou and you Mizzou apologists' delusions of grandeur. This thread is not about Duke.

You lost to Norfolk State of the MEAC.

Period.

You also greatly damaged your Basketball Program by leaving the much stronger Big XII for the much weaker SEC, a league that garnered only 3 NCAA Tournament teams from a 14 team league, a very poor showing. You abandoned your longstanding conference partners of over a century, and are now pleading, begging to play Kansas. Why should Kansas play MU? What does Kansas Hoops have to gain? Nothing. Kansas leads that all-time series 172-95.

If Bill Self really wanted to stick it to MU, he would schedule SLU home and home ...

It is truly astounding the warped opinion you Mizzou apologists have of your program. It has been a mess for a long time, an embarrassing mess.

This being said, the hire of Kim Anderson was a start in the right direction. He should have been hired long ago, and clearly was the best available choice this time. He may well be the coach to put the Missouri back into Mizzou.

An embarrassing mess? We made 5 NCAA tournaments in a row until last year and last year won 23 games and narrowly missed the NCAA. We've made 2 elite eights since 2000. Not exactly Duke material but some schools, like SLU, have never made the elite 8. Oh, and our APR is better to boot.

It's astounding how warped your opinion is. You're describing Mizzou basketball like it's still in the end of the Quin era. It's not anymore.

Leaving the Big 12 had nothing to do with Basketball, no one is "begging" to play kansas, and overall the move continues to prove to be a wildly successful one. Sure Mizzou fans would love to play Kansas in both football and basketball but we're not exactly crying over it. I know that for SLU the college sports landscape begins and ends with basketball but for most schools it begins and ends with football.

I know you hate Mizzou. I get it. Pretending we're in way worse shape than we are is what's ridiculous. We're one year removed from a run of 5 straight tournament appearances. That's embarassing?

kansas and SLU playing a home and home wouldn't stick it to Mizzou, by the way.

Agreed, but even Quin took Missouri to the elite 8.

Curious - what would be the proper respect?

An embarrassing mess? We made 5 NCAA tournaments in a row until last year and last year won 23 games and narrowly missed the NCAA. We've made 2 elite eights since 2000. Not exactly Duke material but some schools, like SLU, have never made the elite 8. Oh, and our APR is better to boot.

Your points have been refuted.

May you never forget Norfolk State.

23 wins, but how many cupcakes? Do you have any real pride at all in your MU program? Do you accept that non-con schedule of one cupcake after another? Do you accept a 1/2 empty Arena? 23 wins didn't get you in the NCAA. MU was in the NIT (Not In Tournament) where it lost to Southern Miss.

23 SLU wins would get SLU in the Big Dance.

SLU Hoops is now > MU. Deal with it.

You just had a Coach, whom you should have never hired, leave for mid-major Tulsa.

Play the game.

Regression to mean? Proof? You have no evidence or proof.

Play the game.

The proof is coming.

You want to play the game, call Mike Alden.

There will be a basketball game in St. Louis this year with close to 20,000 fans. SLU wont be a part of it.

Your points have been refuted.

May you never forget Norfolk State.

23 wins, but how many cupcakes? Do you have any real pride at all in your MU program? Do you accept that non-con schedule of one cupcake after another? Do you accept a 1/2 empty Arena? 23 wins didn't get you in the NCAA. MU was in the NIT (Not In Tournament) where it lost to Southern Miss.

23 SLU wins would get SLU in the Big Dance.

SLU Hoops is now > MU. Deal with it.

You just had a Coach, whom you should have never hired, leave for mid-major Tulsa.

Play the game.

SLU is and never will be greater than MU - and you know it.

There will be a college basketball game played in St. Louis this year with close to 20,000 fans, and it wont involve SLU.

SLU is and never will be greater than MU - and you know it.

There will be a college basketball game played in St. Louis this year with close to 20,000 fans, and it wont involve SLU.

Wrong again. SLU > MU and you know it. SLU is coached by Jim Crews, 55-14 at SLU, and has had 3 straight NCAA Tournament appearances. SLU has retaken St. Louis as the real hometown team- and you know it.

MU is coming from the failed Frank Haith Regime, hired in desperate fashion, an ignominious and historic NCAA Tournament loss 3 seasons ago to #15 seed Norfolk State, an offense that itself was offensive, and last season's NIT Not In Tournament home loss to Southern Miss of the greatly watered down C-USA. Plus, MU moved from the stronger Big XII, where it was traditionally unable to defeat Kansas, to the clearly hoops weaker SEC.

As for point 2, half that crowd is dressed in orange and blue. And frankly, we could care less. It's past time for MU to drop that silly crutch. Playing 2 games in the state's most populous metropolitan area would not be a burden. There was a time the SLU-MU game was an annual event. The all-time series stands 21-19 MU, and that's with MU winning 4 of the last 5, 3 of those 4 wins being very close games. SLU once led this series 18-17. This is hardly the "domination" that MU apologists like to spin. That record would be different had MU not chickened out on playing the game.

Thus, Duck Season continues in perpetuity in Boone County, Missouri, joined by the annual non-conference Bake Sale of assorted cupcakes. But even the Bake Sale didn't get the Tiggers into the NCAA Tournament in '14, as the Committee saw through the Haith facade.

Kansas will play in Kansas City, and the game will not involve Mizzou.

Now go and access Tigerboard where you belong.