Nominee: worst post of the year

I would happily give up the highlight of the year for a spot in the sweet sixteen. I am pretty sure that was the thinking of everyone advocating resting two players widely believed to be playing with injuries.

The ultimate highlight of yesterday's game might not be the win. It might be the fact the Evans was playing with some bounce to his game for the first time in several games. That matters more heading into the tournament than any win pre NCAA.

+1.

All the toughness talk makes me want to gag. Give me a team full of guys wearing pink tutus if they make it past the first weekend of the tournament.

I don't doubt those two guys are touch, but it doesn't mean a thing if they get bounced early again.

I would happily give up the highlight of the year for a spot in the sweet sixteen. I am pretty sure that was the thinking of everyone advocating resting two players widely believed to be playing with injuries.

The ultimate highlight of yesterday's game might not be the win. It might be the fact the Evans was playing with some bounce to his game for the first time in several games. That matters more heading into the tournament than any win pre NCAA.

Too bad your post is completely illogical and uninformed. IF the two players were injured then resting them doesn't guarantee a spot in the Sweet 16 but it pretty much guarantees a loss and a worse seeding thus making the Sweet 16 harder to attain. Also it pretty much guaranteed a share of the A10 title not sole Champs.

Also the "bounce" in Evans step undermines the assumption that he was injured.

Furthermore, the team has about 5 days off now to rest before the next game. I could just foresee all these B-ball gurus bemoaning a 1st round loss if we rested DE and JJ because they were rusty. Many of you internet geniuses love to have it both ways.

Too bad your post is completely illogical and uninformed. IF the two players were injured then resting them doesn't guarantee a spot in the Sweet 16 but it pretty much guarantees a loss and a worse seeding thus making the Sweet 16 harder to attain. Also it pretty much guaranteed a share of the A10 title not sole Champs.

Also the "bounce" in Evans step undermines the assumption that he was injured.

Furthermore, the team has about 5 days off now to rest before the next game. I could just foresee all these B-ball gurus bemoaning a 1st round loss if we rested DE and JJ because they were rusty. Many of you internet geniuses love to have it both ways.

What to you mean by love to have it both ways? I am not bitching about them playing. In the GDT I said I was glad Crews didn't sit them.

Going into to the game based on what I saw on the court I thought it would probably be a good idea to sit them. That was said based on what I saw and not medical reports. I was wrong.

Crews made the right call and nobody is claiming he didn't.

Calling out people for wanting to get players healthy for the worst post of the year is foolish. Almost as foolish as people posting after the Dayton game that the team had quit.

Give it up already. Your act is growing tiresome.

I am delighted we won the game yesterday as well as the A10 championship. It is not an issue now whether Jett and Evans were injured at the time of the game yesterday, they did perform well and we won. The next 5 days of rest until Friday, together with physical therapy and practice, should be very good to both Jett and Evans. However they will have to face daily play for up to 3 days until the end of the A10 tournament, and then soon thereafter lots of more play in rapid succession at the NCAA tournament. I do hope these 5 rest days coming next will be wonderful for both of them and that they will be in shape for the grueling level of play that will follow. I am looking forward to McCall, Manning, and Grandy doing very well in the tournaments and carrying their weight. Let's think positive and support the team, it will be very tough on them once the daily play starts.

Give it up already. Your act is growing tiresome.

Screw you. You go and attack me after suggesting you were overreacting after a loss. You claimed the team pissed away the season in a fit of emotion after one loss and then said they quit in another fit of emotion after another loss. It was Metz like.

The season hasn't been pissed away and the team hasn't quit. They are conference champs, ranked, and headed to Brooklyn on an emotional high note. Ultimately this team will be judge on what they do in the tournament.

Don't ever compare me to Metz.

What about my reaction was wrong? SLU was staring down a 3-seed before that losing streak. There are major problems in the offense that still need to be fixed. The defense still has lapses that we didn't see earlier in the season. Evans and Jett look better, but are they healthy enough for three straight games this weekend, and thereafter? Those are some real concerns and a close road win doesn't answer all of them.

I'm 100% correct that SLU failed to close out numerous games in the A10 season, which eventually cost them three games. Offensive problems were exposed when the defense failed to get stops against Duquesne, VCU, and Dayton for long periods in the second half. The three-point and free throw shooting can only be so poor before it results in losses.

I can't lie to myself and wear rose-tinted glasses all the time. If that helps you sleep at night, so be it. But I never want to lose the ability to assess a game or team critically.

I don't agree with you on the sitting of players or your logic but Pistol did over react. I'm not sure he should be allowed to use the Pitbull Avatar because he was probably stopping the party. I on the other hand Did not Stop the Party and it is continuing as I type this one handed with a Woodford Reserve Manhattan in my off hand. That's how I keep the party going.

Screw you. You go and attack me after suggesting you were overreacting after a loss. You claimed the team pissed away the season in a fit of emotion after one loss and then said they quit in another fit of emotion after another loss. It was Metz like.

The season hasn't been pissed away and the team hasn't quit. They are conference champs, ranked, and headed to Brooklyn on an emotional high note. Ultimately this team will be judge on what they do in the tournament.

What about my reaction was wrong? SLU was staring down a 3-seed before that losing streak. There are major problems in the offense that still need to be fixed. The defense still has lapses that we didn't see earlier in the season. Evans and Jett look better, but are they healthy enough for three straight games this weekend, and thereafter? Those are some real concerns and a close road win doesn't answer all of them.

I'm 100% correct that SLU failed to close out numerous games in the A10 season, which eventually cost them three games. Offensive problems were exposed when the defense failed to get stops against Duquesne, VCU, and Dayton for long periods in the second half. The three-point and free throw shooting can only be so poor before it results in losses.

I can't lie to myself and wear rose-tinted glasses all the time. If that helps you sleep at night, so be it. But I never want to lose the ability to assess a game or team critically.

Yes they have struggled offensively all year and that hasnt been a recent development. They have had some defensive lapses, like all teams, most likely due to fatigue. To say this team quit and that you werent going to waste your money on tournament games is a joke if you ask me and a slap in the face to the players on the court.

Oy. Getting ganged up on now. I guess I should pull a Roy and take a break.

For the record, I qualified my statements with things like "If this continues" and "right now" and so forth. I didn't say they didn't have the ability to turn it around, nor did I throw away my fan card, nor did I say they pissed away the season - just those individual games, and their 3-seed.

Don't understand why I was singled out, but I accept my timeout.

For the record, I qualified my statements with things like "If this continues" and "right now" and so forth. I didn't say they didn't have the ability to turn it around, nor did I throw away my fan card, nor did I say they pissed away the season - just those individual games, and their 3-seed.

I'm holding you to a higher standard. You chose the Pitbull Avatar so that means you chose the "Don't stop the party" dogma. Once again this post is about stopping the party.

Sure there are questions about this team and they failed to close out several games. I have said multiple times the team was overrated by many people before the three straight losses. The offense has sucked all year and that means the team has little margin for error.

None of that means the team quit or pissed away the season.

I will continue to compare you to Metz, when you completely overreact to a loss like Metz. You weren't assessing the team. You were in complete meltdown mode.

Sure there are questions about this team and they failed to close out several games. I have said multiple times the team was overrated by many people before the three straight losses. The offense has sucked all year and that means the team has little margin for error.

None of that means the team quit or pissed away the season.

I will continue to compare you to Metz, when you completely overreact to a loss like Metz. You weren't assessing the team. You were in complete meltdown mode.

Now that's just silly and you are trying to be hurtful.

Come on man, you're better than that. Don't pull a roy and take your ball and go home. We need you for the recruiting updates and more importantly the Pitbull. Until you get arrested for making Twitter threats, you can not be compared to Metz.

Would everyone stop being a bunch of next tuesdays and enjoy the end of this season.

No . We just won our second straight conference championship and are about to go to the tourney for the third straight year for the first time in the history of this program. Enjoy it! Pistol is one of the best posters on this board and he made a bad post while being pissed off. We all have bad posts, it happens.

I also think Brian had a point regarding the additional rest for Jett and Evans. And based on the minutes played, Crews at least partially agreed. Only one player - Jett - had more than 30 minutes yesterday (32 minutes). Grandy, Lancona, and Manning all played substantial minutes. If we're gonna play 3 games in 3 days, we will probably need to do even more of that.

hate to say I told you so: but I called it before the game, look it up. I knew it was wrong on many levels then. It is not "hindsight." Plus: I knew it would not happen anyway; and I stated it on this board. these guys, and the coach, are warriors. toughness counts for something.

o yeah, to repeat: it's a terrible post because doing it would have robbed us all of the highlight of the season, so far.

ps: I've always been fond of the qualifier, "hate to say I told you so," since obviously anyone who says it secretly LOVES saying it. I know I do!

this thread is TURRIBLE. I was listening to the game on the radio, and when Rammer said Jett went down hard, was limping around, implying that he re-aggravated his knee injury before being taken out.. I near lost my mind. If we lost him before the dance I'd be (overreacting and) calling for Crews' job. It is 100% "hindsight".

Great win, yes, but as others said... S16 or bust.

slu72... I love ya man, but I gotta nominate one of your posts for worst of the year. In the UMass game thread, you wrote, "We didn't look this bad when Brad was HC." I know there is a lot of hyberbole on message boards, but come on man. Need I remind you that in the 2004-05 season Sodie had losses to East Carolina, Austin Peay, Oral Roberts... and got blown out at home by SEMO. Mother F-in SEMO!!! OK, I feel better now.

Remembering the bad times helps you appreciate the good times a little more.