St. Joe's Sell-Out

Taj79

Stub hub currently shows only 21 tickets left for Wednesday night's game. Could be another "super bowl" game for one of our opponents. Get used to it and the bull's eye.

On the competition side, La Salle has to go to Umass that night (some 4 and 3 team will lose) and I suspect Mason will get it's first win ---- hosting Dayton.

Stub hub currently shows only 21 tickets left for Wednesday night's game. Could be another "super bowl" game for one of our opponents. Get used to it and the bull's eye.

On the competition side, La Salle has to go to Umass that night (some 4 and 3 team will lose) and I suspect Mason will get it's first win ---- hosting Dayton.

UMass ( A ) by 10 1/2 over LaS ( B ).....UMass will be mad and LaS will have trouble keeping up

Day (B+ ) by 3 1/2 over GM ( C+ )....Dayton is still a good team....If GM plays like they did against us they could pull it out....but it seems unlikely they will have back to back season best games.

I don't know the answer to that question. However, when you go to the offical St. Joe's web page and try to purchase tickets, you are redirected to a site called "Vivid Seats." Here, they show 17 tickets available but they are in four completely different sections of Hagan Arena thna the ones listed on StubHub. So you may be correct in the assumption that StubHub is resale. However, the official site has 17 vacant seats total.

How many seats are there at St Joe?

From the sjuhawks.com website:

"A new era of Saint Joseph's basketball began in 2009-10, with the opening of the Michael J. Hagan '85 Arena. The culmination of a 16-month project of the expansion and renovation of Alumni Memorial Fieldhouse Hagan Arena has a capacity of 4,200, which is an increase of 1,000 from the Fieldhouse. It has many more amenities to enhance the Saint Joseph's fan experience, while providing the basketball program with a top-notch facility which preserves the homecourt advantage enjoyed for so many years at Alumni Memorial Fieldhouse."

The newly renovated Hagan Arena seats 4,200 people -- 1,000 more than the previous capacity. It's a pit in the common definition of small, East Coast band box gyms. It has it's necessary duct work and the renovations make it better than the Gola Masoleum over at La Salle but not by much. It ranks up there with other gems like Palumbo, Rose Hill Gym, and the aforementioned Gola.

If I had to rank the places to play in the A10, outside of Chaifetz, I'd go this way: the Dayton Arena, Richmond's new Robbins Center, Mason's Patriot Center, Rhode's Ryan Center, Umass' Mullins Center, VCU's Siegel Center, GeeDub's Smith Center, Bonaventure's Reilly Center, Hagan, Gola, Rose Hill and lastly Duquesne's Palumbo. That is likely based just on modern ammenitites and the like.

Hawk fan here. If you've ever taken a detour to the A10 boards, you've probably seen me around ripping apart Phil Martelli and the Saint Joseph's Hawks. Not here to do that now, though.

About tickets:

Last I heard, our game on Wednesday and the game Saturday against VCU have had limited availability since early December when I first inquired. I know VCU is officially sold out and isn't even SRO. I did go ahead and looked at the individual seat viewer and it looks like a whole lot of tickets are left for this game on Wednesday. If you're still looking for tickets, go here.

While I want those seats filled with SJU fans, there's no such guarantee of that happening. I haven't tried to check out with any tickets, so I'm not sure if there will be any errors further along in the process, but according to that link, seats are still available.

Hope that helps, and I hope you lose, however unlikely that is.

I went to the game back in 2012. I think I passed by Bizziken and I know I met tarheel. We sat near the top of section 218. We romped back then. While I do not recall touring the entire facility, there really isn't a bad seat in this smallish house. I don't recall paying $25 for such a seat but so be it.

I've got to believe Hawks fans will be there. They are "hot" right now and we will be a top 15 program coming to town.

No bad seats except for a row or two at the top of the one baseline.

Ticket prices have been $25/$35 since opening in 09.

It is definitely a small place. Very much a snake pit. Part of its charm, I'd think. Hopefully it's as loud and raucous as it was Saturday against UMass. If anyone is visiting, I suggest Landmark for food and drink. It's right across the street from the arena. Nothing spectacular or wowing, but it's a good little chain bar. Do get there early, though. Otherwise you'll have trouble making your way to the bar, let alone a table.

7 games a loser, 7 years since a win. No season to think it'll change now.

I heard a lot of disgruntled SJ Hawks fans leaving that night two years ago ... along the lines of "same ol' Phil, same ol' offense. It worked for Jameer and Delonte, problem is we don't have them any more." Is Phil, the dean of A10 coaches, long for Hawk Hill?

That line has been uttered many times since, too. Most people are tired of paying $35/game to watch uninspired, crappy basketball and get to the NIT, where they can then pay $35 to watch a home NIT clunker.

I'd say this season is shaping up to be different, but I firmly believe it's all smoke and mirrors. We have a bunch of wins that don't mean much of anything, really.

We beat up on Binghamton. Go Hawks.

It's also seriously unsettling when fans are admonished for wanting more, that they should be grateful for an NIT appearance and a first-round home loss. It pisses people off and rightly so, as they fund 1 million+ dollars in coaches salaries and $30 million for arena, practice facility, and office upgrades. To expect more because of that isn't outlandish, I don't think.

But winning cures all. If we manage to beat SLU on Wednesday (impossible) and VCU on Saturday (near impossible), people won't care. They just want to win and not continue to spin in the mud as literally everyone but Fordham and Duquesne passes us by.

I heard a lot of disgruntled SJ Hawks fans leaving that night two years ago ... along the lines of "same ol' Phil, same ol' offense. It worked for Jameer and Delonte, problem is we don't have them any more." Is Phil, the dean of A10 coaches, long for Hawk Hill?

SJU is 55 in the rpi now after their win over UMass. They are not bad. This will be a very tough road game. I would be happy to win two out of our next three.

There were a good number of seats available through the school's website. I felt a little bit cheated spending $25/ticket for baseline seats, especially since I got my tickets for the LaSalle game first for just $15 apiece. Still more than worth it to see the Bills play.

There were a good number of seats available through the school's website. I felt a little bit cheated spending $25/ticket for baseline seats, especially since I got my tickets for the LaSalle game first for just $15 apiece. Still more than worth it to see the Bills play.

I'm not saying Hagan is a palace, but Gola sure isn't.

Trust me, you'd feel a whole more than cheated if you paid $25 or $35/ticket/game.

Do you live in the area or in town for the game? We Hawk fans are more than happy to offer suggestions over on our board.

I'm not saying Hagan is a palace, but Gola sure isn't.

Trust me, you'd feel a whole more than cheated if you paid $25 or $35/ticket/game.

Do you live in the area or in town for the game? We Hawk fans are more than happy to offer suggestions over on our board.

Headed in from NYC, and staying with a friend. I think we have things pretty well figured out, but I will certainly pop over there if that turns out not to be the case. Thanks for the offer!

I'm hoping the guys don't get stranded in Philly due to weather. Snowing pretty hard there this morning w/ more expected during the week.

TAJ, I sat next to you for that game. Cody was on fire hitting 3s for that game.

The seats we had were not great, behind the basket up above the ceiling. Had to kind crouch down to see the whole court. Liked the LaSalle seats better, behind the SLU bench. That game was like this one, the following Saturday afternoon.

4 years ago, if folks recall the team got stuck in Philly with a snow storm. Rick was livid and went on this tirade about the players missing class. They did have the games and we beat both LaSalle and St Joe's that year also.

The seats we had were not great, behind the basket up above the ceiling. Had to kind crouch down to see the whole court. Liked the LaSalle seats better, behind the SLU bench. That game was like this one, the following Saturday afternoon.

Those seats at Hagan are by far the worst ones you can get. Incredibly uncomfortable and annoying, yes, but every other seat in the place is quite good.

Does anyone know what the SLU travel plans are like?

Those seats at Hagan are by far the worst ones you can get. Incredibly uncomfortable and annoying, yes, but every other seat in the place is quite good.

Does anyone know what the SLU travel plans are like?

SjHawk, those are tickets we get from our Alum office. Some are good and some are bad.

I have gotten tickets from the Alum office for Charlotte. It was even worse, behind the basket, last row of the Halton. Players looked like peanuts. Only did that one year, all the other years the team played in Charlotte got better deals from the scalpers in front of the Halton Arena.

Wonder where we put visiting fans? I been to Dayton games at home and you see the red sweater vest all over.

SJU is 55 in the rpi now after their win over UMass. They are not bad. This will be a very tough road game. I would be happy to win two out of our next three.

I agree. We all want to be greedy but given that we are about a 60-65% favorite in each of the next three games, 2 of 3 would be just fine. Especially if VCU is one of the wins, it will put us in the drivers seat for the A-10 championship and keep us solidly in the top 20. If somebody offered me that deal right now, I'd take it.