Whitney Young on ESPN2 Jan. 4th

BLIKNS

Today is the game .See the Dolphins play Prime Prep out of Texas. this could be the school Deon Sanders help start up.

You obviously cannot read too much into a single high school game, but I saw more of a role player rather than a future star. I thought he had a good handle and passing and average shooting and athleticism (for a high major D1 guard). He appeared to have a good game IQ and played under control. He isn't very strong and doesn't play up at the rim; he seemed to be at a lower overall level than his two D1 teammates. Dont't shoot the messanger; I am just writing what I observed in less than 40 minutes of basketball on TV.

You obviously cannot read too much into a single high school game, but I saw more of a role player rather than a future star. I thought he had a good handle and passing and average shooting and athleticism (for a high major D1 guard). He appeared to have a good game IQ and played under control. He isn't very strong and doesn't play up at the rim; he seemed to be at a lower overall level than his two D1 teammates. Dont't shoot the messanger; I am just writing what I observed in less than 40 minutes of basketball on TV.

Did you watch the last game against Apple Valley? Just curious

You obviously cannot read too much into a single high school game, but I saw more of a role player rather than a future star. I thought he had a good handle and passing and average shooting and athleticism (for a high major D1 guard). He appeared to have a good game IQ and played under control. He isn't very strong and doesn't play up at the rim; he seemed to be at a lower overall level than his two D1 teammates. Dont't shoot the messanger; I am just writing what I observed in less than 40 minutes of basketball on TV.i watch

I watched the game on tape and I agree with your analysis based upon watching the first half. But his two teammates are the first and 60th players in the rankings and the players on the other team were some of the best hs guards in the nation. However, in the second half, and particularly down the stretch, he played much better with a lot of intensity and he made some key plays in the comeback from 17 points down. They won the game against a team with great talent and huge guards. I really like how poised Miles is overall and he seems to be a very smart player with good fundamentals. It will be interesting to see how he develops. On the WY team he is never the much more than the 3rd or 4th option.