OT-Mega Millions

The Wiz

Since many are buying tix today, I thought it would be interesting to look at the chances of winning. As a numbers guy, this is not OT for me.

The concept of hundreds of million to 1 is a hard concept to grasp. Your Aunt Mildred will tell you it is like getting hit by lightning (actually much easier to get hit by lightning) Meanwhile, your Aunt Bertha (holding 20 tix in her hand) says, "Someone has to win"

So what to do....who to believe.

Let's play poker

We will play 2 hands of 5 card stud. (means no draw for the non players)

1sr hand ....you have 4 of a kind....you collect your pot , toss the cards in and play again.

2nd hand....you get a straight flush . You collect your winnings and leave the table....You have just done the equivalent of winning Mega Millions . For the other numbers people out there , this isn't exactly a match but close enough. Chances of winning the lotto are slightly better but who is counting at this point.

Not into cards.....Let's try craps

You will have 6 rolls of the dice

All you have to do is roll 5 consecutive 12's ...We will make it easier on the 6th roll ....you can do 11 or 12. Not too bad. I am sure Aunt Bertha could do it

So if you have done either of the 2 events above....run to the nearest quick shop and buy a ticket. It's looking good for you.

Oh, btw, if you do win, PM me ...I can help you with that too. ( I actually have had some clients win the lottery....mini jackpots).

One last note, if you don't win the big one...still check the numbers...some of the "losers" can be worth $1 million.

Good luck

I just bought 259 million unique tickets. Plan to triple my investment

But you have to split it with the little old lady that bought her first ever lottery ticket!

I look at it this way. How many chances do I have to retire in total comfort? Not very many. Founding Apple/Microsoft/whatever have already been done, so they're not going to happen for me. So buying the ticket is such a game changer, that it is worth the risk. However, usually I am too out of the loop to make it to the gas station.

Nice.

All it takes to get 3 top 10 talents is a tractor, a house and a job for mom, and a duffel bag of cash.

That will still leave you about 499,000,000 to play with.

I might decide to buy Whitney Young new facilities for future consideration while im at it