What is going on with Cameron Biedscheid?

brianstl

Cam really would be a perfect fit for this team looking forward a couple years. We have all of our PFs (TL and RA) our centers (AG, BJ) and plenty of guards. What we don't have is a kick as small forward and that is what he is.

Agreed. We've recruited a bunch of bigs and 1/2 guards, but no one that really fits into the small forward role that will be vacated by Dwayne. Cam would be a very different style 3 than Dwayne, but could be very successful nonetheless.

Another reason Cam fits is that he is a great shooter and none of the 1/2 guards we have in the 2014 class have been billed as pure shooters.

This seems like an ideal fit in both directions.

For CB, he can come home, be close to his family and friends, and focus on training here year-round. Stability and a strong network, not to mention year-round access to the same facilities and resources, can help a guy who has a long-term goal of the NBA.

For SLU, we'd fill the last scholarship for the class without having 6 players in the same year of eligibility. Spreading out the classes would be huge for us. We'd also gain that elusive wing, and a guy whose length could be big on the defensive end. In the second half of next season, we could see a McBroom-Yacoubou-Biedscheid lineup at the 1-2-3 with Lancona, Agbeko, Glaze, and Manning splitting time down low. We'd also have a lot of freshmen with a chance to contribute. With that lineup, I don't think the drop-off would be as significant as feared after losing this big 5-man senior class.

On paper, it's a better fit in both directions than Mizzou would be (Mizzou has an incoming freshman named Jakeenan Gant that has a similar build, style, and position). But there are obviously other factors that will be at play. Let's hope he chooses to stay home. This would be a huge get for us.

On paper, it's a better fit in both directions than Mizzou would be (Mizzou has an incoming freshman named Jakeenan Gant that has a similar build, style, and position). But there are obviously other factors that will be at play. Let's hope he chooses to stay home. This would be a huge get for us.

The problem is that on paper you could make a pretty good case for Mizzou as well. They could be losing their entire starting backcourt (Ross is a senior and Clarkson and Brown are both rumored to be gone after this season. I'm not saying this is a good decision by these two just passing along what I've heard from multiple good Mizzou sources). Mizzou had a scholarship open up, conveniently, a few weeks ago.

They also are having a good season and play a very up tempo system, which all recruits are convinced they want to play in.

I truly think the best call for the kid would be SLU but just playing a little devils advocate for why it may not be so clear cut.

It's really quite simple... if the kid wants to be cool and really awesome, he comes home to play for SLU.

If he wants to be a tool and just another gyspsy in Haith's revolving circus of misfits, he goes to SPUMAC.

Agree with what others have said... he would seem to be a perfect fit on our roster. We will have a gaping hole at the 3 next year after DE graduates. AM, AY and CB at the 1-2-3 could be quite dynamic, with the three freshmen all fighting for playing time.

Bweix was also three days early with the redshirt news.

I don't think Bweix knows a lot but he clearly has an in with the family.

So Ben was told that Cameron is transferring by someone close to him, but he has not made that decision at this point? This sounds very similar to the situation in the summer.

It is sounding like those close to him want him out of ND and playing closer to home, but that he does not know what he wants.

So Ben was told that Cameron is transferring by someone close to him, but he has not made that decision at this point? This sounds very similar to the situation in the summer.

It is sounding like those close to him want him out of ND and playing closer to home, but that he does not know what he wants.

I don't know what's going on.

All I was saying is that for this particular situation, I would trust Bweix more.

I don't know what's going on.

All I was saying is that for this particular situation, I would trust Bweix more.

Yeah, but Ben got out of Dodge on a plane............

I seem to remember SLU fans not being too enamored with TL, especially his senior year. Am I wrong about that?

His senior year did he not come late for practice because he was getting his hair done

And did he not finish school?

Up until his behavior changed he was loved by everyone