Did Crews imply

GOSLU68

sry no one replied to your post man, that sucks-

now as for your question, I am not sure if he implied that or not, was it during a press conference or something

also, do you by any chance know how many posts you need to be awarded a "listener of the streets" is it 1,000?

Thanks,

KMed

now as for your question, I am not sure if he implied that or not, was it during a press conference or something

also, do you by any chance know how many posts you need to be awarded a "listener of the streets" is it 1,000?

Thanks,

KMed

The old Boys Club meets on these things a few times a year. It kind of works like congress. If you want something, you'll need to show up at the next meeting with gifts or at least pick up the tab. Don't say anything to anyone else, but I'll let you know when we meet next time. Remember, keep that to yourself as I don't just tell anyone.

I think you can call yourself that if you want anytime - kind of doesn't mean anything. What JC was implying - who knows but it has actually been kind of true in some games. Last year's squad would have had the dagger in WSU heart.

Incorrect. It's "status" awarded after a certain number of posts.

Thanks,

KMed

You can also become a Listener by acquiring 10 Warning Points. I'd start working on that right away if I were you.

You can also become a Listener by acquiring 10 Warning Points. I'd start working on that right away if I were you.

Don't listen to him. "Listener of the streets" is not the same thing as "Hit the streets"!

That may be the truth but he could still call himself that when ever he wants. Nobody is going to exile him from posting.

I don't believe that's correct. Posters can't just elevate their status beyond "junior" or "senior" (or whatever) to "listener of the streets" or "I have reached billiken_roy levels of posting" whenever they want to. They have to reach the requisite number of posts or have Steve give them a custom "status."

I'm getting a little tired of hearing how last season's missteps were more forgivable than this year's. Yeah, Mitchell was hurt and Majerus was dying when we lost to Kansas and Santa Clara last season, but what was the excuse for Rhode Island? Mitchell and Ellis, the vaunted leaders and floor generals everybody misses so much, both shot the lights out that night and we STILL lost to a terrible team at home. Losing to top 10 teams like Wisconsin Wichita State is nowhere near the turd that game was.

I'm not saying there aren't reasons for concern, but there is no reason to conclude this team can't end up as good as or better than last year's. I don't mean to minimize how terrific the run late last season was, but my point is if they can survive Rhode Island they can sure as hell survive a couple of close non-conference games in November.

I'm getting a little tired of hearing how last season's missteps were more forgivable than this year's. Yeah, Mitchell was hurt and Majerus was dying when we lost to Kansas and Santa Clara last season, but what was the excuse for Rhode Island? Mitchell and Ellis, the vaunted leaders and floor generals everybody misses so much, both shot the lights out that night and we STILL lost to a terrible team at home. Losing to top 10 teams like Wisconsin Wichita State is nowhere near the turd that game was.

I'm not saying there aren't reasons for concern, but there is no reason to conclude this team can't end up as good as or better than last year's. I don't mean to minimize how terrific the run late last season was, but my point is if they can survive Rhode Island they can sure as hell survive a couple of close non-conference games in November.

I agree but I'm also tired of hearing how this is what happened last year so there's no reason to think it won't happen again this year. This is not the same team as last year and between Butler x3 VCU x2 and New Mexico, we were able to get 6 top 25 wins despite our slow start. That doesn't seem like it's going to happen again this season.

I agree but I'm also tired of hearing how this is what happened last year so there's no reason to think it won't happen again this year. This is not the same team as last year and between Butler x3 VCU x2 and New Mexico, we were able to get 6 top 25 wins despite our slow start. That doesn't seem like it's going to happen again this season.

VCU x2, Dayton x2, UMass.....?

Is there ever a home loss that's "good?" Unless you go unbeaten at home all season long, you're going to have at least one game like Wichita State. The bigger concern should be avoiding any Rhodeys at home this year. Those are the kinds of games that should be truly (almost) unforgivable. I say almost because of what happened last year after that point.

Is there ever a home loss that's "good?" Unless you go unbeaten at home all season long, you're going to have at least one game like Wichita State. The bigger concern should be avoiding any Rhodeys at home this year. Those are the kinds of games that should be truly (almost) unforgivable. I say almost because of what happened last year after that point.

My expectation is, If a team is good, they should pretty much NEVER lose at home.

My expectation is, If a team is good, they should pretty much NEVER lose at home.

This is silly.

Nevertheless, I think the bills are ranked in the 50-75 area. To this point, our ceiling isn't as high as last year, but our floor isn't as low. No big wins, no unexpected losses.

Both Wisconsin and WSU were winnable games. Losing them is not that much of a shocker (sorry.) What has me concerned is the transition away from Majerus ball to.....what....we don't know. Our offense looked bad often under Majerus but we knew the man was a master and his ideas were sound. When Crews' team looks to be fumbling around and trip after trip down the floor we have Jake and JJ driving into no where and jacking up a block shot, it's not shocking to have fans looking at Crews on the sideline and think "What the F@#$@ Jimmy?"

I'm still inclined to blame our seniors for the inconsistant shooting and poor play and losses but if more losses pile up, I reserve the right to throw our national coach of the year under the bus.....

No, it's not. If we think that this is a good to very good team, then there is no way you can justify a home loss to anyone.

Yeah, Louisville losing to Syracuse at home last year really made a big difference when they were cutting down the nets.