Bills and Wisc even

The Wiz

What scares me most is UW goes into a zone and we turn stone cold from the perimeter. Big game from JB, MM, and AM will be needed.

Does Wisconsin ever play zone? I'm not that familiar with them, but based on my limited knowledge they play mostly man to man defense. I'm not sure we need to worry about a zone.

My irrational fear is that all of these cupcake schools we have been playing have been using a zone against us and now a team playing man to man will throw us off.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Wisconsin ever play zone? I'm not that familiar with them, but based on my limited knowledge they play mostly man to man defense. I'm not sure we need to worry about a zone.

My irrational fear is that all of these cupcake schools we have been playing have been using a zone against us and now a team playing man to man will throw us off.

It has been my understanding that Wisconsin and SLU play very similar styles, including man to man defense. So is it an advantage or disadvantage to play a team with a similar style?

It has been my understanding that Wisconsin and SLU play very similar styles, including man to man defense. So is it an advantage or disadvantage to play a team with a similar style?

I don't really think it is an advantage or a disadvantage. If there was any advantage, it would work both ways.

SLU has former Badger Tanner Bronson as an assistant coach to help game plan. Hopefully, this gives SLU the upper hand.

I don't really think it is an advantage or a disadvantage. If there was any advantage, it would work both ways.

SLU has former Badger Tanner Bronson as an assistant coach to help game plan. Hopefully, this gives SLU the upper hand.

And this advantage:

ba62ddcfde751829fa382a9bb9c88ba7.jpeg

Wisconsin never plays zone. The most recent time a Badger team played a single possession of zone would be when Soderberg was our coach, or earlier.

I'm not convinced having Tanner as an assistant is going to be very helpful since Wisconsin's offense has changed quite a bit since he was a player under Ryan, and although the core concepts of the defense are always the same, how they play screens (switch, hedge, etc.) changes each season with personnel and the new emphases/rules have changed the aggressiveness of Wisconsin's help defense.

Yeah, Wisconsin just plays a strong man-to-man defense and always has under Ryan.

Dick Bennett pioneered the Pack Defense, a modified man-to-man that some consider a hybrid man/zone defense. Soderberg continues to use that. It gets mistaken for a zone because defenders don't chase off-ball players outside the (invisible) 'pack' line.

Interesting point about Tanner. I hadn't thought of his role in this whole matchup, to be honest. It sure doesn't hurt to have him on our side but I don't think he's a secret weapon for this game or anything like that.

Thanks for not being a troll in your first post. Most opposing fans don't seem to last multiple paragraphs without trolling.

Anyone notice UMASS-LOWELL favored by computers over CINCY? Wow.

on that CBS link

I am guessing the computer has mixed up UMass-Amherst with UMass-Lowell because it is their first year of provisional D-I (and they are an SIU-E quality team). Nice to know that UMass would be favored over a good Cincy team.

Guys you have to swallow the stuff for it to harm you. Tap water ice in Mexico is entirely fine for dealing with a head bump. And by the way, the prior time the Bills were in Mexico for the Cancun tournament, the sickness was not only limited to RM, Rob Loe was pretty sick as well and could not play at least one of the games. Have fun with the ice and the tap water, it is quite fine with me, as long as all the Bills are and remain healthy and capable of playing as well as they can.

Guys you have to swallow the stuff for it to harm you. Tap water ice in Mexico is entirely fine for dealing with a head bump. And by the way, the prior time the Bills were in Mexico for the Cancun tournament, the sickness was not only limited to RM, Rob Loe was pretty sick as well and could not play at least one of the games. Have fun with the ice and the tap water, it is quite fine with me, as long as all the Bills are and remain healthy and capable of playing as well as they can.

This is either Andy Dwyer or Guy Phillips...and one of those two is fictional.

If it gets into your pores watch out.

are-you-sure-hmm.jpg