Could VCU become our biggest "rival"

BLIKNS

Dayton already has X and Cincinnati. Now that X is in the Big east who knows when we`ll play them. Butler sure seemed to have the making of a good rivalry. For the time being it seems VCU really has the potential to be that "game " on the schedule. Could we hear = Rivalry week presented by( fill in the blank), tonight Michigan- Michigan State at 6 followed by Saint Louis -VCU at 8 , then at 10 UCLA- USC.

Who would be VCU`s biggest rival? Richmond? George Mason?

Will Virginia a or Virginia Tech play them ?

Au contraire ---- Dayton THINKS they have X and Cincy but they don't. VCU goes to Virginia this week. VCU and Richmond already played some sort of rivavry game before the A10 for some invented city trophy and while in the CAA, Mason and even James Madison might have been their rivals. VA Tech is inconsequential as far as basketball goes. Other Virginia teams include Bill & Mary and Old Dominion and even Norfolk State.

If the trend stays consistent, the two always good teams in the A10 should be a big game no matter. But rival? No. Our rivals would/could be Mizzou, Creighton, Marquette or Dayton maybe even Carbondale or Edwardsville but a lot of those won't be happening any time soon. I thought at one point SWMO would be more rivalry-ish but they killed that for the most part.

No geographical distance is too great.

Look to UD, Depaul, Marquette, X we have some history with them and intermixing of alumni in all the cities. That uneasy feeling you get in your stomach before the game and after you lose or it turns into sweet sweet justice with a win that is what makes rivalries. Knowing you got to face the fans of that team win or lose and deal with the abuse or watch them eat crow. That's what rivalries are made of. I can't say I've ever met a VCU grad and I'm a real well traveled cat. So no, the game is situationally dependent and how we are picked to finish in the conference.

Who cares if they are ever dubbed our rival?

For the foreseeable future (and I don't wish to bring up that discussion again) the Bills and the Rams (of VCU... There are 3 after all, its so original) are going to be the two heavy weights in this conference.

Each game the Bills and the Rams play will have tournament and probably Top 25 implications. Each game they play will probably be on National TV. Each game will be circled by the respective fan base when the schedule comes out. It feels a lot like a rivalry game, I don't care what you call it.

This year the Rams are looking for revenge and looking to prove they are the gem of the A10, even if they would never admit it publicly. In turn, this year the Bills are looking to prove they are no fluke, they are not scared of the vaunted "HAVOC" and that they are the Kings in Brooklyn, even if they won't say it out loud.

Call it a rivalry, call it a grudge match, call it a helluva basketball game, who cares? Its going to be FUN.

...And the Bills are gonna whoop that a$$... You can call a press whatever you want, its just a press Shaka.

Call it a rivalry or whatever else they want to call it. We will ride their backs to respectability this season. Watched the game against Illinois State and still didn't see the halfcourt game they need to win against us.

To establish a rivalry the other side has to win once in awhile.

I don't know that that's necessarily true. Second, SLU's record against VCU in the last four years — if not all time — is 2-2. VCU won the CBI; SLU won the A-10 Tournament. SLU is 1-1 at home, 0-1 on the road, and 1-0 on a neutral court against VCU.

I don't know that that's necessarily true. Second, SLU's record against VCU in the last four years if not all time is 2-2. VCU won the CBI; SLU won the A-10 Tournament. SLU is 1-1 at home, 0-1 on the road, and 1-0 on a neutral court against VCU.

Commie. Living in the CBI past. Foo foo.

At this time, they're the best we got. So let's make them the rivals Du Jour. And if you have doubts ask yourself this; Don't you just love to hate Shaka and HAVOC?

I like Shaka, always seems like a decent guy; HAVOC is more a mixed bag but it can work with the right personnel. That said, victories of VCU this year will be sweet.

Last year I was watching the A-10 game in a bar and another guy was rooting passionately for SLU--he just hated VCU as he was George Mason grad.

I like Shaka, always seems like a decent guy; HAVOC is more a mixed bag but it can work with the right personnel. That said, victories of VCU this year will be sweet.

Last year I was watching the A-10 game in a bar and another guy was rooting passionately for SLU--he just hated VCU as he was George Mason grad.

I dispute that. Unless you mean "victories over VCU."