Vote for the Billiken: Best Catholic Mascot

bonwich

This is stupid. And I like busted halo a lot.

The main problem here is that they mix up the difference between the mascot of a school and the moniker of the team. Sometimes they are the same, sometimes they are not.

We are the Saint (not "St." that refers to the city at large) Louis Billikens and our mascot is "The Billiken." Notre Dame are called the Fighting Irish and their mascot is "The Leprechaun", Georgetown are The Hoyas and their mascot is a bulldog named Jack.. And a bulldog is one of lamest and most unoriginal mascots in College sports, regardless of The Hoyas unique nickname. Poor form.

The Billiken managed to knock off the Georgetown Bulldog in round one and is now pitted against the Holy Cross Crusader in round 2:

http://bustedhalo.com/blogs/catholic-mascotology-day-2-the-symbolic-16

Again, vote early and often. The Billiken needs our help as he is currently trailing by a decent margin.

The St. Louis Billiken 41.2%

The Holy Cross Crusader 58.8%

We are currently losing by less than 1% of the vote. Some lunatic up there is really voting a lot.

FYI: You can vote multiple times if you use the Incognito feature on Google Crome (ctrl + shift + N). Just copy the url into the incognito brower window, vote, close the window, open a new incognito window, and repeat.

FYI: You can vote multiple times if you use the Incognito feature on Google Crome (ctrl + shift + N). Just copy the url into the incognito brower window, vote, close the window, open a new incognito window, and repeat.

Your probably for buying recruits Escalades too... :P

Did the same thing around midnight. I DEMAND A RECOUNT

So timeline on this thing is something like this:

-12AM Billiken leads 51% to 49%

-approx 6:30AM this tweet is sent out:

Vote again for best Catholic School Mascot. Crusader behind a bit. Tell your friends push him over the top. http://goo.gl/8z6vBL

Granted the Holy Cross Bally account only has 39 followers, so I'm not sure the tweet had much of an effect.

-approx 8:45AM I checked and the "day 2" voting was closed

-approx 10AM the results are announced and the Billiken has lost

Assuming the 6:30ish tweet is correct, then it means the Billiken lost a slim lead somewhere in the last 2 hours of voting. Gut-wrenching loss.