FSM Poll: Which game are you most excited to see played out next season?

RUBillsFan

You think next year's team (2014-15) will be better even after losing Evans, McCall, Jett, Loe, and Barnett and having only 4 seniors and juniors (unless a recruit is a JUCO transfer)? You can't be serious.

That would be correct. I had been thinking about how Indiana State was a good game omitted from the list, and I guess my brain "farted" and stuck them there rather than Wichita State.

Yes next years team will be good. Ash will be the anchor coming in as a transfer from nova with experience. Then you got Mc Broom (with 2 years experience by next year - one sitting out and one playing) who is a scorer, tanner Lancona, Mike Crawford (a clone of Kevin Lisch), Reggie Agbeko, Grandy Glaze (hopefully will develop more), and John Manning. I dont know what the two/three new recruits next year will give us, but I am positive they will produce. Plus the new guys this year will get to play and practice with Evans, McCall, Jett, Loe and Barnett and learn the billiken way. #havefaith

For the casual sports fan and even someone following basketball somewhat closely, Wisconsin will mean the most even if they have a down year. Wichita even after a sweet sixteen run means less. Nice little uppity doggie. Now roll over and play dead again in your conference nobody cares about.......

I want to knock off the Badgers

Yes next years team will be good. Ash will be the anchor coming in as a transfer from nova with experience. Then you got Mc Broom (with 2 years experience by next year - one sitting out and one playing) who is a scorer, tanner Lancona, Mike Crawford (a clone of Kevin Lisch), Reggie Agbeko, Grandy Glaze (hopefully will develop more), and John Manning. I dont know what the two/three new recruits next year will give us, but I am positive they will produce. Plus the new guys this year will get to play and practice with Evans, McCall, Jett, Loe and Barnett and learn the billiken way. #havefaith

It's not that I don't have faith that the 2014-15 team will be good, but you said, "Better." I don't expect them to be better with only two seniors and only two juniors — neither of them having two years of playing time as Billikens — than this year's team with five seniors and two juniors. I think it's reasonable to anticipate a little drop-off after losing a class like the 2010 recruiting class.

It's not that I don't have faith that the 2014-15 team will be good, but you said, "Better." I don't expect them to be better with only two seniors and only two juniors — neither of them having two years of playing time as Billikens — than this year's team with five seniors and two juniors. I think it's reasonable to anticipate a little drop-off after losing a class like the 2010 recruiting class.

Thicks, unless he changed his post, he didn't say "better" he said just as good. Here is the original post:

"I am excited for this years team, but i think next years team will be just as good."

That being said, I 100% agree with you that we should expect a drop-off after this season. To put it in perspective, after this season the only returning players that we have CURRENTLY seen play as Billikens will be Manning and Glaze. That has to raise a few question marks even among the most optimistic of fans.

Thicks, unless he changed his post, he didn't say "better" he said just as good. Here is the original post:

"I am excited for this years team, but i think next years team will be just as good."

That being said, I 100% agree with you that we should expect a drop-off after this season. To put it in perspective, after this season the only returning players that we have CURRENTLY seen play as Billikens will be Manning and Glaze. That has to raise a few question marks even among the most optimistic of fans.

I stand corrected. Still I don't expect next year's team to be "just as good" as this year's team — unless a McDonald's All-American who is a team player and enjoys playing fundamental defense gets added to the 2014 recruiting class.

I stand corrected. Still I don't expect next year's team to be "just as good" as this year's team — unless a McDonald's All-American who is a team player and enjoys playing fundamental defense gets added to the 2014 recruiting class.

Agreed. The pending drop-off doesn't look as bad given the recruiting this staff is putting in, but even talented freshmen and sophomores would get whipped by this group of seniors. To put it another way, when Evans, McCall, Jett and Loe were freshmen and played a ton of minutes, we went 12-18. Next year's team will win 25+ game with mostly the same players plus 3 years of experience.

A little surprised Dayton wasn`t on the list, with X leaving we could really have them as The rival. Seems like we have something building with VCU.

So... It's been very busy and I've had very little time to read or comment on the board...

My question is did I miss something? What happened with yacoubou? I only read about the most recent 10 topics or so, but he's not mentioned anywhere. I thought he was supposed to be a pretty big deal like the other three....

So... It's been very busy and I've had very little time to read or comment on the board...

My question is did I miss something? What happened with yacoubou? I only read about the most recent 10 topics or so, but he's not mentioned anywhere. I thought he was supposed to be a pretty big deal like the other three....

He will be kicking opposition backside next year. I think most of the talk is centered on this one right now.

I knew that but then they were talking about next season and they didn't mention him with the others... Just thought I missed something... Hate when I do that.

Getting STOKED for this year!

And on topic: VCU... It's VCU...

He does. That's what jettflight said when he replied. I was questioning why he wasn't mentioned when people were dropping Crawford, agbeko, and lanconas names for next year.

:)

Too bad he will have to sit out this season. Would certainly be a major contributor to our guard unit. Personally speaking, that NCAA rule sucks! One of the many rules whose time has come and gone.

Too bad he will have to sit out this season. Would certainly be a major contributor to our guard unit. Personally speaking, that NCAA rule sucks! One of the many rules whose time has come and gone.

I don't know. Free agency in basketball would scare the bejesus out of me.........maybe an exemption if the kid is cut or the coach leaves......

I would think that the VCU love fest that ESPN has lead this week would get people pumped for that VCU game. It has for me.

I totally respect VCU's style of play. But call a press anything you want it still a press. And what beats a press, solid PG play, great team awareness, and senior leadership. I am getting more and more pumped for that Valentine's day weekend.