Porter

In other words, the opposite of backhand.

To Backhand's credit, I once saw him drink half a Budweiser in one sitting. He was able to walk to the bathroom without assistance (for the most part) and actually made it all the way to the toilet before puking.

To Backhand's credit, I once saw him drink half a Budweiser in one sitting. He was able to walk to the bathroom without assistance (for the most part) and actually made it all the way to the toilet before puking.

Of course, he did go into the girl's bathroom, which now seems appropriate for him.

ESPN had an article that mentioned SLU recruiting had trended downward in the last few seasons (the same ones since Porter left). While I think there are plenty of other reasons, the loss of our head recruiter, and subsequently Harriman, had to have played a role.

I have always wondered why KState took Harriman from us as after Ellis, we got CS and RL from down under and nothing after despite two of the three being instant successes and CS

played a lot his first two years until we recruited over him

I have always wondered why KState took Harriman from us as after Ellis, we got CS and RL from down under and nothing after despite two of the three being instant successes and CS

played a lot his first two years until we recruited over him

Harriman went to Nebraska. RL is from New Zealand.

Harriman's lack of success had more with SLU refusing to pony up the bucks to recruit down under than anything he did. We didn't have the money to pay for trips down there. We really wasted that opportunity. Nebraska hasn't and it is paying dividends for them in recruiting. Looking at it now, what with Lisch, now Conk and Ellis, SLU is getting a lot of notoriety there now where before we were an unknown. It's a shame Harriman was let go, now we might have the finances and cache to recruit down there but nobody with any connections.

I have a feeling Crews would have been named interim even if Moser was on the staff. That would have been bad for Porter. Both SLU and Moser are in much better spots. Loyola will be competing soon for MVC titles with Moser at the helm.

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure Porter has enough obscure connections to the state of IN or to Valpo specifically to win in college basketball.

Porter was a well spoken dude. I remember back when he came to town with UALR and beat SLU. Nothing like getting a package out in the desert of Kuwait and finding a SLU game VHS tape in there popping it in only to find out that they lost to f'n UALR! That stunk.