New Big East

Taj79

i am not making fun of small towns. i am just stating the facts. plus, the big reason we are in the a-10 is for the exposure to the east coast big cities that will bring students to saint louis university. millions vs thousands when you consider the city/towns of the two conferences. you are a salesman and understand opportunity numbers. where will more students come from? new york or cedar rapids?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course I attended SLU.

I do not see a big difference in quality of basketball in the MVC vs the A-10. Majerus agreed, said so. And bizzle will tell you, though it is debateable.

IMO it was not worth the extensive travel for all teams to join the A-10. No rivalries, etc, we've been over this...

It WILL be worth it if we get into the new BE. Big names, tradition, $ 3M a yr in TV money, on Fox Sports all the time.

Why do you make fun of small towns? So, a 5* player that can go to Champaign, IL, or Columbia, MO... should he go to Fordham because it is in NY City?

The A-10 is certainly less appealing without Xavier, but the Valley is also less appealing without Creighton. No need to consider a move tot he Valley. It's Big East or bust.

i am not making fun of small towns. i am just stating the facts. plus, the big reason we are in the a-10 is for the exposure to the east coast big cities that will bring students to saint louis university. millions vs thousands when you consider the city/towns of the two conferences. you are a salesman* and understand opportunity numbers. where will more students come from? new york or cedar rapids?

Admit it, you once called the MVC towns "Hooterviles". C'mon, come clean, do not say you "do not know anything about it", or you "signed it but didn't read it", or that you "will look into it and get back to me".

So NCAA basketball teams determine their league choice by selecting big cities to recruit students? That's a new one. I guess we kick Missouri's ass, they go to College Station, Athens, Tuscaloosa, Oxford, Starksville, etc...

*(VP of Sales)

Admit it, you once called the MVC towns "Hooterviles". C'mon, come clean, do not say you "do not know anything about it", or you "signed it but didn't read it", or that you "will look into it and get back to me".

So NCAA basketball teams determine their league choice by selecting big cities to recruit students? That's a new one. I guess we kick Missouri's ass, they go to College Station, Athens, Tuscaloosa, Oxford, Starksville, etc...

*(VP of Sales)

You guys stay up too late.

*(VP of Sales)

the mvc destinations pretty much are hooterville. if my intentions were to make fun, that wouldnt be true. so as i said, it is the truth.

as to your astonishment that coupling our conference affiliation with the larger east coast more populace cities, i know for a fact it was a huge factor and has been a success. since making the move to the A-10,the typical slu student's hometown affiliation with those cities has increased significantly. your want to draw a coorelation with bcs conferences and public schools is amusing though.