Kevin Lisch leaving Australia to play in Europe

I never said he had to renounce his US citizenship - what I said was he could just ignore his US current passport and still get an Italian passport. I also know for a fact that friends ours have been faced with this issue and they have been informed not only by their lawyers that the US does not accept dual citizenship in total - in other words you can not be a US citizen and an Italian citizen at the same time - you have to choose one but can switch back later if you choose. Tax is paid where the earnings took place so if you are an Italian citizen, and work and live in the US then you pay US taxes. Since the draft is no longer in play, the entire military issue is a non issue. One thing I would point out is that if you are a citizen of another country, you still pay payroll tax - SS and Medicare - but are not eligible to receive benefits. I also understand why KL would do this. The article you posted does not really change anything I said.

US Citizens as well as resident aliens (greencard holders) pay US income tax on worldwide income, no matter where it is earned. They may be eligible for credits or exclusions depending on the facts and circumstances, but saying "tax is paid where the earnings took place" is definitely incorrect from a US taxpayer perspective.

"my son played on his grade school team. i have known the lisch's since kids were in kindergarten."

Yea, we got some brand new Nike uniforms that year and took the diocesan championship. Probably had more to do with my solid 6Ppg than understanding the game plan of "Get Kevin the ball" and his 25+ppg...

"my son played on his grade school team. i have known the lisch's since kids were in kindergarten."

Yea, we got some brand new Nike uniforms that year and took the diocesan championship. Probably had more to do with my solid 6Ppg than understanding the game plan of "Get Kevin the ball" and his 25+ppg...

everyone knows you were the glue to that team though

Kevin Lisch is like some kind of Viking raider. He sails into Perth, steals their gold (titles and MVP awards), takes one of their woman for himself, and then leaves town.

No longer the Honey Badger, in Europe he will henceforth be known as Ragnar Lischbrok.

No longer the Honey Badger, in Europe he will henceforth be known as Ragnar Lischbrok.

I like your reference. The question is can his wife pillage and plunder?

I like your reference. The question is can his wife pillage and plunder?

the question is can she handle spillage down under? kevin lisch can drill it from anywhere, because he's fuoking kevin lisch. sorry, dwayne polk doesn't have sh1t on him. sorry.

sp_1411_clip13.jpg

I never said he had to renounce his US citizenship - what I said was he could just ignore his US current passport and still get an Italian passport. I also know for a fact that friends ours have been faced with this issue and they have been informed not only by their lawyers that the US does not accept dual citizenship in total - in other words you can not be a US citizen and an Italian citizen at the same time - you have to choose one but can switch back later if you choose. Tax is paid where the earnings took place so if you are an Italian citizen, and work and live in the US then you pay US taxes. Since the draft is no longer in play, the entire military issue is a non issue. One thing I would point out is that if you are a citizen of another country, you still pay payroll tax - SS and Medicare - but are not eligible to receive benefits. I also understand why KL would do this. The article you posted does not really change anything I said.

I am a US citizen and recently applied for dual Italian citizenship...it is possible. I also am halfway done with my LLM in Tax and can tell you that tax is paid where you receive earnings, essentially, regardless of whether you are a citizen (assuming you live in the particular country for a specific period of time per year).

My dual US & Italian citizenship will have no bearing on my US citizenship. I think you mean that if you are a dual citizen and live in that other country, that you still pay payroll taxes but do not receive benefits...that I will look up, but will say that it does not seem accurate. Perhaps it is that you will not receive benefits during that time, but his benefits likely still accumulate for future use. But, if one is a dual citizen and lives in US, he still receives benefits.

cheese, you said he would have to give up his us passport he has not and he is still an american citizen. so your post was wrong.

The problem here is you can not maintain 2 passports and use them as you please - you have to use one or the other is how it was explained to me. I never said he had to give up his US citizenship just that he can not hold two different passports and use them interchangeable as far as the US is concern.

I am a US citizen and recently applied for dual Italian citizenship...it is possible. I also am halfway done with my LLM in Tax and can tell you that tax is paid where you receive earnings, essentially, regardless of whether you are a citizen (assuming you live in the particular country for a specific period of time per year).

My dual US & Italian citizenship will have no bearing on my US citizenship. I think you mean that if you are a dual citizen and live in that other country, that you still pay payroll taxes but do not receive benefits...that I will look up, but will say that it does not seem accurate. Perhaps it is that you will not receive benefits during that time, but his benefits likely still accumulate for future use. But, if one is a dual citizen and lives in US, he still receives benefits.

You may have misunderstood what I was saying - If you are from England and work for a US company and live in the US you will still be charged payroll tax but you will not be eligible to receive benefits as long as you are not a US citizen. I have a friend whose daughter is married to someone who is not a US citizen and he refuses to give up his birth citizenship so he has decided that he does not care if he ever collects SS or not. Now he may change his mind as he gets older and if he stays here for good.

I checked with someone I know who worked with the SS Dept and apparently there is a way that you can collect SS and Medicare whether you are a citizen or not as long as you paid into it. I also now remember that several years ago we had a large influx of Russians in StL - many being edlerly - and they got some kind of SS disability payment so I was wrong on this issue.

The problem here is you can not maintain 2 passports and use them as you please - you have to use one or the other is how it was explained to me. I never said he had to give up his US citizenship just that he can not hold two different passports and use them interchangeable as far as the US is concern.

This is patently incorrect. I have four - yes four - passports, all current and valid. Three citizenships by birth and one picked up along the way. The US only requires US citizens to enter the US on a US passport. Failing to do so can result in a fine and/or imprisonment but usually just 4-6 hour delay in the airport with some real illegals. Trust me on that one!

This is patently incorrect. I have four - yes four - passports, all current and valid. Three citizenships by birth and one picked up along the way. The US only requires US citizens to enter the US on a US passport. Failing to do so can result in a fine and/or imprisonment but usually just 4-6 hour delay in the airport with some real illegals. Trust me on that one!

so your moshza and fashza were from different countries and then shat you out in yet another country, and now you're AMMMMURRRRICAANNN!?!? that is cool as sh1t. feel free to correct my assumption, my mind is wade boggled.

so your moshza and fashza were from different countries and then shat you out in yet another country, and now you're AMMMMURRRRICAANNN!?!? that is cool as sh1t. feel free to correct my assumption, my mind is wade boggled.

Ha, lol. Close. Canada and British (N. Ireland) parents, born in US thanks to McDonnell Douglas. Moved to Australian at age 3. Back to the US to finish hs in the STL.

I thought you had to be a spy to have that many passorts laying about. Cool!

Jason Bourne?

To quote a famous man - George on Seinfield - if you believe it to be true then it is not a lie

To quote a famous man - George on Seinfield - if you believe it to be true then it is not a lie

Kind of like the rubbish you posted about having to pick a citizenship and social security eligibility.

Happy to show you, or perhaps someone more trustworthy.

Bonwich - great point. That was immediately apparent.