Crews is official 2 PM Presser

brianstl

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about "We have a FANTASTIC TEAM coming back!!! We are going to bring in some excellent. I look forward to kicking ass for years to come!!! You guys better get on the bandwagon or be left out!!"

That would be nice.

Not "St. Louis is filled with nice people."

The season is like 6 months away....

Well, hopefully this puts to bed the whole debate whether this is taking too long. Jim admits this too long and apologizes for it. So, those who came on the Board to slap poster's hands for dare questioning the length of all this, should know that Jim himself admits this too long and apologized for it.

In an interview on Channel 5 on the Monday following the NCAA Tournament, Crews said that he was confident that the public would know about his status one way or another by the end of that week. That was over two weeks ago. Crews is a good soldier. He is taking one for the team. He's not going to throw his boss under the bus. The media should have had the opportunity to ask Biondi that question.

I'm sorry but this is f'ing painful! Does he sound like someone with a burning desire to make a Final Four?

He reminds me of Spoon and Spoon definitely wanted to win every friggin' game.

I'm sorry but this is f'ing painful! Does he sound like someone with a burning desire to make a Final Four?

You know what was more painful? Listening to Majerus ramble on for an hour from one subject to another while never getting to the point. What Crews says in this presser means absolutely nada to me in regards to what the man can do as a coach.

Stick to baseball updates. This isn't about unveiling a brand new head coach. It's not inherently an exciting presser. It's about promoting from within after the death of a coach...

You have every major member of the sports media in the room. You are right, no reason to sell the program. Lets just go off the cuff, wing it and be self-depricating. In retrospect, the best part was about Teddy Pendergrass.

yeah.... i know. just trying to get people who aren't watching the press conference .

I hear ya, but I've been around this board long enough to know that some are going to read your post, think you were serious and then 6 months from now when we are running the same defensive scheme they will say they thought Crews had said we were going to press and play zone.

You know what was more painful? Listening to Majerus ramble on for an hour from one subject to another while never getting to the point. What Crews says in this presser means absolutely nada to me in regards to what the man can do as a coach.

+ a billion. Majerus was a great coach, but, holy cow, was he painful to listen to sometimes. If I was a reporter interviewing him, I would have a cyanide vile in my mouth ready to be chomped on at any time.

I hear ya, but I've been around this board long enough to know that some are going to read your post, think you were serious and then 6 months from now when we are running the same defensive scheme they will say they thought Crews had said we were going to press and play zone.

There is a 50-50 chance we will play zone.

haha I haven't been here that long but I'm sure you're right.

In an interview on Channel 5 on the Monday following the NCAA Tournament, Crews said that he was confident that the public would know about his status one way or another by the end of that week. That was over two weeks ago. Crews is a good soldier. He is taking one for the team. He's not going to throw his boss under the bus. The media should have had the opportunity to ask Biondi that question.

Not sure what you are saying. What I am saying is that some got their feathers ruffled when people complained how long this was taking, as it was inappropriate to ask these. Crews pretty much validated that it took long and apologized for it, so those people who think no one should complain about the length of the process were out of line.

I lost the feed. Are they going to announce the terms today?

No, But to be honest, I don't think they ever really announced the terms of Majerus's contract. It was just reported on later by members of the media, and the terms themselves were actually up for debate. It is assumed to be a 5 year deal per Joe Strauss.

Great to hear that we are going to be pressing and playing zone next year...

(sorry, couldn't resist.)

The real question is how to spell our new defense, is it Havoc "Light" or "Lite"? Crews shoul have been more specific!!!