SLU-Mizzou

Pistol

I hate when people say they're fans of both teams. Decide who you would root for if they played head to head and stick to that team. Fuok fence sitters.

If Mizzou and SLU played, I'd root for Mizzou. I've never said otherwise. However, as this post reminds us, they don't. So what does it matter if I like both teams? I went to Mizzou, I grew up in St. Louis.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Mizzou and SLU played, I'd root for Mizzou. I've never said otherwise. However, as this post reminds us, they don't. So what does it matter if I like both teams? I went to Mizzou, I grew up in St. Louis.

Yeah, that ain't no fence sitter. Why are you even here?

We can be like Butler and show a high level of class when interacting with our adversaries.

Or we can be like Methdale and consistently be jerks to dual fans and fans of other teams.

I say let the cow moo, especially given the note the Skip posted about the high class he himself illustrated during the A-10 tourney.

We can be like Butler and show a high level of class when interacting with our adversaries.

Or we can be like Methdale and consistently be jerks to dual fans and fans of other teams.

I say let the cow moo, especially given the note the Skip posted about the high class he himself illustrated during the A-10 tourney.

If it were anyone but Mizzou......

Isn't another reason that cheesycow posts here is that he is long-time friends with Steve?

Steve and I have been friends since High School. I hosted him for the A-10 Tournament and he graciously bought me dinner and a ticket for the Butler game (at which I bought him a beer, gotta try to keep it at least a little even).

Steve just gets away with being a fan of two teams (in the same conference, no less!) because he runs the board. Lucky jerk.

I believe the cow showed some hospitality to some of our fans in Brooklyn. I'm good with him posting

Who is saying he shouldn't have the right to post?

I just find it ironic that he's calling out SLU fans for their Mizzou obsession, when 98% of his 1,700+ posts on this board are in defense of Mizzou.

We don't accept you as a SLU fan. Its like Larry David and guys that shave their heads.

Yeah but I'm supposed to have a Mizzou obsession.

Cheesy, the shoes have correctly called you out. If you are a fan of both programs, fine. But we rarely see your inner Billiken. This is a BILLIKEN board. You have to accept that a good portion of the folks on here will not like or respect your team. The majority of your 1,700 posts have been devoted to defending the honor of Mizzou.

Cheesy, the shoes have correctly called you out. If you are a fan of both programs, fine. But we rarely see your inner Billiken. This is a BILLIKEN board. You have to accept that a good portion of the folks on here will not like or respect your team. The majority of your 1,700 posts have been devoted to defending the honor of Mizzou.

Yeah that was my premise. I wasn't disagreeing. I was just calling out the people who were trying to pretend that this board NEVER talks about Mizzou, when in fact 8 years ago I was able to read about as much about Mizzou here as I could on Tigerboard.

Yeah but I'm supposed to have a Mizzou obsession.

That's fine, but this is the SLU board. You can't have it both ways by saying you're a SLU fan and then spend all of your time on this board defending Mizzou. To,me, that just makes you a Mizzou fan with an obsession for what SLU fans think of Mizzou.

Who is saying he shouldn't have the right to post?

I just find it ironic that he's calling out SLU fans for their Mizzou obsession, when 98% of his 1,700+ posts on this board are in defense of Mizzou.

I guess I missed him calling out the SLU fans. As we discovered on the thread with the SLU article that I didn't care for ... my reading comprehension obviously isn't that good.

Your objective opinion... what did you think of our team after seeing them in person last weekend?

I only saw the Butler game in person (although I did stream the championship game at work, don't tell my boss). My observations are pretty much the same as everyone's.

Where the Billikens are good:

• Play incredibly solid defense (especially along the perimeter, really frustrated the hell out of Rotnei Clarke, who made a few circus shots early but was a non-factor during the run that sealed the game in the 2nd half).
  • Don't make very many mistakes
  • Don't get rattled by runs (experience)
  • Really successful at getting open looks for outside shooters

Where the Billikens could be better:

• They don't always finish strong on the inside. Evans manages to get his buckets, but there were a number of really soft attempts in the paint that I saw. Now granted a lot of this was the result of fouls but you can't always count on the stripes and even if the foul is called why not enjoy an and-one opportunity?
  • They can (though not easily) get sped up. Both in the Butler game and the VCU game there were stretches where SLU was taken out of their preferred tempo, and it showed in a little bit of sloppiness on both ends of the floor. In both games these stretches weren't for very long, but against a team like Louisville I wonder if the billikens would be as successful at imposing their tempo on the game.

I told both Steve and Taj that this year I think SLU would beat Mizzou handily at home or a neutral site, and a game in Columbia would probably be a tight Mizzou win (only because the tigers have been unbelievable at home this year).

I had a great time with all the Billikens fans I met, and enjoyed the pre-game reception at Pacific Standard (which was really well attended). It was a lot of fun and I look forward to at least one more year of seeing the Bills in my borough, although I'm with you guys in hoping I get to go into Manhattan to watch them after that.

Isn't this the same guy that has a "Clinical Psychiatrist" girlfriend that weighed in with a professional opinion on our star PG after reading news clippings? Not sure how you could cheer for a team you thought was like that but I guess SPUMAC fans are used to those sorts of things.