Spike Lee

Spike Lee is the personification of why we have race problems in this country. I can understand that most non-white people would not understand that, but people who constantly agitate when they are, in absolute fact, living the life of an ultra-privileged class, simply make the problem much, much worse, not better. He is worth an estimated $40 million and was given a very nice college education by his parents. Lee has a history of making inappropriate remarks, many of them with a racist tinge: Lee sparked controversy on a March 28, 2004, segment on ABC when he said that basketball player Larry Bird was overrated because of his race, saying, "The most overrated player of all time, I would say it'd be Larry Bird. Now, Larry Bird is one of the greatest players of all time, but listen to the white media, it's like this guy was like nobody ever played basketball before him—Larry Bird, Larry Bird, Larry Bird, Larry Bird, Larry Bird."

From Wikipedia and J. Colin Trisler (March 24, 2004). "Racial Double Standard. Spike Lee's comments unacceptable". The Daily Reveille.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spike_Lee#Controversies

Spike Lee is the personification of why we have race problems in this country. I can understand that most non-white people would not understand that, but people who constantly agitate when they are, in absolute fact, living the life of an ultra-privileged class, simply make the problem much, much worse, not better. He is worth an estimated $40 million and was given a very nice college education by his parents. Lee has a history of making inappropriate remarks, many of them with a racist tinge: Lee sparked controversy on a March 28, 2004, segment on ABC when he said that basketball player Larry Bird was overrated because of his race, saying, "The most overrated player of all time, I would say it'd be Larry Bird. Now, Larry Bird is one of the greatest players of all time, but listen to the white media, it's like this guy was like nobody ever played basketball before himLarry Bird, Larry Bird, Larry Bird, Larry Bird, Larry Bird."

From Wikipedia and J. Colin Trisler (March 24, 2004).

"Racial Double Standard. Spike Lee's comments unacceptable". The Daily Reveille.

Post of the Year. spike lee. Hypocritical piece of dog

Spike Lee is the personification of why we have race problems in this country. I can understand that most non-white people would not understand that, but people who constantly agitate when they are, in absolute fact, living the life of an ultra-privileged class, simply make the problem much, much worse, not better. He is worth an estimated $40 million and was given a very nice college education by his parents. Lee has a history of making inappropriate remarks, many of them with a racist tinge: Lee sparked controversy on a March 28, 2004, segment on ABC when he said that basketball player Larry Bird was overrated because of his race, saying, "The most overrated player of all time, I would say it'd be Larry Bird. Now, Larry Bird is one of the greatest players of all time, but listen to the white media, it's like this guy was like nobody ever played basketball before him—Larry Bird, Larry Bird, Larry Bird, Larry Bird, Larry Bird."

From Wikipedia and J. Colin Trisler (March 24, 2004). "Racial Double Standard. Spike Lee's comments unacceptable". The Daily Reveille.

I agree with you (doesn't happen often). Anyone who produces their movies under the name 40 acres and a Mule is a race baiter. I have little doubt as to why he adopted vcu. He has made some great movies, just not in the past 15 years.

+100

'the Metz' blocked me for making fun of his whiny Yankees tweets when the Tigers were handing their asses to them in the ALCS. "Curtis Granderson/Robinson Cano should never wear pinstripes again." Good times.

Lol

Larry Bird and Spike Lee are equally Sh*+#y people. Has nothing to do with race just lack of class. Spike can make some movies and clearly Bird could ball. Still, they both suck as human beings.

Might be time to move on. We beat VCU twice and they're on the other side of the brackets. Other schools can have their famous fans but all we do is win. This Tournament is massive for us; time to focus on NMSU.