GDT: A10 Tournament, Round One

Pistol

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they called the original foul a shooting foul so Charlotte was going to get 3 shots and that's what set Mooney off.

But it looks like Williams got the first T after the first FT.

But it looks like Williams got the first T after the first FT.

I mean at the very end, Charlotte was up 1 with the ball. They inbounded and Richmond fouled and the Charlotte dude just heaved it from half-court. I think the refs called the half court heave a shot and were gonna give him 3 free throws, and that set Mooney off and he got double T'd.

That's the only explanation for them shooting 7 free throws at the very end.

I mean at the very end, Charlotte was up 1 with the ball. They inbounded and Richmond fouled and the Charlotte dude just heaved it from half-court. I think the refs called the half court heave a shot and were gonna give him 3 free throws, and that set Mooney off and he got double T'd.

That's the only explanation for them shooting 7 free throws at the very end.

You mean down 1, right?

Richmond (up 3) fouls Charlotte with 5 seconds left. Charlotte goes to the line to shoot 1 and 1

Henry hits the first

As the shot goes through the net, Richmond's Williams pushes a Charlotte player (may have said something to the ref), gets a T

Henry hits 3 more Free Throws (2 for the T, and the second 1 and 1). This puts Charlotte up 1

Charlotte also gets the ball due to the Technical.

Henry gets (un)intentionally fouled while hurling up a half court shot. Refs award 3 free throws

Mooney gets a double Technical (ejected) and Henry gets 7 free throws (4 for the T's and 3 for the foul on the shot attempt)

Charlotte scores 8 points off of Free Throws in the in final 5 seconds to go from down 3 to up 5

Did I miss anything

Richmond (up 3) fouls Charlotte with 5 seconds left. Charlotte goes to the line to shoot 1 and 1

Henry hits the first

As the shot goes through the net, Richmond's Williams pushes a Charlotte player (may have said something to the ref), gets a T

Henry hits 3 more Free Throws (2 for the T, and the second 1 and 1). This puts Charlotte up 1

Charlotte also gets the ball.

Henry gets intentionally fouled while hurling up a half court shot. Refs award 3 free throws

Mooney gets a double Technical (ejected) and Henry gets 7 free throws (4 for the T's and 3 for the foul on the shot attempt)

Charlotte scores 8 points off of Free Throws in the in final 5 seconds to go from down 3 to up 5

Did I miss anything

I think you got it.

Henry hits the first

Henry gets intentionally fouled while hurling up a half court shot. Refs award 3 free throws

Did I miss anything

I think you nailed it.

I wanted to see how OT would possibly go after at least 4 Charlotte players fouled out before the bizzare ending. The reporters in the studio even said that if you turned off the game after 10 seconds left you missed everything. Richmond should be ashamed and they have an express ticket home.

Craziest ending to a bb game I've ever seen. Wow, Mooney lost his cool, Williams lost his cool, and Richmond went from facing the Billikens to facing a long ride home. Unreal. Kind of glad Charlotte won, but it will be a very physical game. Also, Henri's a big guard and we've struggled against big athletic guards.

Henry hits the first

Henry gets (un)intentionally fouled while hurling up a half court shot. Refs award 3 free throws

Did I miss anything

Nope. That is how it went down.

Henry hits the first

Did I miss anything

That's how I saw it.