Crawford does it again

Devils15

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This summer he needs to focus on Basketball!!

Sssssshhhhh! Crawford is lining up his putt. It lips out. He must have been thinking of that shot he made missed in the semi-state for a 3-pointer.

what...? I just... why?

What's with the attitude lately man? Calling him a redshirt candidate is not a ludicrous statement. We'll be stacked at guard/wing and we really have no idea how good Crawford will be.

Do I think he will or should? Probably not. But it doesn't mean it's ridiculous.

Regarding redshirting someone: Next year we are going to return 5 seniors and 2 juniors (all except for Manning are major parts of this year's team). Plus McBroom and Drew. Now we are up to 9 players. With 4 spots to go (including the one Crawford has) I would expect at least 2 of them to not play next year. I mean what's the point of wasting a year of eligibility to be the 12th man on the team? If one of those two spots goes to a transfer that has to sit out a year it still means one of the 3 others could and maybe should redshirt.

Redshirting is not a dirty word and with next years team probably makes a lot of sense for at least one player. That being said, is does seem as if certain posters want to call someone a redshirt candidate as a sort of put down that they aren't good enough to play their freshman year. I suspect that perception is what sets 05 off.

Regarding redshirting someone: Next year we are going to return 5 seniors and 2 juniors (all except for Manning are major parts of this year's team). Plus McBroom and Drew. Now we are up to 9 players. With 4 spots to go (including the one Crawford has) I would expect at least 2 of them to not play next year. I mean what's the point of wasting a year of eligibility to be the 12th man on the team? If one of those two spots goes to a transfer that has to sit out a year it still means one of the 3 others could and maybe should redshirt.

Redshirting is not a dirty word and with next years team probably makes a lot of sense for at least one player. That being said, is does seem as if certain posters want to call someone a redshirt candidate as a sort of put down that they aren't good enough to play their freshman year. I suspect that perception is what sets 05 off.

The other pereception that it seems some have is that if a guy doesn't play as a freshman, he is never going to be a contributor during his career. I suspect this thinking goes back to some of the dark days of Billiken basketball, when rosters were thin with talent. Once RM started stacking quality recruiting classes, that has changed. There is depth on the roster and some quality players just aren't going to be able to crack the 9-man rotation right away. Some guys are going to have to wait their turn. That's what happens at good programs.

What's with the attitude lately man? Calling him a redshirt candidate is not a ludicrous statement. We'll be stacked at guard/wing and we really have no idea how good Crawford will be.

Do I think he will or should? Probably not. But it doesn't mean it's ridiculous.

agree to an extent. but if he should somehow win indiana's mr. basketball, he'd have the right to protest getting redshirted at duke.

http://www.ihsaa.org/Portals/0/boys%20sports/boys%20basketball/2012-13/2012132ARegionalBrackets.pdf

Tipton (25-2) plays Bowman Academy (16-9) this Saturday at 1:00 at Huntington North in the semifinals.

The winner plays the winner of Speedway (21-4) and Linton-Stockton (23-3) at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indy on Saturday, March 23.

Bump for Crawford, whose team tips 30 minutes before SLU this afternoon. I'd love to see him go out with two big games and a state championship.

Tipton / Bowman Academy (Gary) game was on channel 40 Indy and on this website.

http://www.ihigh.com/whmb/broadcast_287869.html?silverlight=1

Coach Marvin Rhea of Bowman Academy has done some wonderful positive things in that area where nothing seems to be positive. I could tell you some stories about Gary that you couldn't even imagine. It rivals Chicago's south side for negative press.

I was talking to a guy who used to teach at the one of the public high schools in Gary. Lew Wallace High School will be closed in Gary because they can't afford to get the heating system fixed and half the school is unheated (in the Chicago area-imagine). They are moving those students into Roosevelt and Westside high schools the only 2 public high schools left in Gary. The administrator told this teacher to find a job outside of Gary because the overcrowding at Roosevelt and West Side will be so bad his life will be in danger.

In sports the schools around Gary will not play any games in Gary. I don't know what they will do next year but Wallace, Roosevelt and West Side were in a conference by themselves because nobody will let them in.

You'll notice that Glenn Robinson III (Michigan) went to Lake Central HS in St. John instead of Gary Roosevelt (where his father went before Purdue). Glenn Robinson knew the way things operated at Roosevelt and still would not send his son there.

The 1A state championship game is at 9:00 a.m. CDT/10:00 a.m. EDT against Borden (you'll like this, Borden beat University HS of Carmel, IN, a school partially affiliated with Butler) at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in downtown Indy.

Use the same website http://www.ihigh.com/whmb/index.html

EDIT: My mistake. I actually got Triton and Tipton mixed up. Valpo has a recruit playing in the 1A state championship game on Saturday, Clay Yeo. Triton versus Borden for 1A.

Great high school career came to a close for Mike. He put the team on his back and had a 3 to tie it at the buzzer and may have gotten fouled but Bowman Academy is loaded. 40 points 17 rebounds. Here is a quote from Bowman Academy's coach:

"He's an Indiana All-American, Rea said, stretching it a bit. We tried to contain him and make the other guys beat us. He was unconscious."

http://www.nwitimes.com/high-school/bowman-academy/bowman-stamps-return-ticket-to-a-state-finals/article_4917a1ed-9a6f-58e5-98a6-89b6ca586eb3.html