Stevens singing our praises again

kappy96

From Dan Dakich earlier today:

Dan Dakich ‏@dandakich

Brad Stevens just said on my show St Louis U is a Final 4 team and listed all the reasons..I totally agree

Dan Dakich ‏@dandakich

Brad Stevens: "if Jim Crews isn't THE Coach of the Yr then he certainly has to be up for it".

Dan Dakich@dandakich

More Stevens : "if Coach Crews is available we should all fear for our jobs..he is a great coach"

Here is the link to the interview:

http://www.1070thefan.com/podcast/Episodes.aspx?PID=2165

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this mean Butler is not final four material? Is he telling his guys, "hey we're playing a final 4 team on Friday you better bring your A game." Is he planning on leaving Butler and setting Crews up to replace him? This man has ulterior motives in his praise for our beloved Billikens. And I still think the greatest compliment a SLU coach got was RM from Mack, "I was playing checkers, he was playing chess."

From Dan Dakich earlier today:

Dan Dakich ‏@dandakich

Brad Stevens just said on my show St Louis U is a Final 4 team and listed all the reasons..I totally agree

Dan Dakich ‏@dandakich

Brad Stevens: "if Jim Crews isn't THE Coach of the Yr then he certainly has to be up for it".

Dan Dakich@dandakich

More Stevens : "if Coach Crews is available we should all fear for our jobs..he is a great coach"

Here is the link to the interview:

http://www.1070thefan.com/podcast/Episodes.aspx?PID=2165

Some of it is probably a little bit of gamesmanship, but there also is some truth to his analysis. I said it about last year's Bills team, that if they had Willie, they clearly would have been a team capable of going to the Final Four. A few people thought I was crazy, but give me the talent of last year's team plus Willie, in addition to being led by a coach who had been to an NCAA championship game and you have a team that was clearly more talented than that second Butler team that made the Final Four. Maybe this year's SLU team reminds Stevens of his second Butler team that made the Final Four. No future NBA players, but good defense, discipline and experience. Plus, unless you are a Kentucky with Anthony Davis, most teams need a little luck along the way with match-ups to get to the Final Four. It is also about getting hot at the right time. When you see the way the Bills have played the last few games, it makes me think that I would like for BIG DANCE to begin right now.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="ACE" data-cid="344746" data-time="1361392309"><p>

<br />

Some of it is probably a little bit of gamesmanship, but there also is some truth to his analysis. I said it about last year's Bills team, that if they had Willie, they clearly would have been a team capable of going to the Final Four. A few people thought I was crazy, but give me the talent of last year's team plus Willie, in addition to being led by a coach who had been to an NCAA championship game and you have a team that was clearly more talented than that second Butler team that made the Final Four. Maybe this year's SLU team reminds Stevens of his second Butler team that made the Final Four. No future NBA players, but good defense, discipline and experience. Plus, unless you are a Kentucky with Anthony Davis, most teams need a little luck along the way with match-ups to get to the Final Four. It is also about getting hot at the right time. When you see the way the Bills have played the last few games, it makes me think that I would like for BIG DANCE to begin right now.</p></blockquote>

I agree no one would want to have to play us right now. On the ESPN game story there is a Miami Hurricane fan who commented, "please don't let SLU be the 8/9 team in Miami's bracket."

Wow clearly you don't know Brad Stevens or coach Crews is you think either is using aspects of gamesmanship or a mind game.. They have known each other for a while and SLU kicked their butt because Crews at SLu, Gross at Illini, and coach at Lasalle know Butlers system. Hence the unusual losses but good for SLU... The biggest thing for SLU is to know that Butler rarely plays a team twice the same way...

Wow clearly you don't know Brad Stevens or coach Crews is you think either is using aspects of gamesmanship or a mind game.. They have known each other for a while and SLU kicked their butt because Crews at SLu, Gross at Illini, and coach at Lasalle know Butlers system. Hence the unusual losses but good for SLU... The biggest thing for SlU is to know that Butler rarely plays a team twice the same way...

You're clearly naive to think that a coach won't try everything he can to give his team an advantage, especially after getting trounced in the first meeting.

Wow clearly you don't know Brad Stevens or coach Crews is you think either is using aspects of gamesmanship or a mind game.. They have known each other for a while and SLU kicked their butt because Crews at SLu, Gross at Illini, and coach at Lasalle know Butlers system. Hence the unusual losses but good for SLU... The biggest thing for SlU is to know that Butler rarely plays a team twice the same way...

Yeah and Coach K at the post game presser after beating Coastal Carolina Community College talks about how good the fighting Petcocks are he's completely sincere..............

Brad Stevens is hyping the Bills for his team's use come Friday. Classic. On one hand, he has to know he's neither athletic enough nor deep enough to stay with us. We proved that. We killed them in the Fetz and I'd take us in a neutral court as well. But we are at Hinkle, on a Friday night, in a revenge game. C'mon. No brainer.

And if he loses? Hey, they ARE a Final Four team. See. Told you so. We out-physicalled Charlotte, who out-physicalled Butler on their home court. We are deeper. We have better talent. We may not win Friday, but I still think we rate higher than Butler. Butler's best wins are by single points done a whole year ago (2012). I'm kind of joking, but then againb, I'm kind of not.

You're clearly naive to think that a coach won't try everything he can to give his team an advantage, especially after getting trounced in the first meeting.[/quote

So then what are the words that coach Crews will use for our Billikens knowing that they are going someplace they've never been and know the team they played before is going to have it in for them?

So then what are the words that coach Crews will use for our Billikens knowing that they are going someplace they've never been and know the team they played before is going to have it in for them?

The above must be some sort of Zen koan, along the lines of "What is the sound of one hand jerking?" ;)

You're clearly naive to think that a coach won't try everything he can to give his team an advantage, especially after getting trounced in the first meeting.[/quote

Beat'em by 20 this time!

I don't Crews will say much. He is a veteran coach with a veteran team. I could see a couple of steely glances, knowing nods, and gentle reminders to prod this team. With Mitchell, Evans, Ellis, Jett and McCall, not much should be needed. Loe negates Smith. Evans matches up with Jones. I expect Marshall to try and atone for a piss poor game at the Fetz buit we have Glaze and Remekun to neutralize him. Ten fouls to give and both he and Jones are poor shooters from the line. Four guards to run at Dunham and Clarke. They still starting Dunham for Barlow? If so, no bench again. Fromm ans Woods and stigall are mop-up minutes guys.

The Bills will/should be motivated. I can see winning on Friday busting us into the Top Twenty Five somewhere in the mid-teens.

Oh, damn ... jinx.