Rammer and the Ref at VCU Game

SluBallz

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's silly to think a guy who confronted a radio play by play guy overreacted to something? Interesting.

Where did I say that? I'm simply saying that I bet Rammer *did* something, not *said* something. A gesture.

And that, too, is overreacting.

The table is for workers.

Where did I say that? I'm simply saying that I bet Rammer *did* something, not *said* something. A gesture.

And that, too, is overreacting.

The table is for workers.

I get your point, but after listening to a LOT of other broadcasters when I watch on the internet, I think it would be grossly inaccurate to say the Rammer is materially different than most broadcasters hired by the school they are broadcasting for.

But much, much more importantly, the only people AT THE GAME that can hear Rammer are Earl, a few other people (at the most) at the table and an official who is more interested in the broadcaster than in doing his job as an official. This also applies to an official that pays more attention, visually, to a person at the table than the game. THAT is the problem. This BoBo guy, in my opinion, clearly has a problem with his emotional maturity and the behavior he has exhibited should preclude him from being in a job that is high stress and, specifically, where he is naturally going to be the target of verbal or other taunts from literally hundreds if not thousands of people in the audience.

Looks like George HW Bush and Laura Bush were at the game........
Ha! Thats my junior high basketball coach and his wife. :) Odd thing is, our game plan was very much so to play the part of the charge card. ;)... being junior high girls, FAR more emotional than CE.

I am with you...in regards to him acknowledging the fan. I am with you in regards to Rammer IF all he did was hear something, versus seeing something.

If Boroski is as incompetent at his job as some on here are saying, one would wonder how he: gets 80 games a year; was hired by the Big Ten; has been assigned to NCAA Tournament games.

What if it was the 3rd time Rammer did that during an official's call? (Is that hard to believe?)

Ask Nate or Ben about proper table conduct.

Like I said in a previous post, Boroski should have waited for a later stoppage to address whatever he felt compelled to address. But "emotional maturity" issues? I don't know the man like that.

As a SLU fan, I was content to shoot more FTs than VCU, and be whistled for less fouls.

As a SLU fan, I cringed a little when I saw the Big Lead coverage. Not a lot, but a little.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="OC" data-cid="345133" data-time="1361502488"><p>

I am with you...in regards to him acknowledging the fan. I am with you in regards to Rammer IF all he did was hear something, versus seeing something.<br />

<br />

If Boroski is as incompetent at his job as some on here are saying, one would wonder how he: gets 80 games a year; was hired by the Big Ten; has been assigned to NCAA Tournament games.<br />

<br />

Like I said in a previous post, Boroski should have waited for a later stoppage to address whatever he felt compelled to address. But "emotional maturity" issues? I don't know the man like that. As a SLU fan I was content to shoot more FTs than VCU, and be whistled for less fouls.<br />

<br />

</p></blockquote>

Well, a guy named Madoff persisted in separating very smart people (people much smarter than Big Ten ADs) from their money for years and years despite all kinds of statistical evidence that indicated something was wrong, very wrong. Just because some authoritative body lends BoBo credence doesn't mean he is, in fact, competent.

Well, a guy named Madoff persisted in separating very smart people (people much smarter than Big Ten ADs) from their money for years and years despite all kinds of statistical evidence that indicated something was wrong, very wrong. Just because some authoritative body lends BoBo credence doesn't mean he is, in fact, competent.

True.

And just because he eventually tires of Rammer's table manner doesn't mean he is, in fact, emotionally immature.

Let's just get a big W tomorrow at Hinkle. I'll be tuned into none other than The Rammer, who is fantastic at play-by-play.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="brianstl" data-cid="345177" data-time="1361543711"><p>

<br />

<br />

Who cares if they pick it up. It was an interesting sideshow for a couple days, nothing more.</p></blockquote>

I don't care, I just figured it was right up there alley. And I just realized I posted twice about it. I was drunk the first time.