Is today the day

brianstl

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="billiken_roy" data-cid="335226" data-time="1357749845"><p>

i've been told by untold sources it could go either way. and i cant tell you who told me that but trust me it is someone that knows.</p></blockquote>

is your source moytoy?

My sources tell me that it might be Boytoy and it might not be. There is also a high possibility that Box and Won might also be a possible source of information. But my source is only 75% sure about that possibility.

This article talks about SLU and Crieghton as last 2 in as rumored on this board: http://www.nj.com/college-basketball/index.ssf/2013/01/catholic_7_basketball_schools_currently_feeling_out_potential_tv_rights_partners_according_to_report.html

This article says VCU in the picture and could take that last spot from SLU. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20130109/catholic-7-tv/

The geography concerns me. If Dayton, SLU and Creighton are all in with Marquette, DePaul, Xavier and Butler, it unbalances the league, with 7 mid-west teams and 5 east teams. One of these teams would have to play in the east division, which I doubt any of them want to do. We have to keep in mind it is all sports, not just basketball. VCU solves that problem, but it means somebody is on the outside looking in... I hope it isn’t us.

The only other solution would be to bring in VCU and one more east school for a 14 team league, but I have not read anything suggesting that is on the table.

I agree that we probably won't be getting an announcement today about the teams that are joining the 7. However . . . . . don't we have to assume that if the new league is talking to Fox about a TV deal, the additional teams have already been decided. I seriously doubt that Fox would be OK with negotiating a huge TV deal if they aren't going to be told who's in the league.

Here's my point: we may not get an announcement today about who's in, but we may get a leak soon that originates from someone at Fox about who's in. There's got to be at least one person over at Fox that doesn't care enough about the new league's secrecy that gives the list to a friend, who gives it to another friend, who gives it to someone in the media.

This article talks about SLU and Crieghton as last 2 in as rumored on this board: http://www.nj.com/college-basketball/index.ssf/2013/01/catholic_7_basketball_schools_currently_feeling_out_potential_tv_rights_partners_according_to_report.html

This article says VCU in the picture and could take that last spot from SLU. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20130109/catholic-7-tv/

The geography concerns me. If Dayton, SLU and Creighton are all in with Marquette, DePaul, Xavier and Butler, it unbalances the league, with 7 mid-west teams and 5 east teams. One of these teams would have to play in the east division, which I doubt any of them want to do. We have to keep in mind it is all sports, not just basketball. VCU solves that problem, but it means somebody is on the outside looking in... I hope it isn’t us.

The only other solution would be to bring in VCU and one more east school for a 14 team league, but I have not read anything suggesting that is on the table.

Seems that first article is just re-reporting most of the second SI article. I'm biased and thus like that he left out VCU in the article but its hard to believe its anything more than just his speculation.

Obviously there are a lot of moving parts. It seems that the things that are safe are the number (12) and that X and Butler will be invited.

I am sure Fox/CBS/whomever has a bit of creative control in the process. They could potentially be the tipping factor on the 11th and 12th teams invited.

Also - for those in the St Louis market is the Speed Channel on Charter/U-verse basics or what level do you have to go to receive it?

I think Fr B knows how to crunch numbers with the best of them, and is aware of our strengths and weaknesses. Also, he realizes that this will be part of his legacy at SLU if he can pull this off. We deserve to be in this new conference, we have been planning for it, waiting for it, now is the time to pull out all the stops, call in all the markers and friggin' make it happen.

My God! I can post again! This is great. Thanks, Steve. (Glad I sent that check...LOL)

mhg