Return of Kwamain

NH

In case y'all forgot, our best player is supposed to return for the upcoming game against SIU-E. This got me thinking about all the ways in which I think Kwamain will help the squad.

Leadership/Swagger

Coming off of a five game win streak, Kwamain's insertion into the lineup will I think instill and/or further a sense of confidence in the team that will really help come conference play. The last time Kwamain was playing we were an NCAA-caliber team and I think his being back will bring back that feeling.

Creating Shots

Kwamain is our best player at breaking people down off the dribble. Him coming back will free up driving lanes for Jordair/Dwayne and threes for Mike/Cody and hopefully Rob. We are currently averaging 1.07 points/possession and have an assist/to ratio of 1.14. I expect both those numbers to go up.

Perimeter Defense

Jordair Jett was pre-season all-defense in the A-10. While he has looked good so far (averaging about 1.8 steals a game) I don't think he's been the shutdown defender he was last year. Kwamain's will return will ease the pressure on him and allow JJ to take on more of a defensive stopper role. This is especially important with Carter's departure.

In general, I am just very excited to see #3 back on the court.

In case y'all forgot, our best player is supposed to return for the upcoming game against SIU-E. This got me thinking about all the ways in which I think Kwamain will help the squad.

Leadership/Swagger

Coming off of a five game win streak, Kwamain's insertion into the lineup will I think instill and/or further a sense of confidence in the team that will really help come conference play. The last time Kwamain was playing we were an NCAA-caliber team and I think his being back will bring back that feeling.

Creating Shots

Kwamain is our best player at breaking people down off the dribble. Him coming back will free up driving lanes for Jordair/Dwayne and threes for Mike/Cody and hopefully Rob. We are currently averaging 1.07 points/possession and have an assist/to ratio of 1.14. I expect both those numbers to go up.

Perimeter Defense

Jordair Jett was pre-season all-defense in the A-10. While he has looked good so far (averaging about 1.8 steals a game) I don't think he's been the shutdown defender he was last year. Kwamain's will return will ease the pressure on him and allow JJ to take on more of a defensive stopper role. This is especially important with Carter's departure.

In general, I am just very excited to see #3 back on the court.

Are we sure he's coming back for SIU-E? Looking at him gingerly move around during the shoot around yesterday makes me skeptical. Granted it wasn't a game situation but Mitchell was moving at only slightly faster than glacial speed and hit about 3-25 shots.......

Are we sure he's coming back for SIU-E? Looking at him gingerly move around during the shoot around yesterday makes me skeptical. Granted it wasn't a game situation but Mitchell was moving at only slightly faster than glacial speed and hit about 3-25 shots.......

Hes moving better than JJ most of the year and hit every shot at the half time break

I watched the replay of last night's game on FSM, and I seem to recall them saying that KM would be playing in Friday's game. Although I had been drinking Irish whiskey for a few hours before the game came on.

Look, the return of KM helps on several levels: 1. provides breathers for MM and JJ - they will be fresher all game now 2. adds to our scoring punch/options on the court - when MM is out we still have a real threat from the perimeter and he can drive the lane - JB has done fine but he is inconsistent and a bit slow on defense 3. provides an emotional lift to the team - we would have beat SC and UW if K< was healthy - the KU game would have been at least closer.

No way KM should star until he is 100 percent

JJ have migraines or get his bell rung early in the LMU game? He went to team doctor for advice during time out what was that all about?

JB actually show potential for steals but having KM healthy should make us as good as this team can be.

This team should be much better in steals and unforced errors- such as Cody traveling out of bounds when he is looking for man to inbound

JJ have migraines or get his bell rung early in the LMU game? He went to team doctor for advice during time out what was that all about?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmnmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, you didn't see what caused Jordair to have his head examined by the team trainer????? I was under the impression that there was only ONE individual who did not see why Jordair needed his head looked at. This leads me to believe that you are that one individual.........GOSLU68 = Joe DeMayo???????

Hard to believe, but demayo was the best ref at yesterdays game. Or maybe we should say least worst man i am glad that was a bad team and a blowout. Pray we never get those three clowns to officiate another slu game.

Hard to believe, but demayo was the best ref at yesterdays game. Or maybe we should say least worst man i am glad that was a bad team and a blowout. Pray we never get those three clowns to officiate another slu game.

I said the exact same thing to my dad as we were leaving yesterday's game. Those guys were absolutely awful.

I said the exact same thing to my dad as we were leaving yesterday's game. Those guys were absolutely awful.

But they were OUR awful refs meaning most of the bad calls went against LMU. Yeah, a couple went against us but I'm sure LMU felt they got a screw job and they'd have every right to feel that way.

But they were OUR awful refs meaning most of the bad calls went against LMU. Yeah, a couple went against us but I'm sure LMU felt they got a screw job and they'd have every right to feel that way.

I thought they were about equally bad for both teams. It was awful to watch.

With about 5 minutes to go in the game I pointed out to my brother that LMU had 9 team fouls and we only had 1. Of course, the refs worked to even that out a bit down the stretch, but nevertheless either we did a great job of not fouling the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half or we had a little bias going our way...

To hear many on this board report it, nearly every time we go on the road we get screwed by the refs but at home we never get any breaks.

There was one play where the ball was clearly out by a Billiken and the refs called it correctly. Then someone called a timeout and when play resumed, they gave it to us to inbound?!?! We were all looking at each other wondering if we missed something, but I guess no one really noticed. Bizarre game.

Back to the return of Kwamain - I cannot imagine he is going to give us many meaningful minutes in the NM game because he will be both out of game shape (unless he has been swimming a lot which is the only real cardio he could do while injured) and will need to get his touch back. That said, I am glad he will get three games (SIU-E, NM, and Savannah State) before conference play begins. Even if he doesn't play a lot in these three games, his presence on the floor, his leadership, will make a difference.

There was one play where the ball was clearly out by a Billiken and the refs called it correctly. Then someone called a timeout and when play resumed, they gave it to us to inbound?!?! We were all looking at each other wondering if we missed something, but I guess no one really noticed. Bizarre game.

That happened right in front of the Shoes. LMU definitely noticed and the refs even talked about it, but Demayo insisted it was our ball. The funny thing was he was the one that originally called if off SLU.