BE7 Future Conference

davidnark

By leaving the two schools out from the beginning allows them to see what all the others will be willing to pay/give up to get into the new conference. It's a bargaining tactic. Let the others compete among themselves and we will end up with a better deal from the two we pick.

I do not follow the politics of the big college sports that closely but I have never heard of a school buying their way in to a conference, but I have never heard of a school buying their way in. Do you have an example of this? You are saying that SLU could buy their way in to the new conference?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Chris May seriously the only person at SLU that wants to be in a picked over A-10? I can't believe this. I heard her on ESPN 101 tonight. This can't be good.

Use common sense. I see this as a good thing. She wouldn't be here for EIU If she didn't have a reason. The way I figure she's nervous and is trying to gauge the mood around SLU. If she's nervous I think that's a good thing.

On a serious note, should we read anything into the fact Chris May has agreed to come on Frank C's show tomorrow under the condition that he will answer any questions about the BE7 honestly and openly without any evasion?

Who knows if that is what will really happen, but I did find it intresting that Frank made a point of saying this at the end of his show when announcing May would be on.

I hate to sound like an idiot but I've been out of St. Louis for a while. Who is Frank C?

To try to stop them from dismantling the conference?

haha, if we had an invite... you think a visit from the A-10 commish (no matter what she was offering) could keep us out of the C7's new conference? puuuuuleeeeeease. i'm sure she is a very smart person & knows she would be wasting everybody's time; therefore, the trip would be cancelled.

haha, if we had an invite... you think a visit from the A-10 commish (no matter what she was offering) could keep us out of the C7's new conference? puuuuuleeeeeease. i'm sure she is a very smart person & knows she would be wasting everybody's time; therefore, the trip would be cancelled.

What kind of commish worth there salt would not at least try. even if the likelihood is .000001 percent (which it is) I would expect my commish to at least try to give a pitch.

What kind of commish worth there salt would not at least try. even if the likelihood is .000001 percent (which it is) I would expect my commish to at least try to give a pitch.

true. but, it's not like we are an important cog in the A-10. I see this visit more as a "hey, so butler, dayton, and X are leaving the A-10... Got any fresh ideas?" I hope I am wrong.

true. but, it's not like we are an important cog in the A-10. I see this visit more as a "hey, so butler, dayton, and X are leaving the A-10... Got any fresh ideas?" I hope I am wrong.

I think in any business, especially conference realignment you act like the best is what's coming and plan for the worst.

If she is any kind of commish she has approached SLU they same exact way as she has approached x, butler, and VCU: "Isn't our conference booming? How nice is it that we will be playing in Jay-Z's new playhouse for our conference tourney? This conference is only going to get better for years to come!"

She knows we have the possibility of being courted, she knows we are gone if we get the invite, and she knows if the Catholic 7 becomes the Catholic 12 there is no way we don't go; on the flipside she knows how important we become to the A10 if we don't get the invite, she knows she will need to take input from us. She's probably not an idiot. But she wouldn't beg, and she wouldn't be naive. To read anymore into this meeting other than she is making the rounds on the schools that may be gone is foolish. Does anyone think x is not going to get an invite into this league? No. Does anyone think that she is not going to have a similar meeting with x? Of course not.

Just a commish doing the job she needs to do in busy times, not anymore than that we can really get from this.

On a serious note, should we read anything into the fact Chris May has agreed to come on Frank C's show tomorrow under the condition that he will answer any questions about the BE7 honestly and openly without any evasion?

Who knows if that is what will really happen, but I did find it intresting that Frank made a point of saying this at the end of his show when announcing May would be on.

He agreed to answer them as long as Frank doesn't ask them.