AIA results thus far

Billiken Law

Beat Elon 73-62 (could have used Bryce)

Lost to SLU - 68-58 (led at half by one)

Lost to UMKC 81-68 (trailed entire game)

Lost to SIUC - 74-65 (trailed by 19 at the half)

Lost to Indiana in OT - 70-68

Beat Wake Forest - 77-75 (last second 30 footer to win)

Lost to Cal - 83-75 (trailed entire game)

They play LoRo's Huskies tonight. UW beat EA Sports last week 89-78.

i think according to that little brochure they handed out before the game that the real core and vast majority of the roster goes unchanged each game. now they may take turns in pt though. we dont know that. i know i read in the wake summary all the same names that played us. so i think at least wake played our team.

I passed on your comments the last time re the AIA game and the team but now I just have to reply. Why is it that you assume that the Bills must have beaten a bad team and the others played a better team? The fact is that there is only one AIA team and we saw their stars. The reason they looked "rusty" as one person put it is because our defense was outstanding. We pressured the guards relentlessly and fought over the screens. Sears got only 5 shots even though he was setting up way outside.

Why can't you for once give our Bills some credit--note the high scores for AIA in other games--the reason is simple--we defend as well as anyone. We were sloppy on offense but we scored enough to win. We can play better. How about some positives for a change?

1 team, and all the guys play close to every game.

The little fat guy is funny. What is he 5'9 220. He got heavy minutes a couple years ago but now appears to be some sort of player/coach.

I was just wondering if there was some kind of player rotation or playing down to the level of the opponent. Ususally, teams that get punked by UMKC will not take Indiana to overtime or beat Wake Forest.

I do give the Bills credit for the victory. I just wonder how much credit to give them. If you haven't seen the Bills destroy two exhibition teams and then have a losing season you haven't been watching very long.

I'm sorry for offending your tender sensibilities by questioning just how good the AIA team is. I was not being negative. Keep your fangs in till Triangle and Too gets out of therapy.

I think "bite me" is a good indication of who might have tender sensibilities. I have seen us beat exhibition teams and then lose game when they count. It could happen again. But I saw this team and it had some talented players that we shut down with our defense. If not defended correctly I think that AIA team could beat a lot of teams on a given night--i.e. Indiana and Wake Forest. I am just frustrated by your assumption that if we beat them then it must be a different team that beat Wake and took Indiana to overtime.

Relax dude! I was weighing Wake Forest vs the fighting Roos of UMKC. If you don't wonder about how good the exhibition competition is, beating NBC Thunder by 20 and breaking 100 against the Cal Allstars and then losing to LA Tech must've just blown your mind!

Being happy that a team we beat went on to beat Wake or take Indy to the buzzer is fine. I'm happy with our performance as well! I'd like to think that a team the would knock off Wake could beat the hell out of UMKC. They did not and as such I'll reserve judgement on just how good we can be this year for a while. If that troubles you, tough.

when I read the comment asking whether or not this was the same team I just assumed he figured it was similar to squads like EA All-Stars, Team Nike, etc. who have many teams to play regionally. Seriously, seeing that the same team lost to UMKC Roos but beat Wake and Indiana makes one wonder if there are multiple teams.

About freakin Exb games and who the Exb teams beat or did not beat. They are strictly put on to get some of the bugs out before the real games that count. I would never think that beating an Exb team would be a solid preview to how the rest of the season would fare for our Billikens. I'm only concerned with what we do once the ball is thrown up for real the first time. What the heck, I do enjoy reading a

p!ssing contest here every now and then.

I agree. I do remember getting stoked about breaking 100 in that Cal allstars game though. Then I wanted to off myself after the LA Tech loss. In any case I was seriously asking a question which occured to me because of the vastly different results seen in their games. I was not intending to start any contests with my comments. Once invited though, I'll slug it out with anybody.

Rich, I agree - I think it was a fair assumption. As far as picking out the negatives, I think everyone does that as much as the positives. If this board only posted positive comments, then we'd only have half the threads posted. Disagreements, comments, and differing opinions is good.

maybe it adds sensibility to a theory i have always believed that in reality, after the first 10 teams or so, there isnt much difference between the next 70-80 teams. on a given night that 80 team will beat that 15. maybe umkc is a little better than what people give credit, and maybe the mighty wake isnt as good as people give credit. unfortunately, just being in their respective conferences will make it appear each year as though umkc doesnt belong in the same sentence as wake. another reason everybody should be in the ncaa tourney not just the pretend top 65.