OT: Duke in trouble?

kshoe

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm not buying the whole, "he will have proof" remark, either. What proof? Anecdotes to rebut anecdotes? "He knows who took sociology, all of it." Does he have all of Duke's class registers? "Now he has a degree from a top 20 law school." Congrats, but does that mean he knows more about Duke basketball players because of it? I hope he can construct more logical arguments than his pop (or owner, the way MB73 writes it).

It sounds to me like his proof was a bit of a stalker

Thanks for taking a break from perfect English when you post here. It makes your posts a lot more enjoyable.

And seriously, I'd really like to see him mop the floor with us midgets. He might get disbarred for such an act, but it'd sure be fun at the time. That is, if he can take time out of his busy ambulance chasing schedule.

And you're right, I do have an agenda. It is twofold: first, I find the culture of Duke basketball to be pretentious, arrogant, and sanctimonious. They have had their on-court successes and off-court culture built up to such a degree by the sports media, who has also constructed the hagiography of Coach K to the same or higher degree, that there is nowhere to go but down. So any time there's a scandal or even a misstep it's hard not to take a degree of schadenfreude in it, given that this is a program I never sought out but as a college basketball fan has been shoved in my face as the pinnacle all that is good in college athletics. And I'm not the kind of sap to buy into it.

Second, my agenda is driven by the fact that I have three days left at work and nothing to do, so I visit here more often. It's hard here in assistant teller school, having to make deposits, figure out change for a $20, convert USD into CAD, and so forth. I was never able to figure out much of it so they forced me to drop out and Thursday is my last day.

So if an "agenda" means that I am one of the 95% of college basketball fans who find everyone associated with Duke to be insufferable douchebags and that I'm a failed teller enjoying the internet during my lame duck week, then yes, I have an agenda.

can you print me some extra deposit slips before you go?

Thanks for taking a break from perfect English when you post here. It makes your posts a lot more enjoyable.

And seriously, I'd really like to see him mop the floor with us midgets. He might get disbarred for such an act, but it'd sure be fun at the time. That is, if he can take time out of his busy ambulance chasing schedule.

And you're right, I do have an agenda. It is twofold: first, I find the culture of Duke basketball to be pretentious, arrogant, and sanctimonious. They have had their on-court successes and off-court culture built up to such a degree by the sports media, who has also constructed the hagiography of Coach K to the same or higher degree, that there is nowhere to go but down. So any time there's a scandal or even a misstep it's hard not to take a degree of schadenfreude in it, given that this is a program I never sought out but as a college basketball fan has been shoved in my face as the pinnacle all that is good in college athletics. And I'm not the kind of sap to buy into it.

Second, my agenda is driven by the fact that I have three days left at work and nothing to do, so I visit here more often. It's hard here in assistant teller school, having to make deposits, figure out change for a $20, convert USD into CAD, and so forth. I was never able to figure out much of it so they forced me to drop out and Thursday is my last day.

So if an "agenda" means that I am one of the 95% of college basketball fans who find everyone associated with Duke to be insufferable douchebags and that I'm a failed teller enjoying the internet during my lame duck week, then yes, I have an agenda.

Good word!

Pistol's just a 24-7 obsessive stalker foo-foo liberal commie boy who got cut from the freshman C-team -- so he uses this internet nut board to be an internet tough guy with all of his buddy buddies.

He bikes to work, just like those dope smoking liberals in Holland. He's probably saving for a Prius, though he'll drive it 80 mph in the left lane on the highway.

I like Duke but am I missing something here?

Rules are rules. If you take ANY amount of money it is against NCAA rules and those games should have been vacated. It doesnt matter what it was for, how much it was, or if other schools are doing it too.

Remember Majerus' Utes received 3 years probation for taking Keith Van Horn to breakfast after his father passed and for taking another player for pizza to discuss his upcoming mormon mission. THose dont seem like a big deal to me but rules were broken and the school was punished.

I can get pulled over with a gram of coke or an 8-ball and either way Im getting arrested.

I can get pulled over doing 70 in a 60 or 90 in a 60 either way I am getting a ticket.

I think the NCAA can be overly strict on a lot of things but those are the rules and until they are changed they need to be followed.

The NCAA should not pick and choose when to inforce the rules and who to inforce them against.

Pistol's just a 24-7 obsessive stalker foo-foo liberal commie boy who got cut from the freshman C-team -- so he uses this internet nut board to be an internet tough guy with all of his buddy buddies.

REALITY

He bikes to work, just like those dope smoking liberals in Holland. He's probably saving for a Prius, though he'll drive it 80 mph in the left lane on the highway.

ALSO REALITY

I was cut from the freshman C-team (I was 4'10 90 LBs my freshman year)

I also ride my bike to work and am a dope smoking liberal(at least on somethings)

But I dont see myself as an internet tough guy so I would appreciate it if you stopped with the stereo types! Stereo Types can Hurt!!

So you know absolutely nothing (hey, that would be a good title for your autobiography) but throw a hissy fit and challenge a totally competent knowledgeable individual who was there for 4 yrs and knew the professors and took the classes himself and knew the basketball players (Sheldon scared him) and how the whole system works and that Sociology was the same for all students and YES (he is a lawyer) would provide proof and testimony from qualified indivduals... and by the way does not really give a sh*t about the basketball team... really... that is his nature... he watched 10 mins of the Championship Game vs. Butler, was in his apt studying abut had time to watch it and didn't.

But you choose to blindly support broy who heard a third hand rumor myth about sociology class and liked it because it fits his jealous agenda. Like yours.