OT: Duke in trouble?

kshoe

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know that there are people that pray every night for things like this to happen to Duke. I'm one of those people.

In the name of everything that is holy, I hope and pray to Christ almighty that the NCAA does to Duke what it did to Michigan.

duke in trouble? that surprises anyone? basketball program has been a cheater for a long time. ncaa just kept their head turned "for the better of college basketball".

What a year it could be for the NCAA. Getting the stick out for two of the most phony "good guys", Coach K and Joe Paterno.

It is assinine to compare the two.

Show some class.

Paterno ignored a pedophile for 10+ yrs on his campus, his former assistant, this has gone to criminal court, dozens of felony counts, etc.

http://www.cbssports...-unpaid-jewelry

http://www.cbssports...national-title?

Who knows, Butler could end up being the 2010 national champs...

Will be curious as to MB73's take on this one.

Too early to tell what really happened here, he borrowed money to buy jewelry from a seedy character. Not good. Makes you wonder and sure, it makes Duke look bad. But not sure who is involved, who is to blame, if anything truly was out of bounds of NCAA rules. TBD.

Of course, now, all the jealous losers who love to hate Duke will have their fun... it is a national phenomenon.

Insecure? Lack of self esteem? Little man? Never made a varsity high school real sport team? Your college hoops team isn't top notch? You could not get admitted to Duke, could not cut the mustard? All this = HATE DUKE!

(did you expect less from me?)

Moose breath, you fail to understand the reason people hate Duke.

Duke is held on a pedestal by the NCAA, referees, and media. It's not jealousy. It is over exposure.

Most rational folks see right through the phony baloney Coach K. He is doing the exact same things that Calipari, Huggins, etc. are doing. This lawsuit and subsequent investigation will prove that beyond a reasonable doubt.

And comparing him to Paterno is completely reasonable. Both the NCAA poster boys for a "clean program" at this time last year, they could both be tarnished within a year of each other. It has come out that Paterno wasn't the confused old man he played, but dark overlord of Xreepy Valley. Coach K , while hopefully not covering up child rape, executes the Dike MBB program in a similar way.

Duke is held on a pedestal by the NCAA, referees, and media. It's not jealousy. It is over exposure.

Most rational folks see right through the phony baloney Coach K. He is doing the exact same things that Calipari, Huggins, etc. are doing. This lawsuit and subsequent investigation will prove that beyond a reasonable doubt.

And comparing him to Paterno is completely reasonable. Both the NCAA poster boys for a "clean program" at this time last year, they could both be tarnished within a year of each other. It has come out that Paterno wasn't the confused old man he played, but dark overlord of Xreepy Valley. Coach K , while hopefully not covering up child rape, executes the Dike MBB program in a similar way.

Wow!

A rare full fledged loon "10" Duke hater.

Coach K = comparable to Paterno? Please provide specifics.

Really?! Wow you are insane

And comparing him to Paterno is completely reasonable. Both the NCAA poster boys for a "clean program" at this time last year, they could both be tarnished within a year of each other. It has come out that Paterno wasn't the confused old man he played, but dark overlord id Xreepy Valley. Coach K , while hopefully not covering up child rape, executes the Dike MBB program in a similar way.

I can understand comparing the programs with both being top level programs facing penalties, but comparing Coach K to Paterno is fu©king crazy. Coach K may have been involved or looked the other way when players were getting money or gifts. Paterno, for fifteen years, covered up one of his coworkers repeatedly anal raping little boys. Coach K may have cheated but Paterno is a criminal piece of SH!T.

I can understand comparing the programs with both being top level programs facing penalties, but comparing Coach K to Paterno is fu©king crazy. Coach K may have been involved or looked the other way when players were getting money or gifts. Paterno, for fifteen years, covered up one of his coworkers repeatedly anal raping little boys. Coach K may have cheated but Paterno is a criminal piece of SH!T.

My point was not that K was covering up child rape. I agree that Paterno is burning in hell. My point is that 1 year ago today both coaches were held as the poster boys of clean programs, even though they' never were.

My point was not that K was covering up child rape. I agree that Paterno is burning in hell. My point is that 1 year ago today both coaches were held as the poster boys of clean programs, even though they' never were.

Nice try.

That is not what you wrote.

Nice try.

That is not what you wrote.

Actually it is exactly what I wrote. You have a reading problem Better get your spectacles checked. Borrow the cash from mom.

"

Both the NCAA poster boys for a "clean program" at this time last year, they could both be tarnished within a year of each other. It has come out that Paterno wasn't the confused old man he played, but dark overlord of Xreepy Valley. Coach K , while hopefully not covering up child rape, executes the Dike MBB program in a similar way."

I wish I was optimistic that Duke would get clipped, but everyone knows that they are the NCAA's darling and they are protected. If they do get sanctions against them, I only ask that the NCAA outlaws overated white point guard from slapping the floor on defense.

Please provide information that Duke is protected by the NCAA other than something made up, written by a nut North Carolina blogger or something like that...

I will wait for documentation.

Please provide information that Duke is protected by the NCAA other than something made up, written by a nut North Carolina blogger or something like that...

I will wait for documentation.

if the ncaa didnt turn their head and there was solid documentation, duke would already have been penalized.

chris duhon and carlos boozer's parents getting outrageous jobs (for what they did) while their kids were at duke and jason william's academic farce are good enough examples to show that all isnt on the up and up at duke over the years. if you want to continue to believe all is crystal clean, have at it

if the ncaa didnt turn their head and there was solid documentation, duke would already have been penalized.

chris duhon and carlos boozer's parents getting outrageous jobs (for what they did) while their kids were at duke and jason william's academic farce are good enough examples to show that all isnt on the up and up at duke over the years. if you want to continue to believe all is crystal clean, have at it

You're probably 4'11" tall.

That is BS, some old far fetched stuff.