Schedule

Fansince59

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes sense to do the closed door scrimmage this year, rather than have a 19th game. 18 has been the number in the past and since ticket prices haven't changed, the $25 per game holds true. Next year we probably won't be able to squeeze 18 home games (we've already got 3 road games scheduled) so going to 17 from 18 is a lot more reasonable than 17 from 19.

I count 19 home games. Up 1 from last season (or 2 not counting Illinois-Springfield). You're getting an extra game (or if they drop an exhibition game, you're trading a game that doesn't count for one that does).

1 NOV-12 SOUTH CAROLINA-UPSTATE

2 NOV-14 SANTA CLARA

3 NOV-24 SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

4 DEC-2 VALPARAISO

5 DEC-5 NORTH TEXAS

6 DEC-15 UT-MARTIN

7 DEC-19 EASTERN ILLINOIS

8 DEC-22 LOYOLA MARYMOUNT

9 DEC-28 SIU-EDWARDSVILLE

10 DEC-31 NEW MEXICO

11 JAN-4 SAVANNAH STATE

12 JAN-10 MASSACHUSETTS

13 JAN-19 RHODE ISLAND

14 JAN-31 BUTLER

15 FEB-2 DAYTON

16 FEB-16 CHARLOTTE

17 FEB-19 VCU

18 FEB-27 SAINT JOSEPH’S

19 MAR-9 LA SALLE

I count 19 home games. Up 1 from last season (or 2 not counting Illinois-Springfield). You're getting an extra game (or if they drop an exhibition game, you're trading a game that doesn't count for one that does).

1 NOV-12 SOUTH CAROLINA-UPSTATE

2 NOV-14 SANTA CLARA

3 NOV-24 SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

4 DEC-2 VALPARAISO

5 DEC-5 NORTH TEXAS

6 DEC-15 UT-MARTIN

7 DEC-19 EASTERN ILLINOIS

8 DEC-22 LOYOLA MARYMOUNT

9 DEC-28 SIU-EDWARDSVILLE

10 DEC-31 NEW MEXICO

11 JAN-4 SAVANNAH STATE

12 JAN-10 MASSACHUSETTS

13 JAN-19 RHODE ISLAND

14 JAN-31 BUTLER

15 FEB-2 DAYTON

16 FEB-16 CHARLOTTE

17 FEB-19 VCU

18 FEB-27 SAINT JOSEPH’S

19 MAR-9 LA SALLE

Yeah, when I was driving home I realized I had miscounted (by 2!) and changed by post to a "nm" but you beat me too it. 19 regular season home games is undoubtedly a record.

Personally, I think its pretty ridiculous because it will negatively impact the RPI this year (whether its merely a matter of seeding or actually getting in the dance will of course depend on how many wins we have) and it leads to an imbalance with next year. We've got 3 road games already on the books for next season (Valpo, SIUC, SIUE) and no known home games. We are going to have to find a few home and home quality opponents that want to start a series at SLU if we are going to have any kind of a home schedule other than buy games. I don't understand why they didn't make the Valpo game a road game or even call up SIUE and see if we can start the series at their place this year, just to balance things out a little bit.

It was poor planning and while this year no season ticket holder will complain about having an extra home game or two, next year we are probably going to be shorted one and this problem could have been avoided.

Yeah, when I was driving home I realized I had miscounted (by 2!) and changed by post to a "nm" but you beat me too it. 19 regular season home games is undoubtedly a record.

Personally, I think its pretty ridiculous because it will negatively impact the RPI this year (whether its merely a matter of seeding or actually getting in the dance will of course depend on how many wins we have) and it leads to an imbalance with next year. We've got 3 road games already on the books for next season (Valpo, SIUC, SIUE) and no known home games. We are going to have to find a few home and home quality opponents that want to start a series at SLU if we are going to have any kind of a home schedule other than buy games. I don't understand why they didn't make the Valpo game a road game or even call up SIUE and see if we can start the series at their place this year, just to balance things out a little bit.

It was poor planning and while this year no season ticket holder will complain about having an extra home game or two, next year we are probably going to be shorted one and this problem could have been avoided.

At least those three away games for next year listed so far are pretty close to St. Louis. I'm sure I will make the trip with more students that we can get together.

By the way, I don't like the move from 11/9 to 11/12 for the USC-Upstate game. More time to practice, but I'd rather see 2 days between that and the Santa Clara game.

That 10-day stretch between North Texas and UT-Martin is going to feel like forever. This board will surely descend into madness in that time. We also have week-long stretches between Temple and Rhode Island (1/12-1/19) and Richmond and Charlotte (2/9-2/16). Three stretches of one week or more without a game seems like a lot.

Where do you see this? Everything I read has the 9th including slubillikens.com. I would much rather this be a Friday game.

Where do you see this? Everything I read has the 9th including slubillikens.com. I would much rather this be a Friday game.

It was listed on here as the 12th. http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/atl10/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/2012-13/schedule/schedule.pdf

Hopefully its the 9th as a Friday night game is far more preferable than a Monday night with only 1 days rest before Santa Clara.

Edit: kshoe beat me to it. I echo his comments. Which one is correct?

Here's Timmerman's article: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/slu-basketball-schedule-is-set/article_642e0ca9-b9b2-5c2e-9a07-43d3e6b28076.html

I had forgotten to point out that we don't have a non-Division I game in the middle of the season. No more of those stupid (which eventually became brilliant, and then stupid again) "Does Rockhurst Count?" discussions on here.

Timmerman points out that this is the most "cost efficient" schedule we could possibly have. I'd rather have a tougher one than a cheaper one, but I guess that is a silver lining. I liked this quote:

"The full television schedule hasn't been set yet. CBS Sports Network will televise six games and ESPNU has three. ESPN and ESPN2 have yet to choose their games, but SLU, which reached the round of 32 in the NCAA Tournament last season, figures to be a popular choice."

I don't think North Texas is a blowout game at all, it actually scares me a little.

Santa Clara should be better than last year.

With Kansas, A&M, Washington, New Mexico, Valpo and North Texas, it seems, to me, like a better OOC than the last few years.

Tony Mitchell is at North Texas. He was a 5-star who signed with Mizzou and failed to qualify. Big-time talent.

Kansas is not a given. Even assuming we get them, with 1 true road game and not a ton of big names, this one is not strong at all. The past few have been pretty weak, too.

Tony Mitchell is at North Texas. He was a 5-star who signed with Mizzou and failed to qualify. Big-time talent.

Kansas is not a given. Even assuming we get them, with 1 true road game and not a ton of big names, this one is not strong at all. The past few have been pretty weak, too.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/story/_/id/7635882/north-texas-mean-green-forward-tony-mitchell-creating-buzz-nba-circles

I don't think North Texas is a blowout game at all, it actually scares me a little.

Santa Clara should be better than last year.

With Kansas, A&M, Washington, New Mexico, Valpo and North Texas, it seems, to me, like a better OOC than the last few years.

Last year we played 6 OOC games away from home. This year its 3. That is a big discrepancy and will hurt the schedule strength materially even if the teams we play are on-average better than they were last year.

:lol: