2012-2013 Billikens

moytoy12

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, don't tell me how I know this, but I just figured it out. ManMythLegend is... Kyle Cassity

Made this post before explaining my theory to a buddy who would understand my claims... and he pointed out that ManMythLegend's "favorite billiken" is.... KYLE CASSITY

Pretty good. Calling this one in!

Good. The last thing I want is for our guys to get lost in Finkle on the way to the court.

It does happen. As a matter of fact a Xavier player got so lost he knocked a drinking fountain off the wall at Hinkle.

http://craigfehrman.com/2012/03/01/a-profile-of-xaviers-chris-mack/

Later that year, in the Butler game that ended with a bizarre game-clock error, Tu Holloway had to be restrained from charging into the crowd. Afterward, a Xavier player allegedly tore a water fountain off the wall of Hinkle Fieldhouse.

It does happen. As a matter of fact a Xavier player got so lost he knocked a drinking fountain off the wall at Hinkle.

http://craigfehrman....ers-chris-mack/

Later that year, in the Butler game that ended with a bizarre game-clock error, Tu Holloway had to be restrained from charging into the crowd. Afterward, a Xavier player allegedly tore a water fountain off the wall of Hinkle Fieldhouse.

Xavier got absolutely fuoked by the refs and scorekeepers in that game. I was there. Never seen such an egregious (intentional?) clock stoppage twice in the last mintue, both of which gave Butler extra seconds to make the game-winning shot. Never seen the refs end a game early like that, made even more baffling by them taking only one of the clock stoppages into account. If the scorekeeper didn't stop the clock twice, Hayward never would have had a chance to shoot. If the refs had subtracted all the time that was stopped instead of just the second one, Hayward's shot wouldn't have counted. If the refs had allowed any time left on the clock to happen, Xavier would have gotten one more desperation shot.

By the way, I saw Frease hit the soda machine and drinking fountain. He didn't tear it off the wall, just gave it a good punch. Because of Hinkle's strange architecture, both teams have to pass through public hallways to get to the locker rooms, so the fans were backed up on the ramp watching them go back. So your information is crap. I saw it with my own eyes.

By the way, I saw Frease hit the soda machine and drinking fountain. He didn't tear it off the wall, just gave it a good punch. Because of Hinkle's strange architecture, both teams have to pass through public hallways to get to the locker rooms, so the fans were backed up on the ramp watching them go back. So your information is crap. I saw it with my own eyes.

My info came straight from the internet. I was just making light of the comment that someone could get lost at Hinkle Fieldhouse. (Actually some of my info came from a Butler fan who also saw what happened)

Defending Xavier's thugs doesn't sound like something a SLU fan would do. Why does a player need to slug a soda machine or drinking fountain in the first place.

My info came straight from the internet. I was just making light of the comment that someone could get lost at Hinkle Fieldhouse. (Actually some of my info came from a Butler fan who also saw what happened)

Defending Xavier's thugs doesn't sound like something a SLU fan would do. Why does a player need to slug a soda machine or drinking fountain in the first place.

I'm not defending anyone. I'm just reporting what I saw, and without the bias of a Butler fan who needs to justify having just seen a basketball game stolen in his team's favor, or a Xavier fan trying to make Kenny Frease seem less embarrassing.

I personally like both programs, as they represent a reasonable level of success for a program like SLU. I narrowly chose to go to SLU over Butler (and Richmond), and I'm married to a Xavier fan. I have every reason to like both of them and now I get to enjoy a healthy rivalry with both because I'm a SLU fan first and foremost.

If Frease had torn a water fountain out of the wall, I would not make my story less impressive. I would report it. However, that's just not what happened. He hit it pretty damn hard, along with a Pepsi machine (which, because of the give of the Plexiglass, suffered no damage). That's all.

And to answer the question "Why?" - watch the last minute of that game again, keeping a close eye on the clock. I would have been pretty ###### pissed, too. Hitting vending machines and water fountains probably isn't the best response but is far from "thug" behavior.

who is this bbtds? is there a reason we care about getting so much indiana schools information?

I think he's a valpo fan. He posted quite a story about sitting next to Todd Lickliters wife at a highschool game a couple days ago.

I think he's a valpo fan. He posted quite a story about sitting next to Todd Lickliters wife at a highschool game a couple days ago.

todd was the butler coach when that happened though wasnt he?

That has my vote for "Most Pointless Post of the Year." And I'm including the "Recruiting" thread even after it went insane.

I love how a thread with a title as innocuous as "Recruiting" managed to devolve into udder madness.

The best part is that there are going to be random people visiting the board to find information and they'll innocently click on that thread. If you see a thread 9 pages long you figure there is a going to be a bunch of info being shared about that subject. I feel kind of bad for anyone going to that thread looking for some actual recruiting information. :D

The best part is that there are going to be random people visiting the board to find information and they'll innocently click on that thread. If you see a thread 9 pages long you figure there is a going to be a bunch of info being shared about that subject. I feel kind of bad for anyone going to that thread looking for some actual recruiting information. :D

I'd hope any outsider would give up by page 3. When page 1 is already batsh!t by the end, it's not going to circle back to good recruiting information.

After years of following now i can speak my mind! First off GG captain, never will happen in our lifetimes.

Not Cassity good try. Even though he is a boss hence why he is my favorite player. GG would lead this team to a tattoo parlor that is about it, so yes never! That is a trick question there are no stoplights in Tamaroa!!! Boom roasted.

Gotcha. Only speculating because I randomly met KC about 2 weeks ago at Pickleman's (sandwich shop next to Humps).. We spotted him, called him out, and next thing he was sitting with us, eating his meal, and answering any Bills question we could think to ask, at 3am. "Loved" some players, "HATED" others. Not to imply GG was the "hated", but when we asked about his possible presence in the low-post, KC's reply was along the lines of "are you serious? you know he's 6'5", right?" Conversely, he seemed pretty optimistic/excited about JM.

Also the Bills board itself was mentioned, so after reading MML's initial comments again, something made me draw this rash conclusion. I wasn't even aware that anyone referred to KC as "Man, Myth, Legend", torch.

Gotcha. Only speculating because I randomly met KC about 2 weeks ago at Pickleman's (sandwich shop next to Humps).. We spotted him, called him out, and next thing he was sitting with us, eating his meal, and answering any Bills question we could think to ask, at 3am. "Loved" some players, "HATED" others. Not to imply GG was the "hated", but when we asked about his possible presence in the low-post, KC's reply was along the lines of "are you serious? you know he's 6'5", right?" Conversely, he seemed pretty optimistic/excited about JM.

Also the Bills board itself was mentioned, so after reading MML's initial comments again, something made me draw this rash conclusion. I wasn't even aware that anyone referred to KC as "Man, Myth, Legend", torch.

Conklin introduced him as such either at Sr night or at a Billiken club meeting I attended.

Also any right thinking billikens.com poster would have recorded said conversation with Cassity and posted the best parts to the board immediately. Why are we only hearing about this 2 weeks hence?

Conklin introduced him as such either at Sr night or at a Billiken club meeting I attended.

Also any right thinking billikens.com poster would have recorded said conversation with Cassity and posted the best parts to the board immediately. Why are we only hearing about this 2 weeks hence?

Wasn't sure whether to post but easily persuaded:

Asked KC if he thought KM would/could assume most of BC's leadership role. His answer was a flat, "I hate KM", which took us back for a second. Might have actually repeated it. Obviously stood out along with the jabs at GG's lack of size/prospects. As loyal KM fans and Day-1-GG-believers, we may have decided KC was a little jilted by his Sr. season at SLU, or something.

For positives, he said JM had legit size, and made it sound like he would be a beast down low. He RAVED about JJ. Said RM was pretty the much the hardass depicted in all the stories.

A recorder would have helped.