Where do you guys see us finishing next season in the A10 ???

Gotta be pre-season #1. This team could be so good next year, but hope our guys take the Conklin route and get up a thousand shots a day in the off-season. The erratic shooting was maddening at times, and Rickma's offense will get us open shots. Between Rob, Cody, KM, MM from the arc, and Dwayne and JJ from mid-range we have the potential to fill it up night after night.

It's a no-brainer that we'll be picked to finish first in the A-10. The real question is if, and where will the Bills be ranked in the pre-season top 25?

I predict 23rd in pre-season coaches poll. We'll move up to top 15 after we beat Kansas, and stay in the polls the entire year.

Umass wil only graduate senior center Sean Carter --- not a huge loss. I thought Maxie Esho was playing really well in the A10 tournament and against Alabama in the NIT. He should be an able, and more offensively versatile, replacement. But as kwjybo points out, do not confuse Derek Kellogg's recruiting ability with his on-floor coaching ability.

The Temple folks told me in AC that Scootie Randle would be getting a medical redshirt and be back next year. That will combine him with Hollis-Jefferson, Khalif Wyatt, Anthony Lee and TJ DiLeo for Temple. Plus you know their kids will be Philly tough and ready. I wouldn't underestimate them next year in the conference.

I don't know why everyone is heaping love on St. Joe's. Yes, somehow the fifth place team in the conference had five guys named to some portion of the all A10 teams but I see them limited. Yet, I still see the east coast media even voting them the preseason A10 pick, although again I think that's a bad bet. I don't think they are all that skilled but that's me.

Xavier is hurting in my book. No way they are picked top three, even if Lyons returns to play with Wells. They have no able backcourt in Davis or Redford stepping up. Their front line is atrocious --- getting absolutley nothing from Taylor, Robinson or Martin this year. Sure, they have four incoming recruits all with over 90 ratings but the key there is they are freshmen just the same. Talk about luck --- they get a challenged Notre dame team in the NCAAs and then live large off Lehigh's upset of Duke.

Dayton loses a lot and is counting on two transfers (Gtown and LSU) to add to Dillard, Kavanaugh and the surgically repaired Benson. Of course, the SVU crowd will have them considerably overrated once again.

The Bonnies had their year. La Salle loses Pettis. Richmond has a good coach and is young. The A10 will be its usual self again.

The Bills wil need to find a playing and emotional leader aspect for Conklin. As we saw in Columbus, the outside shots of Ellis and McCall and Mitchell sometimes go south. We need some sort of inside presence to keep the defense honest again. I think we will spend a lot of the OOC schedule looking for that so we are ready come league play.

We should win the conference next year, period. That being said, La Salle is my sleeper team.

@AMDG --- La Salle!?! Wow! That is bold. They were six deep, occassionally throwing Steve Zack into the fray obvioulsy under-prepared. They lose Pettis, their one true scorer and only have a freshman center signed for next year.

I'm going with Richmond. Still, bold pick on your part.

I agree the A-10 will still be a real good conference next year. But we will dominate it. All our home games will sell out, even if not everyone shows for some OOC games, there will be 10K + every game. The student section will be full and loud all year, they have the best deal in town and will line up early to get in. I'm not worried about the big guys developing, RM & company will see to that.

My questions are what will the assistant coaching staff look like and will the super frosh have an impact?

I think it is possible that we can have a season like St. Joe's had in 2004. St. Joe went 23-7 overall in 2003 with a close first round NCAA loss to Auburn before having their miraculous season in 2004. They were basically a guard-oriented offense, just like SLU will be next year. Let me make a bold, head-still-in-the-clouds prediction for next season:

28-2 regular season

13-1 non-conference

15-1 conference

3-0 conference tourney (auto berth)

#3 seed (but should be a #2 or even #1)

Elite Eight

Overall record 34-3

Kwamain Mitchell A-10 POY and 2nd Team All-American

Dwayne Evans 1st Team A-10

Jordair Jett A-10 Defensive POY

Rick Majerus National COY

Personally, I think this is a very reachable goal next season, on all levels.

I think it is possible that we can have a season like St. Joe's had in 2004. St. Joe went 23-7 overall in 2003 with a close first round NCAA loss to Auburn before having their miraculous season in 2004. They were basically a guard-oriented offense, just like SLU will be next year. Let me make a bold, head-still-in-the-clouds prediction for next season:

28-2 regular season

13-1 non-conference

15-1 conference

Elite Eight

Overall record 34-3

I just got goose bumps reading that! That's pretty heady stuff. May be a little optimistic (definitely could happen, but everything would have to go perfectly), but it's fun to think about.

28-2 regular season

13-1 non-conference

15-1 conference

Elite Eight

Overall record 34-3

I can't remember where I read about the non-conference schedule for next year but I know it includes playing against the CBE teasms, New Mexico and LMU coming here, us going to Washington. Do we go to UVM or Portland?

I think we should be the best team in conference, everybody else seems to be losing more than us.

Next season has the makings to be more successful than this year for sure.