Keith Carter continues to impress

You can never have too many good guards. I love getting a kid who is a winning player for a high profile program like Proviso. It will be very interesting to see who gets KC's minutes next year. MM and JJ will pick up some of those minutes, but who will be the 4th guard... Carter or Barnett? The true point guard or the shooting guard?

He is going to be a great Billiken. Seems to have McCall's quickness combined with Mitchell's savvy. We'll see if he can put it together at the college level, but he is, as Majerus has said, the best guard he has recruited here at SLU.

Also, if anyone has time to kill, they can watch the championship game of the Proviso West Holiday Tournament (at which he earned MVP honors, I believe) on YouTube

I love Barnett's attitude and seemingly high basketball IQ but he seems to lack the lateral quickness to be viable on the defensive end. I would bet Carter gets more minutes than him right off the bat.

Speaking of our guards, does anyone have any idea what is up with the Greek kid?

Agree, Tarheel, and supposedly he's got a possible on the West Coast. I don't want to get Taj Mahal too excited to the point he's projecting who's scholly he might take, after all TM79 had JJ outta here last summer, but I think someone said he was a big. We need more bigs. As for JB, he better work his arse off over the summer or he's gonna be PO'd he ever left the sunny climes of Toledo.

even justin "the airplane" johnson did better.

7 goose eggs freshman year

7 sophomore

8 junior

13 senior

justin johnson played 11.3 MPG for his career. dwayne polk played 25.7. i will never again rip on kyle cassity. i took it WAY too easy on dwayne polk. horrible. pathetic. ABYSMAL.

You can never have too many good guards. I love getting a kid who is a winning player for a high profile program like Proviso. It will be very interesting to see who gets KC's minutes next year. MM and JJ will pick up some of those minutes, but who will be the 4th guard... Carter or Barnett? The true point guard or the shooting guard?

Barnett looks like he might go the way of Salesich (sp?) Jett, by himself, is worthy of KC's minutes, and we have superior talent coming in...and a Greek with a redshirt year who knows the RM defense and pick and roll...

even justin "the airplane" johnson did better.

7 goose eggs freshman year

7 sophomore

8 junior

13 senior

justin johnson played 11.3 MPG for his career. dwayne polk played 25.7. i will never again rip on kyle cassity. i took it WAY too easy on dwayne polk. horrible. pathetic. ABYSMAL.

Polk couldn't make a shot for 4 years for us. He played on the STL Pioneers semi pro team last year, led them in scoring. :wacko: