TV for Duquesne

Pistol

LOL this board has absolutely NO sense of humor... just like the average Billiken Fan sitting on their hands every game

Correction, this board has NO common sense...

But seriously, you should have just gone to a bar. That said, 99.99% of people in California have never heard of SLU or a Billiken so our game would take priority over a women's minor league soccer team.

And how is anyone surprised we have no TV? Seems par for the course.

How much does it cost to televise a game like this? 3 camera men, a director, a sound guy and a couple of commentators? Is that all we need?

Anybody got any idea what the cost is?

That can't be all that's necessary. I don't know how it works but you can be sure that if it was that easy this game would be televised. I can almost guarantee it takes a lot more than that.

No offense, but I don't ever see myself going to a place called Shenanigans in Edwardsville.

Dont knock it till you try it. If ever in the area stop by. Awesome wings and cheap drink specials every day

I find it funny that you're too chicken$hit to ask a bartender to change the television or watch a basketball game where you might be slightly out of your element, yet you're the one essentially calling liberals a bunch of p#$$&es on an internet message board.

Try decaf

Our TV deal (or lack of) is a joke. However it is just one more thing that winning will solve. Very important that we make a run in the tournament this year. The window is open cannot waste the opportunity.

Unfortunately, until the A10 negotiates a new deal (I think the current one goes until 2014) it will make it difficult to get a lot more local coverage in spite of winning which SUCKS! After reading numerous other A10 boards, this is one gripe we all have in common...oh, that, and the officiating. ;)

How much does it cost to televise a game like this? 3 camera men, a director, a sound guy and a couple of commentators? Is that all we need?

I'm guessing the rental for the TV trailer would be pretty expensive

KM - you got it, buddy. The rest is all fluff. From the old SLU-TV days, we did productions without a sound guy and used friggin Garage Band on an old mac book to mix sound. Very lo-fi, but it worked.

KM - you got it, buddy. The rest is all fluff. From the old SLU-TV days, we did productions without a sound guy and used friggin Garage Band on an old mac book to mix sound. Very lo-fi, but it worked.

You are only thinking about a microcosm of what it takes to broadcast a sporting event live. This guy who calls our athletic department "amateur" on a regular basis wants television production on par with SLU-TV? You can't have it both ways bobby. You'd have to buy the airtime on a station, have enough sponsors and advertisers, pay for a broadcast team, do you really want this guy calling a Billiken game?

Talk about amateur hour bobby. Glad you don't work in the athletic department or our games would look like CCIN broadcast of high school games. A good broadcast costs beaucoup $$$. How many people would be turned off by watching shaky camera work and terrible production because we cut corners just to show the game?

You are only thinking about a microcosm of what it takes to broadcast a sporting event live. This guy who calls our athletic department "amateur" on a regular basis wants television production on par with SLU-TV? You can't have it both ways bobby. You'd have to buy the airtime on a station, have enough sponsors and advertisers, pay for a broadcast team, do you really want this guy calling a Billiken game?

Talk about amateur hour bobby. Glad you don't work in the athletic department or our games would look like CCIN broadcast of high school games. A good broadcast costs beaucoup $$$. How many people would be turned off by watching shaky camera work and terrible production because we cut corners just to show the game?

I'd take a CCIN broadcast over nothing.

What is beaucoup $$$? Can anybody quantify that?

To be fair, many people find Yakov Smirnoff, Gallagher and Carrot Top hilarious. Whatever floats your boat, I say.

I like boats.

I like fishing on boats

I like driving boats

I like relaxing and enjoying the sun on boats

I tried waterskiing once, but either I was too big or the boat was too slow

Either way, I still like boats