A-10 Tournament starting to take shape

AMDG

We have now clinched a top-2 seed in the A-10 Tournament. As of today, I believe that we would be playing the winner of #7 Dayton vs. #10 Richmond. Beyond that would be the winner of #3 St. Bonaventure vs. the winner of #6 UMass vs. #11 Charlotte. I think we would have a really, really good chance of being in the championship game with these matchups.

Lots of things will change. Trust me, this is the home stretch to the A10 tournament as it happens every year. Only the top two are a lock now. Well, the bottom two are also but who cares about that. Fordham or Rhode could win out and still lose the head-to-head to GeeDub right now.

No matter how you cut it, it will be a war at the shore. I think any of the top seven right now probably thinks they can win it all if they catch the right breaks.

two more days of games in the conference:

Tonight:

4 St. Joe's @ 3 St. Bonnie

6 Umass @ 1 Temple

7 Dayton @ 10 Richmond

Fordham @ Rhode Island

8 La Salle @ 12 GW

9 Duquesne @ 11 Charlotte

Saturday:

GW @ Dayton

St. Bonnie @ La Salle

Temple @ Fordham

Bills @ Duquesne

Charlotte @ Xavier

Rhode Island @ Umass

The only possible issue is the turn-around time from the evening games to the afternoon game on Saturday. If we are the two seed, our Game 7 ends at 8:30 or 9:00. We then have to turn around and play an unknown opponent in the 10 Game a scant 18 hours later. Of course, that winner has even less time to prepare and get ready as well as getting their own legs back. Then if you advance to the title game, that tips Sunday at 1. In this regard, at least the #1 seed has the advantage, if there is one, of consistency.

Having a bench will be key. Umass, Dayton, the Bonnies, St. Joes, Richmond and Xavier don't go deep. Nobody does like us and Temple. I like that war of attrition.

I like the game times better as a 2 seed.

Big time. I feel like we always have the early or late game on day 1. This makes a big difference for the team that's traveled the farthest. We also have a big advantage that we haven't always had in being a top 4 seed- taking off that Tuesday, playing one less game late in the season, having one less team to prepare for- it's huge.

Also, having seen UMass drill both us and Xavier at home, I do NOT want to see them again. They are a nightmare matchup. I could see that team running the table in AC, actually.

@pistol --- Umass does present match-up issues for just about anyone. But in the Dayton game, Chaz Williams got two fouls in the first half and the die was cast. There is no one on that team who can be considered any sort of guard after Williams. Riley is a streak shooting defensive whiz who looks like a three. Putney is a 6'10" catch-and-shoot two guard. Vinson is a classic underachiever. Morgan is a small forward in a two guard role. Esho and Carter are interior goons. Yes, they handled us at Amherst, but they don't play all that well away from there. I think we turn the tables on them big time.

Nicholson is the guy everybody is talking about not wating to see in the post season. At home, we did to him what Dayton did to Williams above. I just don't think Nicholson has much of a supporting cast to carry him. But it is the Bonnies, who we seem to creak and crank against like we do Rhode, Umass and Richmond -- eastern teams we don't seem to get up for.

Any of the seen teams could likely be candidates for running the AC table. Umass' negatives are playing away from home, streakiness and short bench with oner guard on the roster.

@pistol --- Umass does present match-up issues for just about anyone. But in the Dayton game, Chaz Williams got two fouls in the first half and the die was cast. There is no one on that team who can be considered any sort of guard after Williams. Riley is a streak shooting defensive whiz who looks like a three. Putney is a 6'10" catch-and-shoot two guard. Vinson is a classic underachiever. Morgan is a small forward in a two guard role. Esho and Carter are interior goons. Yes, they handled us at Amherst, but they don't play all that well away from there. I think we turn the tables on them big time.

Nicholson is the guy everybody is talking about not wating to see in the post season. At home, we did to him what Dayton did to Williams above. I just don't think Nicholson has much of a supporting cast to carry him. But it is the Bonnies, who we seem to creak and crank against like we do Rhode, Umass and Richmond -- eastern teams we don't seem to get up for.

Any of the seen teams could likely be candidates for running the AC table. Umass' negatives are playing away from home, streakiness and short bench with oner guard on the roster.

Well, we can't just count on Williams getting into foul trouble early. We have to prepare as if he won't be in foul trouble. Yes, Dayton just slammed them, but Dayton is schizophrenic. They lost to Buffalo by the same amount they beat UMass. We don't do well against guys like Putney, whose offensive game is actually kind of similar to Aiken- long-limbed guys who step out and shoot a lot, and score in bunches. I just don't like the UMass matchup at all.

As of today with one more day of games to go:

First Round

8. Dayton vs. 9. Duquesne

5. St. Joe's vs. 12. GW

7. La Salle vs. 10. Richmond

6. UMass vs. 11. Charlotte

Second Round:

1. Temple plays winner of 8. Dayton vs. 9.Duquesne

2. BILLS play winner of 7. La Salle vs. 10. Richmond

3. St. Bonnie plays winner of 6. Umass vs. 11. Charlotte

4. Xavier plays winner of 5. St. Joe's vs. 12. GW

Saturdays games:

1. Temple @ Fordham

2. BILLS @ 9. Duquesne

3. St. Bonnie @ 7. La Salle

11. Charlotte @ 4. Xavier

Rhode Island @ 6. Umass

12. GW @ 6. Dayton

I predict that Temple, The Bills, La Salle, Xavier, Umass, and Dayton will win. That would make the final standings look like this:

1. Temple 13-3

2. BILLS 12-4

3. Xavier 10-6

4. St. Bonnie 10-6

5. St. Joe 9-7

6. La Salle 9-7

7. Dayton 9-7

8. Umass 9-7

9. Duquesne 7-9

10. Richmond 7-10

11. Charlotte 5-11

12. GW 5-11

If this were to happen, the tournament would shape up like this:

Winner of 8. Umass vs. 9. Duquesne plays 1. Temple

Winner of 5. St. Joe vs. 12. GW plays 4. St. Bonnie

Winner of 7. Dayton vs. 10. Richmond plays 2. SLU

Winner of 6. La Salle vs. 11. Charlotte plays 3. Xavier

I would really like if the Bonnies win on Saturday. I realize I am making a mistake in overlooking the first game, but if we win that I would much rather play the boys from Olean than Xavier again. I know we have beat X twice but I just have a bad feeling about playing them in AC. Either way, to be playing on selection sunday would be huge for us. Possibly bump us up to a 6 seed

As of today with one more day of games to go:

First Round

8. Dayton vs. 9. Duquesne

5. St. Joe's vs. 12. GW

7. La Salle vs. 10. Richmond

6. UMass vs. 11. Charlotte

Second Round:

1. Temple plays winner of 8. Dayton vs. 9.Duquesne

2. BILLS play winner of 7. La Salle vs. 10. Richmond

3. St. Bonnie plays winner of 6. Umass vs. 11. Charlotte

4. Xavier plays winner of 5. St. Joe's vs. 12. GW

Saturdays games:

1. Temple @ Richmond

2. BILLS @ 9. Duquesne

3. St. Bonnie @ 7. La Salle

11. Charlotte @ 4. Xavier

Rhode Island @ 6. Umass

12. GW @ 6. Dayton

I predict that Temple, The Bills, La Salle, Xavier, Umass, and Dayton will win. That would make the final standings look like this:

1. Temple 13-3

2. BILLS 12-4

3. Xavier 10-6

4. St. Bonnie 10-6

5. St. Joe 9-7

6. La Salle 9-7

7. Dayton 9-7

8. Umass 9-7

9. Duquesne 7-9

10. Richmond 7-10

11. Charlotte 5-11

12. GW 5-11

If this were to happen, the tournament would shape up like this:

Winner of 8. Umass vs. 9. Duquesne plays 1. Temple

Winner of 5. St. Joe vs. 12. GW plays 4. St. Bonnie

Winner of 7. Dayton vs. 10. Richmond plays 2. SLU

Winner of 6. La Salle vs. 11. Charlotte plays 3. Xavier

Richmond and St. Joe's are done for the season. You have Temple beating Richmond and Richmond finishing 7-10; they actually play Fordham.

Richmond and St. Joe's are done for the season. You have Temple beating Richmond and Richmond finishing 7-10; they actually play Fordham.

typo, thank you.

I would really like if the Bonnies win on Saturday. I realize I am making a mistake in overlooking the first game, but if we win that I would much rather play the boys from Olean than Xavier again. I know we have beat X twice but I just have a bad feeling about playing them in AC. Either way, to be playing on selection sunday would be huge for us. Possibly bump us up to a 6 seed

I don't want to play xavier again because I'm afraid we might come out of it with injuries. they play dirty and I was really happy KM or CE didn't get banged up too bad.

the old saying goes, "it is nearly impossible to beat a foe 3 times in one season". i'll take the bonnies and pray rickma can neutralize nicholson.

the old saying goes, "it is nearly impossible to beat a foe 3 times in one season". i'll take the bonnies and pray rickma can neutralize nicholson.

Agreed. They both will be desperate, but X will be even more desperate. This is not saying the Bonnies will be any piece of cake in Atlantic City, but X was expected to be an NCAA Tournament team, and still might be. The A-10 Tournament is X's final chance for redemption.

quarterfinals and semifinals on cbs sports network

finals on cbs

http://www.atlantic1...askbl-2012.html

Quarterfinals are on the Regional (Syndicated) Network - will need to have either Charter or KPLR to pick up to watch local. (I think KPLR has picked up this game in the past)

All of the Quarterfinal games are currently scheduled to air on CSN MidAtlantic - DirecTV 642 - Dish - 424

Semifinals are then picked up by CBS Sports Network

when you are 2-0 vs. a team (like the X-cons) it's an invitation to heartache to play them a 3rd time. heartache, I tell ya !

@backhand ---- THIS? weekend to AC? Next weekend --- March 9, 10 and 11. Yes. Toting the docs and letting SignKid run alongside car through bogs of southern Jersey Pinelands as Devil bait.